Tommy Wright

Killiepies

37 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

We needed a manager to keep us up, not one that would be good next year. 

Unfortunately, they don’t come with a guarantee.

They're human, as are the people recruiting them and I don’t envy them their job.

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Was the obvious choice for the job in the thinking he new the squad and the league.Hasn't panned out that way and using the 1st 3 games to seemingly access the squad is not what we were hoping  for.Must have the worst record of any new manager in the history of the SPL .I know he didn’t have a transfer window but he was still able to sign Lafferty.Most clubs in the league out with the infirm would have been happy if that was there only signing.The bottoms line is he has made not one bit of difference  

Didnt see the game today as i had to work, TW has inherited a mess of a team, performance wise wee have improved big time, dont know about today but if wee do get relegated i think tommy is the man to get us back up, without a doubt.

Killiepies you clearly are a bit of a cabbage.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

His previous games were an improvement, but didn’t get the results. Today we were awful.

I don’t really agree. Dundee Utd last week much like St Mirren at Rugby Park when Rogers cost us the win. Played ok, better team over the 90 mins but create very little and don’t win the game.  I see no signs that thing are any better so far.  
I’m glad Dyer left, it was long overdue but I don’t see why people think TW gets a free pass if we are relegated.  We were not in the bottom two when he arrived.  

Edited by Silent Bob

26 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Who else would have done a better job

Agree not time to discuss this. He was not my choice but a decent choice imo. And see improvements. And signing lafferty would have been difficult - maybe impossible -without him. Time for analysis after season end.

I think that he thought the experienced players like Broadfoot, Dicker and Power would show leadership and get us out of this. Little did he know that they are the biggest part of our problems. They are all liabilities that have made constant mistakes that have led to goals. Problem is that in defence we don't have anything to turn to. Power and Dicker can't start any of the remaining games. Has to be Tish, Dabo or Mulumbu. We need to stop losing cheap goals and cut out the basic errors. 

I thought he was a good appointment. I still hope he will do enough to keep us up but that hope is fading.

Theres been slight improvement in the performances since he took over but the results haven’t come and to be honest we haven’t deserved much more than we got.

I thought he f**ked up big time today. I can understand why he’s not selecting Burke and Mulumbu based on performance but given what others are serving up it makes no sense why they are still selected.

TW has a decent CV and looked good appointment and hopefully in the long term will prove to be one of our better Managers but so far in the short term there has been few worrying signs 

TBH I thought we played better football in that Mwell game when he had just taken over , than seen in most of the other games since , ....,Lafferty is the one bright spot ATM but TW needs to find the right selection and way of playing that gets enough chances for Lafferty whilst somehow sorting out our defending 

Some of his selections and changes during games have been strange so far 

For me the back 3 idea may have worked better with Rossi instead of Millen , and not sure why he is taking so long to work out we need a better balanced central midfield pairing ....and whilst Burke’s form (sadly) has dropped off in past month or so he is still the only decent wide player we have so for me he now need to be involved from the start .....on paper he should be starting but “The Mulumbu situation “ has been strange ever since he came back this season with ongoing fitness and other issues it seems 

With a free weekend , TW now has couple weeks to sort a few things out , yes it is not his team , he has inherited an unbalanced and dispirited squad, and he came in far too late than it should been done ......but other managers have come into similar situations and get results 

55 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

I don’t really agree. Dundee Utd last week much like St Mirren at Rugby Park when Rogers cost us the win. Played ok, better team over the 90 mins but create very little and don’t win the game.  I see no signs that thing are any better so far.  
I’m glad Dyer left, it was long overdue but I don’t see why people think TW gets a free pass if we are relegated.  We were not in the bottom two when he arrived.  

When Bowie appointed Dyer as manager the writing was on the wall where we are now staring relegation in the face

Fair play to Wright. He doesn’t mince his words. 

He has had a very difficult task so far and has made little impact. Can’t be blamed for much but I don’t completely buy the argument that his job was impossible - he wouldn’t have taken it if it was. He, and the team, need to do much better in the coming weeks. 

A bit of balance. He inherited an ageing, failing, disorganised slow rabble with some utter dross given to him gift wrapped by Dyer, a guy who is a coach no more and never should have been appointed. I wanted TW and still think he could be good for us. BUT to persist with Pinnock and Millen is simply inexplicable and inexcusable. I get that he had to assess the squad but he’s seen them in games and they’ve been dreadful - we can see it why can’t TW? Today was a classic. He plays Pinnock and then hooks him at ht. Why start with him? The selections have been bizarre and so have the subs. The club has been mismanaged, appallingly led for almost 2 seasons. The experienced players - Burke excepted - must take a fair chunk of the blame. But one point in 5 games - some of that is on TW.

Anybody who thinks Tommy Wright is the problem here needs to get a grip. I don’t understand the persistence with certain players but we’re going to be relegated because of the incompetence of the people running our club, not because Wright continues to pick Mitch Pinnock.

The previous management team have absolutely ruined an already average group of players yet we persevered with them for a bafflingly long time. Nobody at the club has shown an ounce of urgency or appreciation of our plight through the whole season - even on the “on board in person” thing we were just getting deluded s***e about making the top 6. We have sleepwalked our way to relegation and it’s unforgivable for me.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Holy f@ck, now it’s Tommy Wrights fault, Killie fans are d!cks

Hardly his fault the squad is crap. However, he has consistently started guys who are clearly not up to it. Millen is a pub team player, Power gets caught in possession in dangerous places time and even Dicker us just not at it. I have never fancied Broadfoot, he is slow and has poor dustribution. Medly is a defensive bonbscare. Actually on reflection it is hard to think of anybody in the squad who would be better.

2 hours ago, iainmaccoll said:

Didnt see the game today as i had to work, TW has inherited a mess of a team, performance wise wee have improved big time, dont know about today but if wee do get relegated i think tommy is the man to get us back up, without a doubt.

Killiepies you clearly are a bit of a cabbage.

Compared to the cabbage managers of mcglynn, Robertson, mcpake  crawford you may have a point

6 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

We haven't been relegated yet. It's as if some in our support have amnesia and forgot everything before Clarke. TW has been in charge for 5 GAMES

We all hoped that TW would come in the door, take a failing squad by the scruff of the neck and galvanise them into achieving results.

It hasn’t happened. Yet.

Maybe the malaise runs too deep. Perhaps the players don’t give a f**k considering their contract situation.

He admits that he has been patient in team selection. I don’t know how he has watched some of them train and play for as long as he has without seeing them for what they are. Anybody describing Nicke Kabamba in his current and long-persistent form as a striker needs to recalibrate their standards.

TW is a proven manager, unlike the last incumbent. Given time and backing he should be successful, but time is in short supply and the squad is in tatters.

He might have made mistakes but he shouldn’t be carrying the can if we take the drop.

TW has imo given seasoned senior professionals whom he has seen while his previous side were playing against use, play well above their current level, am opportunity to get closer to that level.  He has seen them train and no doubt spoken individually to them amd given them an opportunity to prove their words true.

They haven't  he has now lost patience with them and I've no doubt they will all be told some home truths this weekend and next week.

Its up to the other to show they're up for the fight,  as TW comments about being out fought will also be ringing in the current players ears.