Talking Killie with Lee Clark

Souleycouley93

19 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Players were unhappy with timings of salaries etc and i left in the October.

It's funny how often managers distort the circumstances of their leaving a club - he was sacked after just eight months with Bury second bottom!

Good interview. Although he was a bulls**tter, he was a positive character who did alright for us. Remember his cryochamber?

Edited by skygod

1 minute ago, skygod said:

It's funny how often managers distort the circumstances of their leaving a club - he was sacked after just eight months with Bury second bottom!

Good interview. Although he was a bulls**tter, he was a positive character who did alright for us. Remember his cryochamber?

Funny guy kept us up and wanted to try his arm back down south. Doubt we will see him again back here but speaks positively about club. Always very knowledgeable about things going on.

Good luck to him

Never had a problem with Clark. Inherited a mess from Locke and did his job in keeping us up and then improved us the following season.

He seems to take flak for his transfer record, but as that interview discusses he did bring in some real quality as well. 

I have always thought that some of the pundits on here gave LC a bit of a raw deal. He never let this get to him and from this interview he has retained a true feeling for Killie. He gained some money for the club, and when you consider the three quality loan players he brought, Ajer ,Longstaff & Woodman, he certainly wasn't selling them "snake oil " he was selling them Killie.

LC yes you would get a piece at my door any day.

I liked Lee Clark. He was a captivating character. There was never a dull moment with him in charge. His throw in rant at meet the manager, signing a team in a day, putting the players in the freezer.

I think he had a lot of good ideas but a very scattergun approach. E made mistakes as everyone does but he was pretty quick to realise them and tried his best to remedy. Signed some crackers who will be remembered fondly but some shockers who served up some of the worst individual performances in recent memory.