Brandon Pierrick

Pride_of_ayrshire

1 hour ago, Iainwhitton said:

In 97 we were pretty much saved by the youth and inexperience of burke and bagen. Yes they came fro. The youths but until williamson stepped up they never got a look in. The enthusiasm and pace of those two really changed the dynamic of the team. Looking forward to giving youth a chance again.

That 2-0 game against Celtic was a cracking night, Enrico Annoni didn't know what was happening, got his arse handed to him. 

Hoping for a similar result tonight!

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

54 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

In our more recent relegation battles young players have often been key players - Burke, Bagan, Kiltie, Taylor, Bell, even Chris McGuire on loan was a key player for us in the Calderwood relegation battle.

Liam Kelly was the big player to be introduced by Jimmy Calderwood.

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Any idea if this guy is still here? If he's still at the club and he's not injured, very odd he isn't even getting a space on the bench v Montrose.

TW mentioned his name in the pre game press interviews as said had nearly fully fit squad so much so that players like Kabamba and Pierrick had to be left out of the match day squad

Edited by Scouser2

Plenty of English Academy players have came up here with far bigger reputations than Pierrick.Sevco had 2 from Liverpool last season who did nothing up here and one was back early doors .Septic had a so called future superstar up from Chelsea who I think played against us and was never to be seen again.Using Scottish teams as a testing ground to see if they are up to the physical challenge of playing the men’s game.

22 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Plenty of English Academy players have came up here with far bigger reputations than Pierrick.Sevco had 2 from Liverpool last season who did nothing up here and one was back early doors .Septic had a so called future superstar up from Chelsea who I think played against us and was never to be seen again.Using Scottish teams as a testing ground to see if they are up to the physical challenge of playing the men’s game.

A lot of these boys who are classed as failing up here have gone on to have decent runs at other clubs arguably at a higher level than the SPFL. 

39 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Many EPL clubs have young former academy players loaned out to many leagues in different countries , at all levels ........though highest percentage of them will be in Lower league clubs in England , in the hope it helps both in their development and to gain interest in future possible sales 

Then again lot of Scottish top flight clubs like us, also loan out young players to other lower leagues .......in the hope it helps in their development 

On 2/2/2021 at 7:31 PM, Iainwhitton said:

In 97 we were pretty much saved by the youth and inexperience of burke and bagen. Yes they came fro. The youths but until williamson stepped up they never got a look in. The enthusiasm and pace of those two really changed the dynamic of the team. Looking forward to giving youth a chance again.

It's interesting, as neither of them were actually all that good. Bagan only started around 20 games for Killie. 

They did a terrific job for us in the second half of that season though. 

30 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I remember we were all buzzing when we signed Ndjoli because he scored so many goals in English under 23s or whatever league it was.

Now the rev was never the worst player... but certainly not the big thing Bournemouth had him made out to be

I don’t recognise any of this at all!

Buzzing when we signed him? Bournemouth bigging him up?

I think he was a bit of an unknown quantity. A nineteen year-old with no first team experience. 

He had scored a few goals for Bournemouth under-23s but not at any great level.

Although Bournemouth were in the Premiership, they didn’t didn’t play in the FA Premiership Under-23 set-up so their reserve team played in the Central League along with the likes of Cheltenham Town and Forest Green Rovers reserves.

He’s played nine minutes for Barrow this season. 

41 minutes ago, skygod said:

I don’t recognise any of this at all!

Buzzing when we signed him? Bournemouth bigging him up?

I think he was a bit of an unknown quantity. A nineteen year-old with no first team experience. 

He had scored a few goals for Bournemouth under-23s but not at any great level.

Although Bournemouth were in the Premiership, they didn’t didn’t play in the FA Premiership Under-23 set-up so their reserve team played in the Central League along with the likes of Cheltenham Town and Forest Green Rovers reserves.

He’s played nine minutes for Barrow this season. 

Apologies, it was the under 21 side. 

He scored 30 goals that season in under 21s. Now at any professional level 30 goals is a decent return.

I remember a sense of weve got a young superstar here. Might be mistaken but generally I thought we might end up with a bit of a gem

7 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Apologies, it was the under 21 side. 

He scored 30 goals that season in under 21s. Now at any professional level 30 goals is a decent return.

I remember a sense of weve got a young superstar here. Might be mistaken but generally I thought we might end up with a bit of a gem

Yes, but not against fellow league team U21s. I seem to remember he had scored goals against Blandford Forum and similar who are so far down the pyramid, they are underground!

23 hours ago, skygod said:

Alex Burke was a very good player who should have had a much better career than he did.

He just didn’t have the dedication to be a top pro. 

I think you’ll find some other reasons if you do your research 

After regaining his confidence he played a decent number of games for a variety of clubs.

without doubt you are wrong on the “dedication “

13 hours ago, Al#1 said:

I think you’ll find some other reasons if you do your research 

After regaining his confidence he played a decent number of games for a variety of clubs.

without doubt you are wrong on the “dedication “

At the time I felt his dramatic loss of form was a confidence thing. He looked a potential world beater so quickly and the inevitable dip in form became a slump.

Have to remember Alex was only a young lad and wingers, arguably more than any other position, are dependent on team mates and patterns of play to help make an impact.

16 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

At the time I felt his dramatic loss of form was a confidence thing. He looked a potential world beater so quickly and the inevitable dip in form became a slump.

Have to remember Alex was only a young lad and wingers, arguably more than any other position, are dependent on team mates and patterns of play to help make an impact.

He always seemed a bit two dimensional to me. Very fast but not much else to his game.