Keep, Undecided, Punt

C4mmy31

Shamelessly copy n pasted my comments from a thread on P&B.

All is based on IF you had offers for any player at the club this window, basing it on form, age etc....

It's all about opinions but here's my ten bobs worth.

Keep - Findlay, thou, I think his mind is made up that he fancies another crack down south given Fowlers comments at last weeks on board in person meeting.

Keep - Tshibola, Started the season well but has tailed off slightly recently. With Power & Dicker definately on the decline, he holds the ball up well in midfield and has the ability to find an open player with a simple pass. Sometimes looks disintetested but theres definately still a player in there.

Keep - Kiltie, the most creative player at Rugby Park and is now showing in games the potential he had in spades pre-injuries, is happy to stay and enjoying his football again given his interview with the DR last week. Won't be short of suitors as his contract is up in the summer so a new offer is no brainer for me.

Undecided - Haunstrup, arrived with plenty of Pompey fans seethin he was allowed to leave them, thou, has been in and out the team. Is he much better than Waters? I've not seen enough from him so far to form a solid opinion yet.

Punt - Kabamba, again started the season well but looks out his depth in the top flight as the season has gone on, his confidence seems shot to pieces and he lacks a presence up top being pretty useless in the air for his size bar the one performance against Jullien.

Punt - Whitehall, lacks movement but to his credit is slightly better than Kabamba in holding the ball up. Not nearly good enough for the top flight thou imo.

Punt - Rogers, a decent shot stopper but doesn't command his area and is prone to a mistake or two in games which doesn't install confidence in our defence. No better than Jamie McDonald who was allowed to leave last summer.

Punt - Pinnock, for a winger he has zero pace and skill to beat his man, he is capable of a decent cross now and again but gets posted missing far to often and would struggle in the Championship.

The rest with the exception of keeping Burke, McGowne & possibly McKenzie, im not really bothered about either way.....

Edited by C4mmy31
clarification

Would keep Rogers but as a number 2.

Haunstrup is better than Waters. Undecided still but I would keep him. I have seen enough in flashes to think he deserves another season.

On Findlay its not really a matter of keep from the clubs point of view. He wants to go and will be off and good luck to him.

Kiltie most important one for me to get signed up. I think we even build the team around him in the number 10 role. 

Oh and keeping Burkey in some capacity in a coaching role is a high priority for me also.

Edited by AyrshireCocard

3 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I think haunstrup will turn out to be a shrewd signing and a saleable asset if handled right. I’d also keep kabamba but not as our main man upfront. 

As I say, I've not seen enough of Haunstrup to back up the hype generated by the Portsmouth fans yet.....

The thing is we don’t have the luxury of punting too many players as there are no replacements. Only position that’s over provided for is defensive midfield.

I don’t see Kabamba or Whitehall as good enough for this level. Same for Ross Millen, same for Pinnock. When their deals are up I’d let them go.

All the others mentioned I think are good enough for the SPFL premiership if they had the right management. Unfortunately they don’t but that is another and IMO more important story.

Think Haunstrup is one of the few contracted for next season. I’d definitely keep him. Offers way more going forward than Waters. 

Ultimately we’re probably going to have a big turnover this summer though. Broadfoot and Burke are possible retirement candidates. Findlay will leave. Dicker may want to move closer to home. Then there is a host of guys like Pinnock, Whitehall, Kabamba, Dikamona that largely seem to be squad filler and could easily be shown the door. 

A lot will hinge on who the manager is but unless we’re relegated it’s a certainty that’ll be AD unfortunately 

8 hours ago, TheShark said:

I'd disagree with Whitehall holding the ball up better than Kabamba. I wouldn't say he could hold the ball up any better than a brick wall.

Don't get me wrong, he has his attributes, but ball control isn't one.

Whitehall's hold up play is far superior to Kabamba which is non existent.

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Keep - Findlay, if we can

Keep - Tishbola

Keep - Kiltie

Keep - Haunstrup

Keep - Rogers  decent enough back up keeper  but we need a new starter

Keep - McGowan shaky start but getting there

Keep - Rory, KB, Burke,  Mulumbu, Connelly (this boy has a future and we need to keep him and start using him)

Undecided - Kabamba, a bit like the Fish in such that 8 think there's a player there, but confidence and decent coaching is key

Punt - Whitehall, 

Punt - Pinnock, he is just mince

Punt - Dikamona, too prone to mega howlers. 

