Rangers Away Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

You can't help but wonder where we might be if we'd gotten rid of him around the same period as Motherwell and Ross Country got rid of their managers, before that run of very winnable games.

I think the answer to that is obvious. Having a proper manager in place would have brought us more points. 

Having TW from November when he became available, and giving him the benefit of the transfer window, would have transformed our season.

I honestly think the board would still be waiting for AD to turn things around if 90%+ hadn't voted in polls for a change.

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

McKenzie get booked for being a fud again? Needless yellow card. Why does he do it? Any of his fan club like to answer?

I don’t think that incident is one of the main things to focus on in any analysis of the game. He got frustrated and got booked. Big deal. There are literally dozens of other aspects of the game that are more important to reflect on and debate. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Having TW from November when he became available, and giving him the benefit of the transfer window, would have transformed our season.

I honestly think the board would be still be waiting for AD to turn things around if 90%+ hadn't voted in polls for a change.

Probably. Their inaction was inexplicable and could potentially make the difference of where we are playing next season. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Their inaction was inexplicable and could potentially make the difference of where we are playing next season. 

Their inaction and penny pinching has also cost them more in the long run, the cost of changing manager and probably paying a higher price for Lafferty, than they were ever hoping for. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

I think the answer to that is obvious. Having a proper manager in place would have brought us more points. 

We need to move on regarding AD but the huge mistake was not getting TW in place as soon as he was free to work again. From memory his severance deal on leaving St Johnstone included that he couldn’t manage in Scotland until, was it October/ November?

Apart from the Board most of us just couldn’t see improvement and they should have been bold and decisive and had him in place as soon as available and certainly for the transfer window opening. 

Anyway, we are where we are and Wright sounds like a proper manager but he needs to find ways to get us scoring or it’s going down to the wire.

Positive is we only lost 1-0. We toiled for much of the game. We can't cope when teams press and hunt us. St Mirren ,Rangers today and Livi spring to mind. Never looked like scoring and hardly strung two passes together.

Hamilton result was a sickener but losing 7 games in a row ,scoring 2 goals in that process we can't have any excuses if we don't do our jobs.

Only upside is that Tommy now has a full week to work with the players. We will now be the favourite to go down but I do believe Tommy knows what he is doing. The trick will be can be turn things around in the period we've got left.

10 minutes ago, GCM said:

Their inaction and penny pinching has also cost them more in the long run, the cost of changing manager and probably paying a higher price for Lafferty, than they were ever hoping for. 

I think it was definitely false economy. I dont think we would have signed both Oakley and Lafferty and there’s no doubt our perilous position would have given TW and his agent a real advantage when negotiating his contract. 
If it had have been done in Nov or Dec it would have been better - giving him more games and a transfer window and probably costing the club less. 

We did ok today, restricted rangers to  few chances and their goal was a worldie,  jack won’t score better his whole career. 

I felt Whitehall should’ve had a pen, contact starts outside the box but continues in for me. Either way it’s a free kick minimum. No surprise They get away with it tho. 

we look more solid overall but still creating little. Rangers stepped their game up second half and we struggled to cope at times. 

27 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

I’m not in his fan club but your delight and persistence in haranguing his every mistake became predictable and boring a long time ago. Would you have posted if a teammate had done the same?  

We know you don’t care for him as you bang on about it at every opportunity so why not give the pathetic bullying a rest and give us all a bit of peace.

Well done for proving my point. Had it been another player it would have been spoken about much more. 3 times this season he’s done it, for what gain? Someone just explain to me what he’s playing at? 

46 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t think that incident is one of the main things to focus on in any analysis of the game. He got frustrated and got booked. Big deal. There are literally dozens of other aspects of the game that are more important to reflect on and debate. 

I didn’t watch it. So I can’t comment on other aspects. I’m commenting on a thing one of my hun pals text me. I’m just asking why he does it? Surely it’s a fair enough question? Does he have an issue? What if he has to serve a suspension because of all these needless yellow cards? 

