Next manager speculation.

GCM

Another name shot down in flames soon as mentioned. He would be another one to file in the box marked “maybe  next time”

If he was indeed interviewed after applying then it certainly wasn’t to move from assistant at a Premiership club to assistant with us that’s for sure. 

He would be way too much of a gamble where we are at the moment. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireCocard said:

He isn't an assistant there hes one of the first team coaches I'm sure - good point though

He's historically been Santo's assistant. He took him back as soon as he could even if he had an assistant already. If his title isn't assistant, I'd be surprised if he's not treated as assistant manager.

Elvis was an embarrassment the season Falkirk went down, and I can’t see any evidence of him having proven himself subsequently - I really hope I’m missing something.

Like to think I give anyone who comes to the club a chance and not write anyone off too soon. If we ended up with Elvis that would be very much put to the test. 

1 hour ago, Pieboy said:

I have just been reminded that Steven Pressley was the Falkirk manager when we relegated them at Rugby Park in 2010. That in itself should disqualify him from being considered. 

And the comments he was making before that game showed what he is. Self important, arrogant prick. 

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He did well enough for Coventry to come in and take him.

He was maybe onto a hiding to nothing in his first half season but can still argue he left Falkirk worse off and they’ve never got back. I was shocked Coventry took him at the time, he seems in fairness not to have been terrible there but no chance that’s enough to persuade me he would be a good idea for us now. 

Although a completely separate point, there would be meltdown among our fans and probably rightly so if a manager got us relegated and was then quoted as saying this:

“Without doubt people have over-reacted. I never actually criticised anybody. I made the statement and have a little bit of egg on my face - big deal.”

"I'm big enough and strong enough. I can take a little slap around the ears. I don't have any regrets.”

I think we need to not get too wound up about someone getting an interview. We complained last time there wasn’t a thorough recruitment process. This time it would appear they are trying to do things properly. However, there will be some candidates that stand out a lot more than others. I’ve interviewed plenty of folk I knew probably weren’t going to be right for the job but gone through the due diligence anyway. I suspect that’s all that is happening here. I think we’ll get the right man.