Punt - Cameron, just hasn't got it at our level imo.

On the Slide:

Dicker,  Power, these two will be very difficult to replace and we may have to do one next season and the other the following. or starting a decline which may mean this or definitely next season would be their last.

Back up only: Waters, Millen these two would only be kept if they're not keeping a youngester from coming through.

There's my thoughts.

Keep: Kiltie, no explanation needed 

Keep: Tish, Not going to get much more years out of power and Dicker just hope that he doesn't turn into his old self

Keep: Rogers, decent shot stopper has an occasional howler but every keeper does even at the highest level.

Keep: Waters, very consistent this season if you ask me doesn't get the credit he deserves. Better defensively than Haunstrup.

Keep: Findlay, would love him to stay but lifes short if he wants another crack down south he goes down south he goes with the very best of luck.

Undecided: Whitehall and Kabamba, not much to split the 2 both think they are capable of playing at this level Whitehall has been decent holding up the ball. Looks like a decent set piece taker too. Kabamba just needs someone to relight his fire.

Undecided: Oakley, for obvious reasons 

Punt: Millen, Lives of that goal at Tynecastle

Punt: Dikamona, prone to errors and a bit frantic when on the ball. Plus hes to focused on hearts.

Punt: Pinnock, his crosses are phenomenal I'll give him that. But for me hes far too slow and doesn't backtrack quick enough.

Up to them- Burke, Broadfoot, Dicker, Mulumbu. Id love for them to stay but there in the last few years of football so ultimately their choice. 

Youth: Connell id definitely keep. Think the majority could do with a loan spell to get minutes cause Dyer quite obviously wont give them any at this moment. 

Punt, Keep, up to them!  this tactic has led to constant mass changing of the squad every summer with little time to establish a consistent team. we need to try and get to the point where we have a strong nucleus of a squad and add one or two quality players to that squad every summer keeping space in the squad to develop youth.

the one person we must keep is Burke I would offer him a coaching role right now.

Keep 

Greg Kiltie - He is by far our most intelligent footballer. I still think that he is the best player at the club by quite a distance when you consider his age etc. He is a player that I just love watching - the way he receives the ball, his smart runs, good finishing etc. Must do all we can to keep him. 

Yousouff Mulumbu - A genuine quality player at this level. Easy decision. 

Stuart Findlay - He has had a poor season but so have the full squad. I think he has all the attributes to be a real top quality centre back. He reminds be a bit of Ajer at Celtic in the sense that some of his best moments seem to be in his recovery defending, but obviously these moments usually occur because of his own mistakes. He is prone to a few heads gone moments (St Johnstone at home this season, Aberdeen in the cup last season) but he is a good age and has been one of the best centre backs I’ve seen at RP. 

Chris Burke - A model professional and a bloody good player. Still very important to us but we definitely need someone to help him because he can’t play as much as he has been. 

Aaron Tshibola - Probably the most difficult one to include in the ‘keep’ category. He is infuriating - one week he looks incredible then the next he is anonymous and like a man down. I wouldn’t push the boat out to keep him but I think he’s a handy player to have for some games and if he could string together a consistent run then he would be a stand out at this level. 

Gary Dicker - A great player and very important to us. Many killie fans love to claim he’s s**te/done/an arsehole but most of this comes because he thought Alessio was a fraud. He was right.

Alan Power - Been rubbish for most of this season but I still think he has something to offer, even if it’s as a squad player. 

Rory McKenzie - I can hold my hands up and admit that I used to hate McKenzie. Until Clarke came in he really offered nothing - he was a winger that couldn’t beat a man and never scored. He still doesn’t score much but he has definitely improved and his versatility is very handy. 

Undecided 

Brandon Haundstrup - I think he has looked alright since he has been given a run in the team. For me, he is much better than Waters but he never seems to stand out in any way. I think there is a player in there somewhere and I have seen much worse than him play for us at left back.

