Well Match Fred

CB

1 minute ago, AyrshireCocard said:

Stephen O’Donnell: “No disrespect to Kilmarnock but I’d like to think I could play for a bigger club”

Well Stephen, this wee club put 4 past you today! See you soon!

And, Pinnock had him on toast in that second half.

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

IMO when we stay up most of this squad will.be gone and TW will fill the side with solid dependable players who may be unspectacular, but will do the job properly.

That’s fine for the nucleus as you say. And I agree TW will know those types. But there is no substitute (rarely at least) for a couple of X factor players on relatively top dollar. I’d imagine TB, Durrant, Eremenko, Tommy Johnston,  Paul Wright, Kris Boyd and Laffery were/are on considerably more than the other players in the respective squads. And that right and proper for me. Star players should be be treated like stars. 

22 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

Lets not get carried away hes still no very good 

He was excellent in the second half. I hope it was down to yer man, Tommy, shouting at him at half time what I've been shouting at my telly all season. 'Take your man on and get a cross in from the by-line'.

His goal was a wee bit like Gascoigne's at Wembley.

55 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Hindsight is a great thing eh? I'm first to put up my hand when I am wrong but that team  looked like a car crash on paper and don't say otherwise.

That's why Tommy Wright is a football manager and I am a wee wank on a fans forum.

At half time I was convinced we were going to get hammered in the 2nd half. I'm clueless!

1 minute ago, AyrshireCocard said:

I'd imagine our budget is somewhat similar to St Johnstone. Didn't realise how often they finish top 6 (credit to our gaffer for a lot of that too) but this is what we should be dreaming of year in year out.

20210320_180347.jpg

You look at how bad they were when they beat us 2-1 at RP in the ?4th game of this season. SInce that gift they have slowly got better and better. I thought they were outstanding in both the semi and the final of the LC and of course they should have taken about 6 off us in the 2-3 Dyer swansong. They don't have prima donnas but they do have solid players in almost every position, PLUS a couple of really good ones.

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Any team with lafferty in it always have a chance. We’ve wasted so much time in the bargain basement. Pay decent money and you get ready made quality.

That’s undoubtedly been the big change. Seeing how we’ve played with Lafferty shows that except for a few games this season it was like the team was playing with nothing up front at all. We couldn’t ever get up the park and put real pressure on the opposition. 
Lafferty is doing it all - holding the ball up, linking play, putting pressure on their defence and, most importantly, getting shots away and working their goalkeeper. Have we scored in every game he has played? 
It was certainly a gamble signing him but we really were in the last chance saloon and it’s paid off so far. If we get safe offering him a contract should be the number one priority. He’s transformed us and gave us hope when there was very little of it left. 

14 minutes ago, AyrshireCocard said:

I'd imagine our budget is somewhat similar to St Johnstone. Didn't realise how often they finish top 6 (credit to our gaffer for a lot of that too) but this is what we should be dreaming of year in year out.

20210320_180347.jpg

The Saints had a great record under TW. That’s why I’m so pleased he is now our manager. 

The s**t posts in here at half time is embarrassing btw, hang yer heads in shame.... Talkin aboot driving tw home n stuff... Thats why he chooses this team obv. He sees them in training and has stated before about the quality in the squad... And he wants some continuity every week which is now paying off..  Always have faith.. f**k accies let's chase these county c**ts.. What a great second half performance, ktid....

Life as a Killie fan has always been a rollercoaster ride , and that game today was a microcosm of it , thankfully far more highs than lows ....first half was too aimless punts at times but thankfully we showed far more balance and creativity after the break 

Much needed victory and just hope can build on it in the last 5 games , just a pity there is now a 3 week break till next league game .....will be interesting to see what kind of team TW opts for in the cup tie , another win will boost confidence but also IMO it’s so vital Lafferty can play in those 5 league games to come 

Edited by Scouser2

1 hour ago, jasper said:

Could all the Pinnock haters please line up, bend over and G.I.R.U.T.

It's nice of him to finally turn up in the 2nd 45 mins of the last half dozen games of the league season but he needs to keep that kind of performance up now till the finale.

The jury is still out for me....

20 minutes ago, Boabkfc19 said:

The s**t posts in here at half time is embarrassing btw, hang yer heads in shame.... Talkin aboot driving tw home n stuff... Thats why he chooses this team obv. He sees them in training and has stated before about the quality in the squad... And he wants some continuity every week which is now paying off..  Always have faith.. f**k accies let's chase these county c**ts.. What a great second half performance, ktid....

And u wouldnt be moaning if we had  got beat .fitba fans are fickle and it is a forum after all