Striker

Neilly

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

We have probably the worst strikers in the league right now I love kiltie  and he is first name on the team sheet but he is not an out and out striker Whitehall should have been freed in January kabamba keeps falling over his feet Oakley was a panic hopefully tommy wright can find someone till the end of the season because its all right having lots of possession but if you can't score you can't win football matches and we need to start sooner rather than later 

Correction. We have no Strikers. 

1 hour ago, Galdunc11 said:

Did Brophy not leave to significantly increase his salary to a reported £3k a week?  He was never prolific and I doubt many were sad to see him go, disappointed as he joined a rival, but in itself not catastrophic.

As you say, issue is the calibre of the alternatives. Kabamba started well for us but whether of limited talent or if he’s had his confidence knocked he needs to buck up his ideas. Whitehall was a gamble from the National League as well and its clear he’s struggled to step up. Oakley was spoken about positively from his Accies days on here but has shown nothing so far. All too similar in many ways and none of them good.

TW will know from tonight if not before their failings but also hopefully their strengths and amend his tactics accordingly but any team that struggles to score will alway be in trouble and that’s the worry. Unless there is a rabbit ready to be pulled out of a hat then we go with what we have, scary prospect! I still think we have enough to stay above the bottom two but Wright is going to have to use all his nouse to achieve it. 

£3k a week. More like a month. And he'd be lucky at that.

43 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Whatsapp dump of the convo. Removed a few names and not massively relevant but I'm sure some may find it interesting. Salesman/ Agent in full flow. 

[19:23, 10/01/2020] Agent: Well we have ******** *** who is the center back for ****** in the conference. He has smashed it this season and has had English clubs sniffing around
[19:23, 10/01/2020] Agent: Young lad as well
[19:23, 10/01/2020] Agent: Let me send you his profile
[19:23, 10/01/2020] Agent: I have full control of him
[19:24, 10/01/2020] Agent: If you're happy to go to conference then this is your man I promise haha
[19:24, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: Think I've seen him earlier in the season. Will have a look at my notes ?
[19:26, 10/01/2020] Agent: Nice one mate. He honestly is one for the future. If you can get it sorted then even in the future he will make you money if you decided to sell him
[19:26, 10/01/2020] Agent: Let me know what your notes are saying, it would be nice to hear
[19:27, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: Nice size for a central defender,played on the right of "3" centre backs. Decent in the air and the tackle,looked comfortable in possession and kept his defensive position well. Was dangerous at set pieces and scored with a header from a right wing corner for (Loan club) second goal. Still young for a central defender and maybe worth another look.
[19:27, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: that's from last season
[19:29, 10/01/2020] Agent: What can you afford fee wise? Just compensation?
[19:27, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: *****************
[19:34, 10/01/2020] Agent: I can get you ********* ************** for ????k. Is that too much?
[19:36, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: *****************
[19:43, 10/01/2020] Agent: That's perfect well just keep tabs with me on him throughout the season coming to the summer
[19:43, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: ?
[19:43, 10/01/2020] Agent: I have wilfred Bony but his weekly wage will make you faint ?
[19:44, 10/01/2020] Agent: He is a free agent but he wants 60k per week
[19:44, 10/01/2020] Agent: Rejected 40k at sheffield Wednesday last 2 weeks ago which blew my mind

[19:46, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: Well the last 30 y/o African who came to Kilmarnock did quite well out of it. Got a move to Celtic. Youssouf Mulumbu. If bony wants a move to Celtic/ Rangers then Killie are team to come to. They've taken 4 from us in the past 12 months ?
[19:47, 10/01/2020] Agent: What can you pay him a week? ?
[19:48, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: We can pay him in adoration and stepping stones to the champions league ?. otherwise known as ********
[19:49, 10/01/2020] Agent: It's such a shame as I reckon he would love the scottish league. I think that ******** **** would do bits for you guys. I'm just waiting to hear how his contract talks go this week
[19:51, 10/01/2020] Dumpweed: He's a player who could interest us. Let me know how his talks go ?
[18:13, 11/01/2020] Agent: What are your thoughts on ****** ******* from ********
[18:13, 11/01/2020] Agent: Played today
[18:15, 11/01/2020] Agent: Lots of league experience
[19:37, 11/01/2020] Dumpweed: ******not up to standard required. ****** name is interesting a few though. Will keep you in the loop regarding that ?
[19:45, 11/01/2020] Agent: Perfect mate. Thank you 

I actually did find that quite interesting so cheers for that! 

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

We let Brophy storm off in a hissy fit and have not filled the vaccum. Brophy was not that stellar but the guys we have brought in are pub team materiel by comparison.

We kept lobbing high balls into a penalty area filled wwith a solid team of big defenders toningt with nobody challenging them for the ball. Kebabma is never going to bully anybody in the air. And to make things worse we kept on doing it, and doing it, and guess what happened   ..... nothing.

