Why I Don't Want to Join The Trust...

jmthmsn

16 hours ago, piffer said:

Would you and others consider a club membership system similar to TiK where fan ownership isn’t the final goal? A way of giving to the club every month.

I have my own reservations about fan ownership and not being sure if it’s the right choice but my feeling was it might be better to be involved and have a vote in decisions.

That would be more appealing than something with fan ownership as goal, yes.

i also have issue with money only being handed over for agreed projects. 

Good to see the initial comments on the brophy thread has lead to such an open and largely respectful exchange on this thread. It’s clear that there is a lot of passion and insight amongst the killie family it’s it’s not yet being effectively harnessed. A rebrand maybe complex and costly but I’m still left with a feeling it’s essential. Scrap the trust and TiK defences and have a single, simple, identity with clearly stated objectives and realistic commitments with respect to open communication with the board. I like the idea of gathering the killie supporting personalities and the former killie players to support such a relaunch. And - it’s not about Jims complexion (I could do with the stuff he’s on tbh) - but on a serious note, trying to attract a different profile of “supporter” I think it really important. Maybe a junior branch. Anyway, some really good discussion and hopefully some direct benefits as a consequence.

We are going to get back to something resembling normal eventually.

If the club is having issues with cashflow I have an idea that they could consider.

The club sells ‘tickets’ for the reminding games. These could be home or away. These ‘tickets’ are in effect an entry into a draw. This draw allows the winning fan to take part in team activity on the day of a game as a member of the management or team would do. This would be a truly unique experience. If fans won’t contribute to winning such an experience then they never will.

It would need to be properly marketed but it could generate funds for the club at minimum cost. 

In fact we could do this for every game when things get back to normal. 

Edited by MarkyMark

58 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

It’s 460 trust in killie subscribers but the trust members are over 900. 
Trust In killie is simply the Trusts fund raising campaign. 

I think this is an example of what I mean. I don’t really understand your answer. Sorry if I’m being thick but I was trying to establish how much money is being raised for the club on a monthly or annual basis. 

The virtual ticket thing or along those lines is money. Make it a challenge let’s try sell 5000 of them. No limit on how many you can purchase. Makes up £25.000 to the club. 

Need to think outside the box you have players get them doing video call to winners, strips signed. All sorts of assets we could be using better. Get a fan as a commentator on one of the games. 

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

We are going to get back to something resembling normal eventually.

If the club is having issues with cashflow I have an idea that they could consider.

The club sells ‘tickets’ for the reminding games. These could be home or away. These ‘tickets’ are in effect an entry into a draw. This draw allows the winning fan to take part in team activity on the day of a game as a member of the management or team would do. This would be a truly unique experience. If fans won’t contribute to winning such an experience then they never will.

It would need to be properly marketed but it could generate funds for the club at minimum cost. 

In fact we could do this for every game when things get back to normal. 

Don’t understand the negative votes for this?

I’m talking about a fan becoming part of the back room for a day not part of the team. If that fan wants to take part in the warm up and can play football they could but nothing beyond that. The ‘tickets’ could be set at sat £5 or whatever. If the folk that voted this down are thinking they don’t want to do it as they have bought season tickets fine but the club have our season ticket money and the suggestion above generates additional revenue at next to no cost. 

More likely to get uptake for something unique than simply selling ‘tickets’ to a game that people can’t attend in any event. 

Edited by MarkyMark

25 minutes ago, jam1869 said:

We have had a draw for a seat in Directors box for a game earlier in season, could a raffle be done for EVERY home game, £2 a go, very limited outlay to club.

I thought about this for home and away games. One drawback is that if fans are in the directors box they are seen as representing the club. Also don’t think it’s unique enough.

The one thing we can provide is access to the players and what goes on behind the scenes and this comes at no cost. 

22 minutes ago, killie99 said:

I'm starting to think that you actually must be a bit on the dense side. What is not to understand about that answer?

There are 900 odd trust members.

There are 400 odd fans pay into the TIK initaitive.

It couldn't be plainer if they stamped it on your forehead with indelible ink. I've come to the conclusion that the people who don't understand this have a mental block, simply because they don't want to understand it. And why is the non-trust members are all the ones making the demands about the trust must do this and the trust must do that? If you want the trust to do things then be a member and tell them what you want them to do!!!!

