George Oakley

kfc_superteam

8 hours ago, Bullitt said:

You clearly haven’t seen him play. He’s pretty quick. Certainly quicker than our current two strikers and Brophy. Him being a “big target man” is just another myth peddled by folk on Twitter who know the square root of f**k all about football. 

Rapid and a fantastic first touch*

2 hours ago, AyrshireCocard said:

Not sure where he was written off on my comment, just said I'd rather have Cummings. Think he would bring another style of play to us up top.

Not aimed directly at you ... it was a comment aimed at those who automatically write off a guy before he kicks a ball for us of which we have plenty in our support.

Oakley will need a few games to get match fit as he hasn't played much this season.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, Bullitt said:

Looking forward to see a lot of people with egg on their face in writing this lad off. He’s stood out every game i’ve seen him play and I wanted him in last season. 

Still waiting for egg on the face. Will score on average 4 to 6 goals a season if were lucky. 

After 48 mins 50 secs, there was long ball into space in front of the East Stand.

Both he and the defender had to run about thirty yards to get there and it seemed to me that he ran just slowly enough to be second to the ball.

He certainly wasn't going flat out.

I thought he generally looked lackadaisical.  

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

After 48 mins 50 secs, there was long ball into space in front of the East Stand.

Both he and the defender had to run about thirty yards to get there and it seemed to me that he ran just slowly enough to be second to the ball.

He certainly wasn't going flat out.

I thought he generally looked lackadaisical.  

I think there’s a lot of players hiding like that the moment all over the pitch.