Scotland discussion (split from Scottish Cup)

gdevoy

45 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Anyone else excited for Saturday n getting this international pish out the way. 

I struggle to get excited about Scotland these days. Maybe it is because we really dont have anybody playing with top European club sides. Scotland international standard seems to be being on the bench for an Engkish Championship side.

30 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I struggle to get excited about Scotland these days. Maybe it is because we really dont have anybody playing with top European club sides. Scotland international standard seems to be being on the bench for an Engkish Championship side.

At least half of the team were regular EPL players , one in the Champions League, two still in the latter stages of the Europa League. Unlike a Steve Clarke side we don't play as a team though, Israel looked the more fluid team playing in a shape they were used to. We have some good players, but no outstanding players, playing in goal, central defence, and striker. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I watch it and try to enjoy it. But I get bored with it and was pleased when Fraser scored last night. But not a patch on watching Killie, and its certainly not the Steve Clarke performances we seen at rugby park 

27 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I take it you haven't watched a Scotland game for a while, we've got a Champions league winner as our captain, numerous players playing regular football in the Premiership and one of the best young talents in Billy Gilmour (Chelsea) wasn't even in the squad, I would suggest we have the most talent  now than for a few years and it was very much like a Steve Clarke performance, poor first half then finish the game strongly 

1 hour ago, Neil McGuffie said:

I take it you haven't watched a Scotland game for a while, we've got a Champions league winner as our captain, numerous players playing regular football in the Premiership and one of the best young talents in Billy Gilmour (Chelsea) wasn't even in the squad, I would suggest we have the most talent  now than for a few years and it was very much like a Steve Clarke performance, poor first half then finish the game strongly 

Scotland are poor. World cup qualifiers over already IMO. Hate to think what will happen at the Euros. A bit negative but cant see any improvement from previous years. Stand by for the red brigade!

39 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

Scotland are poor. World cup qualifiers over already IMO. Hate to think what will happen at the Euros. A bit negative but cant see any improvement from previous years. Stand by for the red brigade!

The last two games away to Israel we were beaten but last night was a draw which if we had taken our chances in the second half probably should have been a win.  

2 hours ago, Neil McGuffie said:

We’ve also got Grant Hanley!

30 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

I think you will find that its not pish! We shall find out in the summer, or maybe Wednesday night BK71...........

I think youll find we qualified for a major tournament for the first time in f**k knows how long.  We also equalled our longest unbeaten run as well.

To even try and say we haven't improved is errant nonsense.  The question of whether we're good enough to not embarrass ourselves in said major tournament is an entirely separate question. 

We have plenty of decent players.Champion league winner,numerous player who have been involved in or are involved in the knockout stages of European competitions.No Scotland team has ever qualified for the knockout stages of the World Cup or the Euros.Every other home nation has managed that at some point.Qualifying seem as good as it gets and that is now a rarity