No more contract talks?

killieblues

From BBC Sport interview with AD. This is a bit worrying!

Dyer says he is comfortable with the fact that the majority of his squad are out of contract at the end of the season, despite the possibility that other clubs could offer them deals, as happened with Brophy.

"They have a right to talk or sign for whoever they want," he added. "We have a wage structure here, we have a budget and we keep to that as much as we can do.

"It would be unfair to give one or two new contracts and the rest would be waiting, so it's better not to give out any."

Just now, Fudger said:

Can only hope this is all for show in public and there are negotiations going on behind the scenes with kiltie, Findlay et al. If not and what he says is genuine then it’s extremely worrying. 

Got to hope so.

Always liked JF in his playing days but it does make you wonder what his role currently is.

Just now, Fudger said:

Can only hope this is all for show in public and there are negotiations going on behind the scenes with kiltie, Findlay et al. If not and what he says is genuine then it’s extremely worrying. 

This ^^^^
I hope that the “more important “ contracts have already been shown to the relative players with a request to keep schtoom.

I have to admit some confusion as to what the clubs problem with positive spin, there is no doubt that the Sheep, Hibs , Arabs et al are in the same boat as us, you don’t hear the call of doom coming from their grounds, their fans thrive off the positivity, whereas here at Killie we are closing the curtains and locking ourselves in dark rooms.

Fowler and Dyer need to be replaced, their lack of understanding is almost as bad as their game management. 

We are in the middle of a pandemic but we will get through it. We need to have a squad for next season. 

We should building a team around Findlay,  Kiltie, Tish etc. Players in their mid twenties that worth something. 

The club should be offering 3 year contract to these guys but with a clause that if we are relegated then their salaries reduce. 

It’s a catch 22 situation. Offer better players such as Kiltie, Findlay, Tish etc on better and improved deals not knowing where we will finish or the financial impact of Covid fully yet known you could go into next season having used up most of the budget. 

However if we don’t act now and get some players tied up, even verbally dependant on league position and if the season actually finishes, then we could find ourselves in a really tough situation for next season.

20 hours ago, piffer said:

We surely can’t be operating with this mentality. It’s not how football works it never has worked like this. Things like this are how you end up with a group of squad players and no first team players. 

This is exactly how the club operated when it was part time and run by the Lauchlands,

I am sure I remember Robert Cockburn saying in an interview in one if rhe fanzines, that one year at the end of the seasons Eddie Morrison (I think) just asked him if he was signing again! No talks, no fees nothing.

I got pelters for suggesting the club could end up back as we were in the 1980s in another thread.  If this is true then we've already arrived.

Absolutely amateurish.

Edited by Beaker71

52 minutes ago, Fudger said:

What part in recent history would make you believe this train of thought?

AD has no clue and just wants to remain friends with everyone rather than put noses out of joint.

We should be prioritising squad members like Kiltie and Findlay who have a resale value then if finances afford we work through other members of the squad depending on their value to the squad and club.

I seem to remember last season Chris Burke refused to engage in contract negotiations untill the club had sorted out contracts for the younger members of the squad.

14 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

This is exactly how the club operated when it was part time and run by the Lauchlands,

I am sure I remember Robert Cockburn saying in an interview in one if rhe fanzines, that one year at the end of the seasons Eddie Morrison (I think) just asked him if he was signing again! No talks, no fees nothing.

You could do that in the 80s.

No Bosman rules and you still held the player's registration even if they were out of contract.

34 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Just as well he is not in charge of negotiations. I’d be amazed if contract talks are not going on.

He’s telling everyone he’s calling the shots though. Looking at the setup this kind of thing should fall on Fowler or the board. Dyer is telling us repeatedly in interviews that he’s the main man for everything. So what’s actually happening?

2 hours ago, killieblues said:

From BBC Sport interview with AD. This is a bit worrying!

Dyer says he is comfortable with the fact that the majority of his squad are out of contract at the end of the season, despite the possibility that other clubs could offer them deals, as happened with Brophy.

"They have a right to talk or sign for whoever they want," he added. "We have a wage structure here, we have a budget and we keep to that as much as we can do.

"It would be unfair to give one or two new contracts and the rest would be waiting, so it's better not to give out any."

Deary, deary, deary me. Now we have our leader........

1 hour ago, CB said:

We're not counting on 'doing a British Gas' are we? Release the players at the end of the season, and re-sign them on lesser deals?

That might work for the players that are not in demand or coming to the end of their careers, but it won't work for the likes of Kiltie or Findlay who could get better deals elsewhere.