Dyer comments on Kiltie and strikers

Killieboykfc

I can't imagine the 'Not dishing out contracts ..........' remark is a footballing decision! If it is and he said it's more evidence that the manager simply isn't up to the job.

I generally follow the rule that the Board aren't really talked about much when things go well (BB did get some praise though) and shouldn't be massacred when things go less well on the pitch. I'm also genuinely grateful that they keep the club afloat in very hard times.

BUT we really need to know whether this lack of action on contracts is 1) true and 2) due to our financial situation?

If things are that bad we really need to know so that we can try to rally round. The silence from the Board really isn't helping right now! If it's a reluctance to talk about the manager's position I can respect that and they could insist that's off the agenda but there's things that we know here.

6 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

BUT we really need to know whether this lack of action on contracts is 1) true and 2) due to our financial situation?

If things are that bad we really need to know so that we can try to rally round. 

I wonder if the truth is just a bit more boring than that though. 

Of course we are in a precarious financial position, as pretty much every club is.

The profile of the out of contract players likely has a bearing too. I would imagine Rogers, Broadfoot, Burke, Kiltie, Kabamba and Waters would all sign contracts at pretty much any time. Kiltie is the only one I think is in any danger of being poached away. 

I'd rather get more sorted, but if it doesnt make much odds to the liklihood of the guys signing then you can see why the club wants to wait to have a better idea of the future. 

Findlay is in a different category and I suspect has made his mind up one way or another or would be better running down his contract and seeing the lay of the land. I'd like us to try, but again it makes little odds if he's deciding he's waiting. 

The covid of it all also works both ways. Not outwith the realms of possibility that things get a lot worse with some new variant and we're delighted we don't have guys signed up. Equally likely that things look much more rosy by the end of March and we can start offering longer deals. 

Almost all of the older players that’ll be soon out of contract would only expect (and be offered) 1 year deals regardless of our situation. If we are in the Premier league which is 95+% sure the club should know by now who they want to be part of the plan or not. If none of them are then we are in for a very interesting summer of recruitment but I’m sure there’s a strong and reliable strategy at work behind the scenes, honest ? 

Mcinness say that they will be no signing this window at Aberdeen,Dundee Utd players taking a pay cut and apart from the Old Firm every team in the league relies heavily on match day income.Doubt if they will be many teams dishing out contracts till they know what’s happening next season.How St Mirren managed to sign Brophy is a mystery they can’t say for certain what league they will be in next season and certainly not wether they are going to be top 6 

4 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

What sort of motivation are these latest comments supposed to be though? To the players in particular but also to fans and potential fans.

How many times do posters have to point out that the complete lack of forward planning we've displayed over the last two years means we lose all of our best assets for nothing?

What this suggests to me is staying in the league every season is all that the club wants and with this approach one season our another we're going to come a real cropper.

I dont enjoy having a go at Dyer. I really wanted him to be a success but what I think we all need to know is this his view or the party line from the owner?

Dyer only stated he won't dish out new deals until Killie are safe..... He doesn't mention if new deals have been negotiated or agreed.