Next manager speculation.

GCM

9 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Bankrolled at Cove. Dane for the person that mentioned Barry Ferguson. Bankrolled at a Kelty but still couldn’t beat the ‘Bot!!!

Not every bankrolled manager is a success. Hartley hasn’t only been at cove. Built a team at Alloa took them up twice and nobody has had Dundee higher up the league since he was sacked. He’s obviously got something.   
Anyway, it’s not going to make a difference as we are only going to take someone who is currently out of work and won’t cost us a penny in compensation. 

Edited by historyman

5 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

10 managers in 11 years is a sad indictment of the club. I know that it’s a precarious job but that turnover is ridiculous. 

Yep, couldn’t agree more. Poor track record of  recruitment over a long period now sadly. 

I hope I’m wrong and that Wright, if he’s the chosen one, turns out to be capable of breaking that cycle of pretty consistent mediocrity. 

21 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

10 managers in 11 years is a sad indictment of the club. I know that it’s a precarious job but that turnover is ridiculous. 

Recruitment is poor and the board(in various guises) have been too easily influenced by the playing staff IMO. Locke, McCulloch and Dyer were all appointed off the back of their popularity within the club nothing to do with their managerial credentials. Of the 10 how many did we go through a proper recruitment process? The job has been given out too easily without enough thought. 

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Tommy Wright now 1/6 on sky bet 

Not that often wrong the bookies. Honestly think he is the least riskiest appointment we could make and the guy most likely to keep us up. Take all the points about people saying if he was still at Saints we wouldn’t even be considering him. Under less pressure than we are we still might not be considering him. The only way Killie can punch above our weight and be relatively successful is by being more organised and disciplined than our so-called superiors. Our collective must be massively greater than the sum of the parts. I can’t see how we can plan particularly long term; if anyone is successful they will move on unless it’s someone at the tail end of their career. That’s where the DoF / Head ofFootball comes in as that’s the position that is supposed to provide long term stability. Does it work in this country?

41 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

If a manager is successful then 3 year's will be all we will get.

If he is successful with us he will be long gone before 3 years. Any manager that can polish a turd (jobby) then you will soon be snapped up. If Wright, he will soon be on the radar of Northern Ireland but happy to take the risk. 

16 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

If it is Wright I would trust him to build a team to get us up if we are relegated. None of the other names would

I'd imagine any decent manager would have a get-out clause if we went down and looking at the sheer state of what they're inheriting I'd be surprised if anyone is confident about keeping us up.

People had a cheek saying Dyer had to sort out the mess that Alessio had left, this here is a real proper mess thats needing to be sorted out!

42 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

fowler saying hopeful of getting new man in for Monday’s training. 

He will come in and watch them 'Ard at it. I miss Alex and his after match comments. Maybe they are working so hard at training they don't use balls or pass to each other. That would explain everything!

Just now, kfc_superteam said:

What became clearly obvious is how poorly coached we are. St Mirren knew what their roles were

Every team we have played have fitter, sharper more "up for it" players that we have. I have to admit we have the best player who runs about a lot, points a lot and doesn't do very much else. I will leave that open for who it is.