100% correct! Very well put.

32 minutes ago, killie99 said:

I'm starting to think that you actually must be a bit on the dense side. What is not to understand about that answer?

There are 900 odd trust members.

There are 400 odd fans pay into the TIK initaitive.

It couldn't be plainer if they stamped it on your forehead with indelible ink. I've come to the conclusion that the people who don't understand this have a mental block, simply because they don't want to understand it. And why is the non-trust members are all the ones making the demands about the trust must do this and the trust must do that? If you want the trust to do things then be a member and tell them what you want them to do!!!!

Actually I have a first class degree but we can leave that to one side. 
I don’t know the difference between Killie Trust members and the TIK initiative. Are they different organisations? Do they have different aims? If someone furnished me with that information then I may understand more about them. I have asked how much money they raise because no one has answered that question. 
incidentally, I’m not making any demands of either or both organisations. I was responding to a direct question posted on here by Jim Thomson and attempting to find out some information so I could decide if I wanted to join or not. If your ignorant, condescending and patronising attitude shown in your reply is representative of the trust then it is little wonder that you’re aren’t being successful in recruiting more members. 

Edited by historyman

https://www.smisa.net/

Just wondering if this statement is the main reason that the buddies have had a far bigger response than us:

" We are set to become St Mirren's majority owners in summer 2021 "

Could this ever be a possibility at Killie under the current framework?

If it was possible, imho, the Trust membership would surely grow far larger than at present.

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t know the difference between Killie Trust members and the TIK initiative. Are they different organisations? Do they have different aims? If someone furnished me with that information then I may understand more about them. I have asked how much money they raise because no one has answered that question. 
incidentally, I’m not making any demands of either or both organisations. I was responding to a direct question posted on here by Jim Thomson and attempting to find out some information so I could decide if I wanted to join or not. If your ignorant, condescending and patronising attitude shown in your reply is representative of the trust then it is little wonder that you’re aren’t being successful in recruiting more members. 

Here you go- https://www.thekillietrust.com/about-us/mission-and-objectives

https://www.thekillietrust.com/en/objectives_48754/

https://www.thekillietrust.com/en/trust-in-killie-faq_52033/

7 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Thank you for this information. Can you please also tell me how much the trust contributes to the club on a monthly or annual basis? 

55 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I thought about this for home and away games. One drawback is that if fans are in the directors box they are seen as representing the club. Also don’t think it’s unique enough.

The one thing we can provide is access to the players and what goes on behind the scenes and this comes at no cost. 

I was meaning purely during the Covid period, distancing etc permitted. 

Just now, historyman said:

Thank you for this information. Can you please also tell me how much the trust contributes to the club on a monthly or annual basis? 

In a word no.

I get the regular updates from being a TIK contributor but as I am not on the committee I don't have full details. 

I did a quick internet search simply to prove how easy it is to find the information you were looking for. 

45 minutes ago, historyman said:

Suggest you read the whole thread mate, that’ll answer your questions crystal clear.

54 minutes ago, historyman said:

The latest financial report is out today. 

896 members of the Trust

460 subscribers to TiK

£15,100 donated in November and December combined.

£97,800 donated to the club since March. 

41 minutes ago, skygod said:

The latest financial report is out today. 

896 members of the Trust

460 subscribers to TiK

£15,100 donated in November and December combined.

£97,800 donated to the club since March. 

The language used here is one of my major issues.

Money was donated? Or were shares bought?

see there is a major difference between the two. Now if the money was donated fair enough, but if it wasn’t and share were bought (given tik wants ownership why would they donate money) then any use of given/donate is absolutely wrong if not disingenuous.

1 minute ago, Bhamkillieken said:

The language used here is one of my major issues.

Money was donated? Or were shares bought?

see there is a major difference between the two. Now if the money was donated fair enough, but if it wasn’t and share were bought (given tik wants ownership why would they donate money) then any use of given/donate is absolutely wrong if not disingenuous.

Nice to see you can find fault in Killie fans handing over almost £100k since lockdown.