Decision-making

Gaffer

What are we doing about it though? What’s the reason behind it? Lack of faith in the system, poor coaching, wrong attitude within the club, lack of leadership on and off the field?

I can’t think of us or other teams making this many stupid individual mistakes in a season. Even under poorer managers we weren’t doing daft things as individuals every other week.

5 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Confident players don’t repeatedly make the type of errors we’ve seen this seen this season. It’s a symptom of a lack of trust in what we’re doing. 

Rodgers has been decent for us all season but he has gifted St Mirren that point and denied us all 3. He punched everything all game and the one that mattered carries it over the line or close to it giving the linesman a decision to make. We could have easy another 6 or 7 points without these errors, they are supposed to even out but just aren't for us.

2 minutes ago, WFAANW said:

Nothing to do with confidence, keeper shat it and not good enough at this level.

Before the Livi game we all thought he was fantastic and a big improvement on last years keepers. Now he’s made these two mistakes he’s not good enough at this level? He’s saved us countless times this season and we’d likely be bottom of the league without him. Completely reactionary 

2 minutes ago, KillieBoys1869 said:

Mate rogers has saved us several times. You can expect the odd mistake from a keeper.

Last week I can accept. The players in front of him could have done better etc. Today was a f**k up. That was easy dealt with. Why is it happening again and again right through the squad. Eastwood, Rogers x3, Millen x 2, Haunstrup, Findlay, Dikamona, Brophy, McGowan to name a few have all made daft decisions that have cost us a goal or a man. 

Just now, killieblue said:

Before the Livi game we all thought he was fantastic and a big improvement on last years keepers. Now he’s made these two mistakes he’s not good enough at this level? He’s saved us countless times this season and we’d likely be bottom of the league without him. Completely reactionary 

Who thought he was fantastic?

Just now, Gaffer said:

Rodgers has been decent for us all season but he has gifted St Mirren that point and denied us all 3. He punched everything all game and the one that mattered carries it over the line or close to it giving the linesman a decision to make. We could have easy another 6 or 7 points without these errors, they are supposed to even out but just aren't for us.

Maybe the corner where he’d made a great save from Shaughnessy was still on his mind. Maybe he thought it was better try and catch it rather than trust Kirk to challenge for the header. Maybe he was worried that Captain Octopus would give away a penalty groping his man. As I said, if they trust what we’re doing, he tips that over the bar and we defend a corner. 

No manager can be blamed for one poor decision or individual error, but it’s happening constantly. I honestly can’t remember a Killie team making so many gaffes in my 25 years following them.

If players aren’t getting sent off they are inexplicably losing their man, playing crazy short back passes or carrying the ball over the line. I’m afraid you do have to start asking questions of the manager and why his players seem to lack the ability to stay focussed for 90 minutes.

To be honest I don’t even know who I’m most annoyed at. Obviously Rogers is near the top of the list but he’s not really the main problem.  Totally dreading next week now against this mob, especially with them coming off the back of a good win.

Just now, Gaffer said:

Tell me how he is accountable for that freak decision to gift a goal from a keeper who has played well almost every game this season. Would you have had dropped Rodgers for Eastwood ? 

Because he didn’t do enough to see us out of sight or to kill the game.the mistake only cost us because we didn’t do enough when on top or kill the game when it was slipping away from us. Just like all the other ones. It was a howler from Roger but we were holding on in a game we shouldn’t have had to.

Just now, Gaffer said:

I agree should have broke the play up with substitutions but no one could foresee what the keeper done. Did you ?

Not at all. We didn’t help ourselves though. It’s another example of failing to react to what the opponents have done. Saints did something at halftime which put them on the front foot. They then stuck on extra attackers. We changed nothing. How the goal is conceded is disappointing but with the pressure we brought on ourselves by not doing anything it’s not surprising. It’s something we’ve consistently struggled with under Dyer. 

That either of Burke or Kiltie lasted 93 minutes on that pitch today, never mind both of them, is nothing short of dreadful in terms of decision making. Completely anonymous second half from them both. Sacrificing one of them to try and shore up the midfield and try and get a foothold in the game was surely obvious to everyone, everyone except Dyer that is. He sees a different game to me certainly.