In our absence

Killie1970

The club has plunged into despair during the pandemic. If this hadn't happened, do you think that we'd be in the position that we're in? Do you think that if we were present and vocal at Rugby Park that action might have been taken quicker by the board on addressing the dire performances on the park? Thoughts?

52 minutes ago, Killie1970 said:

The club has plunged into despair during the pandemic. If this hadn't happened, do you think that we'd be in the position that we're in? Do you think that if we were present and vocal at Rugby Park that action might have been taken quicker by the board on addressing the dire performances on the park? Thoughts?

The signs before the stadiums were closed had us on a downward trajectory under Dyer. I don’t think our presence would have boosted performances. It may have forced the boards hand earlier with what would likely become a toxic atmosphere given results. Having said that we don’t know how stubborn the board would have been in backing their man. 

It's not an excuse, but the lack of fans thing is interesting. The recent loss v Motherwell is the sort of game where I think a home crowd would have upped the atmosphere as we were pushing. 

Think there might be something in the fans anger being harder to ignore in terms of Dyer leaving quicker. 

My own theory - without the league being called we would have ended in a playoff spot, or close, and Dyer would have had a lot less leeway at the start of this season. 

The impact of covid's visitation on the squad has been touched on elsewhere and is an unknown but can't have been positive in its effect.

Have we played more midweek games because of it? My impression is that we have and that doesn't help an ageing team. Some of the worst performances have been midweek but to be fair there have been plenty!

I suspect the main impact was thst Dyer got longer because when last season ended early the downward trajectory wasn't as clear cut to some.

13 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

The impact of covid's visitation on the squad has been touched on elsewhere and is an unknown but can't have been positive in its effect.

Have we played more midweek games because of it? My impression is that we have and that doesn't help an ageing team. Some of the worst performances have been midweek but to be fair there have been plenty!

The only match postponed because of the Covid outbreak was the Motherwell one so just one additional midweek match.

Other clubs such as St Mirren and Hamilton have been affected and I would be cautious about making too much of an issue of its effect. 

Edited by skygod