Kirk Broadfoot - He has been our best defender this season but I just wonder if he would manage to last another season or two. Also, Ican’t help but feel he’s been our best defender purely because all the rest of our players have been very poor. I think he is underrated by some in our support - mostly because he fell out with alessio (see dicker) - but I think his best may be past him now. 

Aaron McGowan - An absolutely average - bordering on s**te - full back. The only reason I’m including him on this list is because accies fans seemed to think he was a player. He might want to show it for us at some point. 

Danny Whitehall - Including him in this list purely because he has scored in most of hisgames he’s started. However, it’s clear he is a very poor footballer but if he keeps scoring then he is worth keeping. 

Punt 

Mitch Pinnock - He might be one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. A tall, slow winger who can’t beat a man/cross/pass/shoot. Get rid ASAP. 

Ross Millen - Just not good enough for this level. Has a decent delivery but should never ever be a starting right back for a Premiership team. 

Nicke Kabamba - This was the trickiest one in this list. He is a very poor footballer but can occasionally cause defenders issues. Very similar to my thoughts on Whitehall - Kabamba is just unlucky that he isn’t scoring and Whitehall is, hence their positions on the list. 

Danny Rogers - Rubbish keeper, a bomb scare at crosses and a nightmare when it comes to saving anything more than a slightly routine save. Better than the two morons last season but it wouldn’t be hard.

Colin Doyle - Who?

Calum Waters - Basically Ross Millen but at LB. Not the worst, but not particularly good either.

Clevid Dikamona - Has good flashes but he is very rash and his positional sense is shocking at times. Punt.

Punt Dikamona silly red 

Punt Broadfoot and Dicker old and slow running and not think anything he do?

Punt Cameron not good enough level

Keep Rogers top level and best keeper in this year

Keep Kiltie he full fit and best attack midfielder (no10)

Keep Whitehall good win ball with header, few goals and good hold ball but I know he is slow running than he need fit gym to more speed

Keep Mulumbu is best play midfielder 

Keep Burke is best running forever with good cross

Keep Findlay hope Dyer contract him long contract

Keep Young: Logan Brindley Taylor Deveney, Connell and Warnock  to try chance best future young in spl with Kilmarnock

Punt Doyle (not first start team)

Keep Tishibola best together with Mulumbu for Mulumbu

Keep Dabo because I look good won ball and pass 

Keep Oakley goal machine help team six top

Punt Kabamba because He lots lost ball and miss goals  

Punt Water and Millen because He same level with young not high level 

Punt Pinnock because not good enough 

Keep

Rogers

McGowan

Haunstrup

Waters

Findlay

Broadfoot

Kiltie

Oakley

Mulumbu

McKenzie

Undecided

Burke - I think the legs are starting to show signs of slowing, would get him in Millen Seniors Role.

Tshibola - You can't have both as they don't seem to complement each others play, id rather have Mulumbu.

Dikamona - I do think there's a player in there, but can't afford daft slip ups

Whitehall - I think he is a natural goalscorer, get the ball to him inside the box and  he will score goals

Punt

Kabamba

Millen

Pinnock

Dicker

Millen

Dyer

Doyle

Offer new deals to 

Rogers, Dicker, Findlay  Mulumbu,Tish,Broadfoot,Waters,Kiltie& Burke, Connell.

Debatable- Dabo,Whitehall,Kabamba, Oakley (obv)

Let go- Pinnock, Dikamona, Millen, Rossi, Doyle, Lyle, Cameron, Taylor, Brindley

Think Findlay won’t resign, Waters May fancy going elsewhere. Also Mulumbu is never easy to read. 

Would get Dicker and Burke into coaching roles.

Haunstrup,Mcgowan, Power etc all on longer terms already.

53 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Offer new deals to 

Rogers, Dicker, Findlay  Mulumbu,Tish,Broadfoot,Waters,Kiltie& Burke, Connell.

Debatable- Dabo,Whitehall,Kabamba, Oakley (obv)

Let go- Pinnock, Dikamona, Millen, Rossi, Doyle, Lyle, Cameron, Taylor, Brindley

Think Findlay won’t resign, Waters May fancy going elsewhere. Also Mulumbu is never easy to read. 

Would get Dicker and Burke into coaching roles.

Haunstrup,Mcgowan, Power etc all on longer terms already.

taylor and Brindley should stay new deal with long term