R.I.P formations

Zorro

If you have access to BT Sports or a dodgy stream, tune in for the second half of the Man City game. The first half has been a master class in total football. Forget everything you think you know about tactics, positioning and formations, Pep has not only ripped up the book, he’s set fire to the pieces and scattered the ashes at sea. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

For context City scored more against West Brom tonight than Man Utd and Liverpool have managed against them between them. 

#MissingDeBruyne. 

But the same as Leeds scored at the Hawthorns.

The same Leeds that leaked 6 to Man Utd and 4 to Liverpool but only 1 to Man City.

What is your point caller?

14 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

But the same as Leeds scored at the Hawthorns.

The same Leeds that leaked 6 to Man Utd and 4 to Liverpool but only 1 to Man City.

What is your point caller?

That the gap at the top of the table is only going to get wider as Pep is tactically superior to every other manager in the league. He gave you all a head start and reeled you all in. He hardly bothers using strikers as it’s just so easy for him.

If you can’t enjoy the way City play, you’ve no soul. 

9 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Surely if they were that good they would have beaten one of the top six teams, or did I miss that ?

You get 3 points no matter who you beat, that’s why they sit proudly at the top of the table, despite giving the others a head start. Any idea how come these other top six teams have less points, if being able to beat another top six side is the measure of ability/quality?

2 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Or they would have beaten West Brom at home ...

It’s unrealistic to think a team in the English Premiership can win every game or that Man Utd can challenge for the league. 

15 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

So we’re discounting Chelsea ? 

Always. 

With respect Zorro I think it’s best you just stop replying. You could look like a right silly bugger if city slip up again. We are only half way through the season. 

It’s been a strange year and anything could happen. f**k me, United could actually win it. They gained 4 points from 2 deflected shots (wolves @home, Burnley away). It’s too early to rule out any of the top 6. Even if it is due to luck or lack of injuries. 

Let’s not make everything an argument. Some of the football without fans in all games has been pretty bad, city have certainly turned it on though. Don’t think anyone will disagree with you. 

12 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

With respect Zorro I think it’s best you just stop replying. You could look like a right silly bugger if city slip up again. We are only half way through the season. 

It’s been a strange year and anything could happen. f**k me, United could actually win it. They gained 4 points from 2 deflected shots (wolves @home, Burnley away). It’s too early to rule out any of the top 6. Even if it is due to luck or lack of injuries. 

Let’s not make everything an argument. Some of the football without fans in all games has been pretty bad, city have certainly turned it on though. Don’t think anyone will disagree with you. 

A reasoned post here. City are the clear favourites for the league. Zorro is only going to make himself look daft if they don't win it at a canter now.

7 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

@Guff92, I have nothing to lose as I don’t support any of the English sides. I’m only watching these games as I’m running out of things to watch on Netflix with this lockdown and teaching myself the bass isn’t going as well as I’d hoped. I actually think my fingers may be musically dyslexic. Is that even a thing?

Anyway, I’ve never been a “sing when you’re winning...” type of guy. Just give your opinion and change it as new facts emerge. Fact is City are on a different level from their rivals at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Zorro said:

@Guff92, I have nothing to lose as I don’t support any of the English sides. I’m only watching these games as I’m running out of things to watch on Netflix with this lockdown and teaching myself the bass isn’t going as well as I’d hoped. I actually think my fingers may be musically dyslexic. Is that even a thing?

Anyway, I’ve never been a “sing when you’re winning...” type of guy. Just give your opinion and change it as new facts emerge. Fact is City are on a different level from their rivals at the moment. 

At the moment being the key word.

City play Liverpool, Spurs, arsenal and United within their next 7 league games. Mostly without their best player. Anything could happen. 

Their run of form has been what’s expected of them, bar maybe the Chelsea and Southampton away wins. Both good results.

13 hours ago, Zorro said:

If you have access to BT Sports or a dodgy stream, tune in for the second half of the Man City game. The first half has been a master class in total football. Forget everything you think you know about tactics, positioning and formations, Pep has not only ripped up the book, he’s set fire to the pieces and scattered the ashes at sea. 

Pep was brought in to win the champions league for city,taking a dinosaur like big Sam to the cleaners won’t have the fans/board doing handstands

41 minutes ago, Jasg said:

Pep was brought in to win the champions league for city,taking a dinosaur like big Sam to the cleaners won’t have the fans/board doing handstands

The challenge is the same for every top manager at all the biggest clubs. City, their fans and directors will be perfectly satisfied with regaining their league title. And they’ll all be purring at the style they’re doing it in. As will any neutral football fan. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

At the moment being the key word.

City play Liverpool, Spurs, arsenal and United within their next 7 league games. Mostly without their best player. Anything could happen. 

Their run of form has been what’s expected of them, bar maybe the Chelsea and Southampton away wins. Both good results.

Liverpool have Spurs, West Ham, City, Leicester and Everton in their next seven. Definitely without their best player. City can afford to drop a few points, can Liverpool? I’d suggest if you don’t beat City you’re already out of the title race. And nobody is going to win the league with a midfield of Fred, Pogba and McTominay. 

Edited by Zorro

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Liverpool have Spurs, West Ham, City, Leicester and Everton in their next seven. Definitely without their best player. City can afford to drop a few points, can Liverpool? I’d suggest if you don’t beat City you’re already out of the title race. And nobody is going to win the league with a midfield of Fred, Pogba and McTominay. 

Lucky they’ve got Matic to step in if required ?

On 1/26/2021 at 9:05 PM, Zorro said:

Did you catch any of the Man Utd game last night? 9-0 going on more...

16 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Did you catch any of the Man Utd game last night? 9-0 going on more...

Nah I was too busy watching my team putting in a horrendous performance of their own. 

At least we know Man Utd can play once the pressure is off now. Ole still can’t get a performance in the big games though. 

Just now, Zorro said:

Nah I was too busy watching my team putting in a horrendous performance of their own. 

At least we know Man Utd can play once the pressure is off now. Ole still can’t get a performance in the big games though. 

Aye we were dreadful. 

It was a good reaction after a couple of poor performances in a row.