Sheep Match Fred

CB

4 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

I feel so sorry for Tommy Wright. He is clearly a very decent manager who knows what he's doing. 

Fair enough up to a point. But TW put out a team with a bombscare defender in place of a young lad who has played very well for us since he came into the team. He also picked Kabamba (or called Kabambi according to that drooling fud Miller) and Pinnock. He's had a good few weeks to work out how sh!tey these duds are, so why play them? TW is a quick learner, I'm sure, but many of us were really surprised by that starting selection today and did fear the worst. 

3 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

To be fair he doesn't sugar coat it and tells it like it is

His BBC interview was a good listen as well. He’s taking positives out of things but he’s not happy at the mistakes we are making and is putting that point very clearly to the players. Sounds like they are hearing a few truths they haven’t for the best part of two seasons. 

54 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

We need a better beginning, team selection for today was baffling.

As soon as I saw that team like most others thought Wtf. The only reason I could think was that TW was playing the more experienced players in their favoured positions to nullify Aberdeen’s normal robust style and then early second half change and bring on kiltie, lafferty etc to turn a poor low on confidence Aberdeen and hope it would come good.

Unfortunately for him Dikamona stood watching to give hendry a free header under no pressure for the only goal. Felt Doyle could have commanded the area better. Another mistake has cost us must be in double figures for errors this year.

1 hour ago, muza1962 said:

We need a better beginning, team selection for today was baffling.

I’d have liked the KTV interviewer to have asked in a bit more detail about his thinking behind the starting 11. 

Medley was superb when he came on. I can only think he went for the experience of Dikamona but the guy is an accident waiting to happen and his position at the goal was shocking. 

Why not start with Lafferty then bring him off if he was tiring rather than put him on when we were chasing the game.

Kiltie is our creativity but again, only came on too late. Was he not fully fit or was it tactical? 

TW is indeed an honest and upfront bloke and I’m sure he would have explained his reasoning for the starting line up rather than leaving us to guess.

Aberdeen were poor and even RedTv were struggling to find positives apart from the goal. Had we gone for them in the first half the way we did in the second we might have got the point TW felt we deserved.

19 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

It's almost as if Wright has used the gers and dons games to suss out the players ahead of all the cup finals that remain.

The real job starts now!

Used 20 players in three games. No one can complain they haven’t had a chance so far. Hopefully he’s seen enough now to come up with a system and starting eleven

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

To be fair he doesn't sugar coat it and tells it like it is

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy? When, oh when will you acknowledge the fact that we never, ever, ever even suggested we might look like we could score? Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes, aye, we all make them. But they scored and it was game over. To win games you have to score goals, to score goals you have to create chances, we created absolf**kingutely eff f**king all in 90 minutes. What part of this is so f**king hard to understand? Aberdeen were absolute s**te for 90 minutes and we never troubled them.

OK, rant over. I understand he has been landed with a shower of donkeys and there is very little he can do and there is nothing to be gained from ripping into them but it is really, really f**king painful to watch. 

The good thing is he openly acknowledged that shelling balls into the box from half way into the opposition half is completely pointless and clearly something he’ll be working on. We never get in behind before crossing and it obviously drove him as crazy as it does us when he lost it with Pinnock for failing to take his man on. 

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy? When, oh when will you acknowledge the fact that we never, ever, ever even suggested we might look like we could score? Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes, aye, we all make them. But they scored and it was game over. To win games you have to score goals, to score goals you have to create chances, we created absolf**kingutely eff f**king all in 90 minutes. What part of this is so f**king hard to understand? Aberdeen were absolute s**te for 90 minutes and we never troubled them.

OK, rant over. I understand he has been landed with a shower of donkeys and there is very little he can do and there is nothing to be gained from ripping into them but it is really, really f**king painful to watch. 