It's criminal that we let a failing manager on the verge of losing his job let a Scotland international striker leave for free to a rival club. 

It's slightly embarrassing that some Killie fans (when wanting to argue a case for Brophy) describe him as a Scotland International striker.  I think we all know why he got picked (SC) but let's be honest, he did absolutely nothing in 73 min against Cyprus and was never picked again.  Yes our strikers are woeful at the minute but remember if they are that bad, Brophy couldn't get a game in front of them so kinda shows him in his true light plus he's hardly set the St Mirren team alive with his goals so far!

10 hours ago, Neilly said:

We have probably the worst strikers in the league right now I love kiltie  and he is first name on the team sheet but he is not an out and out striker Whitehall should have been freed in January kabamba keeps falling over his feet Oakley was a panic hopefully tommy wright can find someone till the end of the season because its all right having lots of possession but if you can't score you can't win football matches and we need to start sooner rather than later 

EA23ACD5-27F7-49E4-A880-1447134E50BB.gif

20 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Didn't make the subs bench last night.

Jim Goodwin was interviewed on the BBC prior to their game last night and said Brophy is receiving treatment on a persistent foot injury. Stated it actually dated back to his time with us before the December move. It may explain his absence in his final few weeks for us. If Brophy had downed tools then we do not miss an uninterested and injured player, regardless of how capable (or not) we believe our current strikers to be. We absolutely miss the player he has the potential to be but I'm not convinced he would offer us much more than we have right now.

We have signed 5 strikers since Clarke left plus a few on trial.None have done anything of note.Kabamba is the only one who has contributed to any extent and that seems a distant past away.Signing non league strikers and former Hamilton players who can’t get a game in the 2nd tier of Bulgarian football isn’t a good sign.If you want a decent striker we will have to pay the going rate 

3 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

It's slightly embarrassing that some Killie fans (when wanting to argue a case for Brophy) describe him as a Scotland International striker.  I think we all know why he got picked (SC) but let's be honest, he did absolutely nothing in 73 min against Cyprus and was never picked again.  Yes our strikers are woeful at the minute but remember if they are that bad, Brophy couldn't get a game in front of them so kinda shows him in his true light plus he's hardly set the St Mirren team alive with his goals so far!

Spot on. 

Brophy is a permanent sicknote of a player. When he is actually fit he offers virtually nothing from open play. 

A penalty merchant. 

55 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

We have signed 5 strikers since Clarke left plus a few on trial.None have done anything of note.Kabamba is the only one who has contributed to any extent and that seems a distant past away.Signing non league strikers and former Hamilton players who can’t get a game in the 2nd tier of Bulgarian football isn’t a good sign.If you want a decent striker we will have to pay the going rate 

To be fair to them though, how many of them have been given a proper run in the team in a settled 11 under a decent coach?

We completely wrote off our ability to score goals before SC came in and then when we built up our confidence it started to change. I’m not saying Oakley, Whitehall etc are great players but I think it is more of a confidence issue with the full team just now. Players like Sow, Jackson, Oakley etc - for all they get slated - were never really given that many opportunities to show what they could do. 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

Until last night they have been pretty much starved of service,  especially Oakley.

Kabamba is terrible.  Positional awareness of zero for a striker. 

A poster called it in August and got slaughtered for it.

What compounds everything is we have an entire midfield squad that can’t or won’t shoot when they get the chance. Imagine playing and training full time for your entire career and being unable to perform a basic skill required of a footballer. No wonder we are struggling with no goal threat from either our strikers or our midfield. Add to that, our defenders rarely pose a threat at corners. It’s really basic. 

14 hours ago, Neilly said:

and breathe...

55 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Until last night they have been pretty much starved of service,  especially Oakley.

Kabamba is terrible.  Positional awareness of zero for a striker. 

A poster called it in August and got slaughtered for it.

Oakley is another one who can’t believe his luck He wasn’t a regular starter for a Hamilton team who only escaped relegation because the league was called early.Away to some Eastern European 2nd tier never to claim a regular place.Hardly the type of player likely to get goals in the SPL.Hurlford or Darvel would have been a more likely place for him.

19 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Oakley is another one who can’t believe his luck He wasn’t a regular starter for a Hamilton team who only escaped relegation because the league was called early.Away to some Eastern European 2nd tier never to claim a regular place.Hardly the type of player likely to get goals in the SPL.Hurlford or Darvel would have been a more likely place for him.

To be fair he did say 'It's a privilege to play for Killie!'

To be even more fair he's had little or no chance yet in a struggling team.

I suspect (hunch more than anything) that in the right set up he could contribute more than the other two.

Back to being unfair that really isn't saying much! Whitehall is far too slow and Kabamba's balance, ball control and positional awareness are virtually non existent.

I've given up on him.