6 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Well done for proving my point. Had it been another player it would have been spoken about much more. 3 times this season he’s done it, for what gain? Someone just explain to me what he’s playing at? 

? I haven’t proved your point. I said if it had been anybody but Rory YOU wouldn’t have mentioned it. Bore off! 

5 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I didn’t watch it. So I can’t comment on other aspects. I’m commenting on a thing one of my hun pals text me. I’m just asking why he does it? Surely it’s a fair enough question? Does he have an issue? What if he has to serve a suspension because of all these needless yellow cards? 

Okay, so you didn't watch the match , and one of your rangers supporting pals text you to tell you Rory Mckenzie got booked. It's hardly a massive talking point of any match. Don't think I've ever text anyone to make them aware of a booking

I'm thinking you text yer mate to let you know if Mckenzie does anything text me immediately, so I can slaughter him (again) on the killie forum. 

Very odd

1 minute ago, seedsy said:

Okay, so you didn't watch the match , and one of your rangers supporting pals text you to tell you Rory Mckenzie got booked. It's hardly a massive talking point of any match. Don't think I've ever text anyone to make them aware of a booking

I'm thinking you text yer mate to let you know if Mckenzie does anything text me immediately, so I can slaughter him (again) on the killie forum. 

Very odd

Didn’t ask him anything about mckenzie he pointed it out because it was strange. That’s the third time he’s done it this season. So I’m asking why he does it and the kickback snowflakes are too busy pointing the finger at me rather than answer my question? 

very odd.

4 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

? I haven’t proved your point. I said if it had been anybody but Rory YOU wouldn’t have mentioned it. Bore off! 

My point is it’s the third time, that’s WHY I’m mentioning it and that’s what my point is? ?? why’s this so difficult. 
Plenty quick to moan at powers needless bookings. We are in a relegation battle and our left winger is getting booked for a silly thing like that? Surely an issue.

8 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

To answer your question, no I don’t think he has an issue but you do.
If you think that’s the most important issue in the game to be discussed and debated from the game today then something is wrong.

We’ve lost 12 out of 15, haven’t scored in 6 and could be bottom of the league come Wednesday but you want to discuss a player getting booked for blocking a throw in. I suspect if it had been any another player you wouldn’t have mentioned it. 

Thought we did ok. Same old story we lacked a real threat in attack.

Although we've not had a clean sheet under Wright we’ve looked more solid defensively IMO. The two full backs look more comfortable at this level now. Medley finding his feet as well.

Thats most of the players middle to front had minutes under Wright now. Hopefully with a full week of training he can come up with a system to get the best out of them and a solid starting 11. 

6 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

My point is it’s the third time, that’s WHY I’m mentioning it and that’s what my point is? ?? why’s this so difficult. 
Plenty quick to moan at powers needless bookings. We are in a relegation battle and our left winger is getting booked for a silly thing like that? Surely an issue.

He obviously does it just to piss you off and start tapping your disgust at anything he does to inform all of us of something quite trivial and unimportant in the grand scheme of things more  worry about I'm afraid old fruit!

With the one chance we may have had with a free kick, the ref sold us a dummy.

They hunted in packs as they do and never gave any of our midfield a minute on the ball, therefore no quality going forward.

Kabamba exposed on his own but as someone else has pointed out, he is never in the right position to receive a ball, even if you are working off scraps you have to get in front of the defender. He is lacking in basics and confidence. 

I’m not trying to defend the board, probably it should have been October or November to get a new manager in, but when the racial stuff came up they thought they would get hammered if they sacked AD then.

We still have to look out for ourselves, it is in our hands to get out of this position, we can only blame ourselves if we don’t.

4 minutes ago, Bbk said:

He obviously does it just to piss you off and start tapping your disgust at anything he does to inform all of us of something quite trivial and unimportant in the grand scheme of things more  worry about I'm afraid old fruit!

Just hope he appreciates my valentines card the mora to be honest.