Dundee Utd Match Fred

C4mmy31

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

I can't believe he's not playing McGowan after his 2nd half performance last week

It's surreal - unless he's injured McGowan (while hardly Cafu) is just objectively a bit better at every aspect than Millen.  Is it possible it's going to be some weird lop-sided 3 at the back with Millen as the third centre half?

6 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

Pinnock and Millen are probably our two players most likely to cross the ball (not saying anything about the quality of the crosses), if Wright said he wants players to hit the line and cross the ball then makes sense to have them playing.

Understand this but they don’t hit the line - they (Millen in particular) crosses it from far, far too deep. 

Just now, Loudoun Killie said:

Cannot believe McGowan and Mulumbu in particular aren’t in the start sheet for today, baffling.....and if they’re injured I’d rather see Rossi and Burke TBH.....jeeez....

It's hard to believe anyone would pick either Dicker or Power over Mulumbu for literally any role anywhere in the midfield.

2 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

Another truly baffling starting line-up it has to be said.

I wouldn’t go that far. If you’re playing a 4-4-2 then I can see the logic behind this team. Possible debates around whether Burke should be in instead of McKenzie and Mulumbu for one of the midfield two. I’d probably pick McGowan ahead of Millen too. However, it is a balanced team and doesn’t have players shoehorned into positions that don’t suit them which has happened all too often this season. 

5 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Mulumbu worked best as part of a three that had men willing to do the hard yards to retrieve the ball. Mulumbu I don't think can work in a two for 90 minutes. He can come on and make a difference later on against tired legs if we need it. 

Mulumbu is second in our team for distance covered per 90 after McKenzie, so no idea where you get that idea from.

10 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

Pinnock and Millen are probably our two players most likely to cross the ball (not saying anything about the quality of the crosses), if Wright said he wants players to hit the line and cross the ball then makes sense to have them playing.

Wright bemoaned the quality of the crosses last week so he retains Millen and Pinnock just to see if they can be quite as bad again?

The old guard of Dicker and Power could get overrun here if they're not on it.

At least Kabamba doesn't start.

Not filled with optimism by that line-up.

17 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

Chris Burke has second most crosses in the league. Behind Tavernier.

Also top scorer and assists 

7 minutes ago, BobbyJoe_Kfc said:

Understand this but they don’t hit the line - they (Millen in particular) crosses it from far, far too deep. 

Last week you could hear TW screaming at Pinnock to take on his man rather than holding and looking for an early cross, hopefully it's been drilled into them at training this week. He has proved he can put some decent balls in. Hoping to see a bit of a different player today, he has overall been pretty poor this season but also I think really low in confidence.

Pinnock may well be a great crosser of the ball, but it’s so much easier to do that 30 yards from the byline not having to beat your man than having the skill, pace and trickery to get to the byline before doing it. I haven’t see Pinnock have that ability or speed to achieve that so far. Happy to be proven wrong today obviously. 

Very much the team I’d have gone with.

Apart from McGowan for Millen. And Ibsen-Rossi for Broadfoot. And Mulumbu for Power. And Burke for McKenzie. Not sure about the goalie choice either...

Apart from all that, it looks,er, like our strongest team...

All of this said in the hope that when I look back at this post at around 16:50, I feel slightly foolish, because despite TW ignoring my superior team selection, Killie are now out of the bottom two.