kiltie wolves

onejulianfaubert

From the players I've seen them linked with in the past week - Balotelli, Joel Campbell, Benfica's Luisao, Ola John and Nelson Oliveira, Bakary Sako, Prince Oniangue, Anderson Talisca, Lazar Marković, Adam Reach and Chris Martin - they seem to be ambitious but it would mean reserve football for Kiltie, I fear.

5 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

If people think we could afford to turn down bids of over 250k (up front) for anyone, then you underestimate our club's financial position. 

While I agree to an extent I think this may come at a time when we are not quite as desperate as we would've been had it been early summer. 

I'd be looking for £500,000 minimum up front.  It's reported thats what Dundee got for Greg Stewart who was into his last year of his contract, and Kiltie has far more potential in my biased opinion.

Edited by Merk

Just now, Merk said:

While I agree to an extent I think this may come at a time when we are not quite as desperate as we would've been had it been early summer. 

I'd be looking for £500,000 minimum up front.  It's reported thats what Dundee got for Greg Stewart who was into his last year of his contract and Kiltie had far more potential in my biased opinion.

Potential = gamble.  It's a gamble you have to pay for when buying players from England and the continent.  It's a cheap gamble when buying Scottish youngsters.

Greg Stewart has shown more than potential- he's performed (and scored) on a consistent basis.  He has stats to back up his price tag.  

I agree- Kiltie may turn out to be twice the player of Greg Stewart, but it's unquantifiable at the moment.  Similarly, and as is common, Stewart may be a complete flop at his new club and end up back here (Aberdeen are good at buying these guys) with a slightly inflated wallet.  

Wolves are loaded so we should fleece them for everything we can get. 

Wouldn't be a bad move for him, especially with their new owners. They could be a club that are going places. The worry for us is that none of Clark's signings (Coulibaly aside) have looked to be anywhere near the quality of Kiltie

Wouldn't be a surprise. At the start of the season we had two sellable players and one has gone already. Might be the right time for Kiltie to go as Clark doesn't seem to have a clear idea where to play him and how to include him successfully in any system he wants to play. He has been quite ineffectual in the the games he has played so far and that's certainly no reflection on his ability. 

16 minutes ago, historyman said:

Wouldn't be a surprise. At the start of the season we had two sellable players and one has gone already. Might be the right time for Kiltie to go as Clark doesn't seem to have a clear idea where to play him and how to include him successfully in any system he wants to play. He has been quite ineffectual in the the games he has played so far and that's certainly no reflection on his ability. 

Horrendously premature.

I struggle sometimes with how daft some folk's opinions are. You're entitled to one, but my god man, think about what you're saying:

"Lee Clark doesn't know how to play him so sell him."

How does even make sense?

I think the point is very valid. If the approach is to play both Boyd and Couliabye upfront (which has proved to be the most successful for us so far this season) then I for one can't see where Kiltie could be fitted into the starting XI - I would be ever so grateful if you could enlighten me.

And I was not saying the manager doesn't know how to play him so we should sell him - I was thinking of it from Kiltie's point of view. If I had been the manager I would have aimed to bring in players to complement Kiltie as he makes more intelligent runs off the ball than any other player at the club (that's why I would love to have seen him and Eremenko together for another season). So far we haven't brought in a creative player like this and I don't see a system or a set up where Kiltie can be effective in. 

14 hours ago, skygod said:

From the players I've seen them linked with in the past week - Balotelli, Joel Campbell, Benfica's Luisao, Ola John and Nelson Oliveira, Bakary Sako, Prince Oniangue, Anderson Talisca, Lazar Marković, Adam Reach and Chris Martin - they seem to be ambitious but it would mean reserve football for Kiltie, I fear.

They can compete all they want to lace Kilties boots but none of them are capable

With regards to Kiltie and Clark. I wouldn't necessarily say Greg has been playing better overall since the manager got the job. IMO he has been far more influential in games though. What he is doing now seems to be impacting games and putting opponents to the sword where before he maybe wasn't