Kabamba wasted 2 MASSIVE chances. Yes I agree, we still weren't good enough. But there was a couple of decent chances 

8 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I think TW will need more than 2 weeks and a few training sessions to unpick the mess he's inherited in fairness 

43 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Kabamba wasted 2 MASSIVE chances. Yes I agree, we still weren't good enough. But there was a couple of decent chances 

Dickers chance at 0-0 was a lot better than I thought at the time. Yet again we lacked composure at key moments. Kabamba when 1vs1 didn’t have a clue what he was doing. Very much just make contact and hope for the best

10 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Fair enough up to a point. But TW put out a team with a bombscare defender in place of a young lad who has played very well for us since he came into the team. He also picked Kabamba (or called Kabambi according to that drooling fud Miller) and Pinnock. He's had a good few weeks to work out how sh!tey these duds are, so why play them? TW is a quick learner, I'm sure, but many of us were really surprised by that starting selection today and did fear the worst. 

Your saying your a better team selector than TW? How many Scottish cups have you won? 

There will be a reason why he has played the team he did. I’d much rather trust TW than AD. 

Edited by DuncD

54 minutes ago, piffer said:

Dickers chance at 0-0 was a lot better than I thought at the time. Yet again we lacked composure at key moments. Kabamba when 1vs1 didn’t have a clue what he was doing. Very much just make contact and hope for the best

It was like Kabamba didn't even sprint to get there. Didn't look interested. 

I'd honestly hunt him based on today. Whitehall is pish too but at least you can see he makes an effort. Kabamba started his killie career great and we thought we'd found a gem.

How wrong we were

Keep the faith boys.  Sure we need the points, however we have been beaten 1-0 in the last 3 games, no 3-0 defeats like Motherwell at home.  As TW said being more clinical or composed up front yesterday would have given us at least a draw.

1 goal defeats away to Aberdeen and Gers would have been looked as OK results in most seasons in the past.  TW has changes our shape and we are getting more players up into the box,  the results will come.

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

It was like Kabamba didn't even sprint to get there. Didn't look interested. 

I'd honestly hunt him based on today. Whitehall is pish too but at least you can see he makes an effort. Kabamba started his killie career great and we thought we'd found a gem.

How wrong we were

I’ve never been Kabamba's biggest fan and don’t think he’ll be here next season. Dyer sticking by him for so long has done a lot of damage IMO. The guy is shot of confidence and in that zone where he can do nothing right. The more he plays the more chance he’s got of recovering but at the same time the longer his goal drought and our winless run goes the more his confidence will take a hit.

The defending for the goal was amateurish again. Dicker and Dikamona both let the players they were marking go free. If Hendry hadn’t scored Taylor would have as both had got free from Dicker and Dikamona. Dikamona is carrying the can for the goal but Ducker was equally to blame. They let their men get free and both ended up letting the players they were marking get goal side. It’s schoolboy stuff.

Kabamba squares the ball to Pinnock. It wasn’t a shot as he didn’t kill up to goal. Even if he had passed it earlier it would have been a difficult chance for Pinnock to convert as the Aberdeen players weee closing. By the time Kabamba passed the Aberdeen defenders had closed the gap further. 

Two questions.

Why does Broadfoot feel the need to push the Aberdeen player for the free kick, No threat from the throw in, but a bigger threat from the freekick. Stupid.

Why can't Dicker mark his man for the header, Guy simply moved and Dicker let him and then does his usual chucking of the arms in the air......rubbish

11 hours ago, Mister Y said:

It's almost as if Wright has used the gers and dons games to suss out the players ahead of all the cup finals that remain.

The real job starts now!

Said that when he was appointed and imo he did the right thing. Only two training sessions before the Motherwell game, quickly followed by the runaway league leaders and our bogey team meant that was going to be hard opening spell.

8 cup finals coming up and time for Tommy to earn his wedge.

37 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Two questions.

Why does Broadfoot feel the need to push the Aberdeen player for the free kick, No threat from the throw in, but a bigger threat from the freekick. Stupid.

Why can't Dicker mark his man for the header, Guy simply moved and Dicker let him and then does his usual chucking of the arms in the air......rubbish

As much as I absolutely can't stand Dicker. Was it not Dikamona that lost his man?