Scotland vs Austria

CB

29 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

It's not his position . 

It's his distribution. 

Passing and crossing are terrible 

37 assists in 170 matches for Liverpool.

Maybe it’s the movement of the attackers that are the problem? Could be wrong.

Every Scotland game we get the same boring old comparisons between the two like 10 year old Twitterites arguing over Ronaldo and Messi. 

Draw against Austria is a great result, both players are top quality.

7 hours ago, Guff92 said:

37 assists in 170 matches for Liverpool.

Maybe it’s the movement of the attackers that are the problem? Could be wrong.

Every Scotland game we get the same boring old comparisons between the two like 10 year old Twitterites arguing over Ronaldo and Messi. 

Draw against Austria is a great result, both players are top quality.

Its reminiscent of Dalglish. 

Struggling to play his club form at international level.

Personally I dont think having the  armband does him any favours , I felt he played better for Scotland when he wasn't captain. 

3 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Struggling to play his club form at international level.

I might be wrong but I thought he had been mediocre for Liverpool this season?

I think Tierney is a better defender but Arsenal tactics don’t involve him getting forward as much as Robertson.

When he does he is very effective, just  that he doesn’t do it as often as Robertson does for Liverpool.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I might be wrong but I thought he had been mediocre for Liverpool this season?

I think Tierney is a better defender but Arsenal tactics don’t involve him getting forward as much as Robertson.

When he does he is very effective, just  that he doesn’t do it as often as Robertson does for Liverpool.

From the Arsenal games that I've watched I thought he plays an almost identical role as Robertson, except Tierney does it better. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

From the Arsenal games that I've watched I thought he plays an almost identical role as Robertson, except Tierney does it better. 

Does what better? Going by you’re original comment on distribution and crossing one is on 5 assists in the league the other is on 2. The one with more assists isn’t Kieran Tierney.

KT is 4 years younger and will only get better. Do I think he’ll turn out better than Robertson? Absolutely. 

To say he’s better right now is ridiculous.

Baring in mind one of them was released from Celtic at a young age, worked in Tesco then went on to win the two biggest trophies in club football.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Does what better? Going by you’re original comment on distribution and crossing one is on 5 assists in the league the other is on 2. The one with more assists isn’t Kieran Tierney.

KT is 4 years younger and will only get better. Do I think he’ll turn out better than Robertson? Absolutely. 

To say he’s better right now is ridiculous.

Baring in mind one of them was released from Celtic at a young age, worked in Tesco then went on to win the two biggest trophies in club football.

Unlike you I have no Liverpool axe to grind, in fact my English team is Spurs so there is no reason to prefer an Arsenal player over a Liverpool one. I don't care what Robertson has done, working in Tesco has zero bearing on how good a player he is now. (I think it was actually M&S he worked in) Given a choice between the two I would pick Tierney over Robertson because I think he is the better all round footballer.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Unlike you I have no Liverpool axe to grind, in fact my English team is Spurs so there is no reason to prefer an Arsenal player over a Liverpool one. I don't care what Robertson has done, working in Tesco has zero bearing on how good a player he is now. (I think it was actually M&S he worked in) Given a choice between the two I would pick Tierney over Robertson because I think he is the better all round footballer.

I’m not grinding any axe. I’m just counter arguing your opinion that Robertson has terrible crossing and distribution. If anything it’s his best attribute. Tierney has better defensive awareness IMO. 

Maybe it’s just a matter of Robertson suiting Liverpool’s style more than Arsenals.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

I’m not grinding any axe. I’m just counter arguing your opinion that Robertson has terrible crossing and distribution. If anything it’s his best attribute. Tierney has better defensive awareness IMO. 

Maybe it’s just a matter of Robertson suiting Liverpool’s style more than Arsenals.

It wasn’t me that mentioned Robertson's crossing and distribution, think that was stewarty66. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

I’m not grinding any axe. I’m just counter arguing your opinion that Robertson has terrible crossing and distribution. 

His distribution for Scotland is poor.

You can quote league figures for assists all you want but that counts for nothing when we are talking about international football.

Also Tierney has 4 assists in 32 games this season and scored 2 goals https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kieran-tierney/leistungsdaten/spieler/300716

Robertson has 5 in 39 and zero goals https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andrew-robertson/leistungsdaten/spieler/234803

So they are not too far apart for their clubs.

But you have to factor in Tierney is played out of position for Scotland too and does a good job. That for me makes him a better footballer