Next manager speculation.

GCM

19 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Thats utterly depressing if true. If McIntyre or Pressley get the job we may as well just chuck in the towel now. Wasn’t 100% convinced about Wright or Robinson but I’d bite your hand off for either of them at the moment if it means avoiding the other names mentioned

McIntyre was decent manager with Dunfermline, QOS and Ross County job

4 minutes ago, TLC said:

The first thing Tommy Wright would do would be to boot that useless charlatan Fowler out the club. 

I was just thinking, what if the board ask the candidates what they think is wrong with the team and they reply that the recruitment has been crap?

Steven Pressley has emerged as a shock candidate for the Kilmarnock manager’s job.

Record Sport understands ex-Falkirk and Coventry boss Elvis is on a shortlist that is believed to also include Stephen Robinson, Tommy Wright and Jim McIntyre for the post made available by Alex Dyer’s sacking.

Killie’s head of football operations James Fowler admitted the club will almost certainly go for a manager with a deep knowledge of the Scottish game in a bid to hit the ground running and avoid a relegation battle.

That quartet fits the bill and Pressley is understood to be right in the running with Fowler.

The ex-Killie stalwart has been caretaker manager since the dismissal of Dyer after last Saturday’s defeat at home to St Johnstone and has been working with the Rugby Park board to identify a successor.

Fowler said: “I had a meeting with the board on Thursday and we identified candidates we’d like to talk to. That process is ongoing at the moment and is underway.

"There has been a lot of interest and we have now whittled it down to the candidates identified. We will speak to them and take it from there.

"We haven’t put a timeframe on it but we are cracking on with it and we’d like it done sooner rather than later. Whether that’s Saturday, Sunday or Monday, I don’t know.

"We need to chat to the candidates, get a feel for them and take that forward. We want to appoint someone as soon as possible but it’ll depend on how it goes.

"In terms of where we are in the league and amount of games left, it would certainly be beneficial if they had the knowledge of the game and our squad.

“It would certainly give an applicant an advantage over someone who didn’t have that knowledge. I think that makes sense, but it doesn’t mean to say that it will be the case.

“It’s not necessarily got to be someone I know or have worked with before.

"It will be someone who maybe has similar ideas to myself and the club.

“That will be why they get the job.”

David McCarthy (Daily Record)

9 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

This really is a toxic thread when you read through it. We could get Guardiola with Klopp as assistant and somebody would be saying they’re a pair of s**tebags etc etc. I hope whoever is interested in the job doesn’t read this pish or take it seriously.

If it’s Pressley/McIntyre then I hope they do. 

17 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

This really is a toxic thread when you read through it. We could get Guardiola with Klopp as assistant and somebody would be saying they’re a pair of s**tebags etc etc. I hope whoever is interested in the job doesn’t read this pish or take it seriously.

You’re not wrong, some amount of pantwetting on here, based on tabloid newspaper stories. Doesn’t matter who is on the list of potential candidates, anyone who applied is on the list of potential candidates ffs, that doesn’t mean they are in the frame to get the job. The guy on the other thread was bang on as well, the board have no chance of pleasing anyone when you see some of the mental comments from fans on the internet. It would seem that no one is going to be good enough for us and we could appoint Mourinho and wee Johnny from New Farm would think he’s a diddy because he’s been sacked by a few clubs. Anyone who thinks we are seriously courting the likes of Presley is just looking for an excuse to go off the deep end because Dyer is no longer here.

43 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Do you actually think somebody that was interested in the job would trawl through a fan's website to find out how they were regarded before applying  ?  There's been some nonsense posted and we all have different opinions, but in the end it is a fan's website and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Wright and Robinson are most people's favourites but beyond that we don't know all the candidates so it's just a guessing game.

“It will be someone who maybe has similar ideas to myself and the club."

This either means Dyer didn't (why was he given the job then?), or he did, and it didn't work. What is that saying about trying the same thing over and over but expecting a different result?

Lot of fans here seem to jump on any criticism of Fowler, but this appointment has to be his last chance.