Season Tickets

Mclean07

Is it not the case with Killie season tickets that anybody who bought a ticket this season is entitled to a refund? If so then that means the club are not reneging on last years offer. The reduction and strip is for those fans who make a personal choice to forfeit last years deal and renew again for this season.

Similarly motherwell have said fans can also choose to renew this year to ease the financial burden.

Think some of us are too quick to criticise.

24 minutes ago, Mcd said:

Is it not the case with Killie season tickets that anybody who bought a ticket this season is entitled to a refund? If so then that means the club are not reneging on last years offer. The reduction and strip is for those fans who make a personal choice to forfeit last years deal and renew again for this season.

Similarly motherwell have said fans can also choose to renew this year to ease the financial burden.

The club have so far yet to mention the offer for this season in any discussions that have been made public (either through AGM or the Trust)

The only thing that has come out is next years prices and what offer for 21/22 current season tickets holder can get

I guess we will find out more when season tickets are officially released.

48 minutes ago, Mcd said:

It may be, but the Motherwell offer is open and great PR, the Killie offer of you having it contact the club looks like guilt tripping fans. 

55 minutes ago, Mcd said:

No, you have misunderstood this. Perhaps unsurprisingly because the board’s presentation at the AGM was less than clear.

This is the latest, from Cathy’s April report: 

“Our 2020/21 offering was made in good faith when we hoped supporters would be back inside Rugby Park before the end of 2020. Sadly, as we know, this didn’t materialise due to the nature of the Coronavirus pandemic and the length of time fans have been away from the stadium has been much longer than anticipated.

We always aim to be honest and transparent with supporters and the financial impact of offering a full refund to all supporters would cost in the region of £700k. Put simply, this would have a massive impact on the Club finances and player budget, and we have therefore worked with supporters to provide the best solution that the club can afford for those renewing for 2021/22. 

Our offering for 2021/22, formed after positive work through our fans’ focus group, and taking account of feedback from the Killie Trust, will include a loyalty discount price and a special souvenir retro shirt including supporters’ names as well as a range of other exclusive benefits. We sincerely thank all fans for their incredible support and understanding during what has been one of the most challenging years in our club’s history. 

We also understand that the pandemic will have drastically altered the lives of some supporters and should you wish to contact us about this please do so using [email protected] and Katrina Watson will assist.”

31 minutes ago, skygod said:

No, you have misunderstood this. Perhaps unsurprisingly because the board’s presentation at the AGM was less than clear.

This is the latest, from Cathy’s April report: 

“Our 2020/21 offering was made in good faith when we hoped supporters would be back inside Rugby Park before the end of 2020. Sadly, as we know, this didn’t materialise due to the nature of the Coronavirus pandemic and the length of time fans have been away from the stadium has been much longer than anticipated.

We always aim to be honest and transparent with supporters and the financial impact of offering a full refund to all supporters would cost in the region of £700k. Put simply, this would have a massive impact on the Club finances and player budget, and we have therefore worked with supporters to provide the best solution that the club can afford for those renewing for 2021/22. 

Our offering for 2021/22, formed after positive work through our fans’ focus group, and taking account of feedback from the Killie Trust, will include a loyalty discount price and a special souvenir retro shirt including supporters’ names as well as a range of other exclusive benefits. We sincerely thank all fans for their incredible support and understanding during what has been one of the most challenging years in our club’s history. 

We also understand that the pandemic will have drastically altered the lives of some supporters and should you wish to contact us about this please do so using [email protected] and Katrina Watson will assist.”

1st time I have read this but anyone know if this has gone to all season tickets or just those in the trust?

Seems rather official now and that refunds/credits will not be offered unless you contact the club and explain individual circumstances that the pandemic has affected you...IMHO that is a terrible way of treating your customers

3 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

1st time I have read this but anyone know if this has gone to all season tickets or just those in the trust?

It was sent by the Trust to members, but it is also posted on this board.

AFAIK nothing official has been sent to season ticket holders. Only this to Trust members  and Killiefc.com readers, plus what was said at the AGM which is for shareholders only, of course. 

54 minutes ago, skygod said:

It was sent by the Trust to members, but it is also posted on this board.

AFAIK nothing official has been sent to season ticket holders. Only this to Trust members  and Killiefc.com readers, plus what was said at the AGM which is for shareholders only, of course. 

Looks like the club have held off till it’s confirmed which league we are in …….

but also hope they have changed the original plan to some degree at least , and found slightly better way of publicly addressing concerns …..the Motherwell announcement and some of its details seemed to contradict some of the points given at our AGM 

23 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

One simple sentence, Motherwell got £3m for Turnbull we got zilch. Whether we would have done what they did with the same money is debatable. 

Would they have received the full amount? I remember us thinking we got £2 million for Greg Taylor., £200k from City, Clarke compensation, Findlay £240k . I think we should have reduced our wage outlay considerably too when you see how many have gone, to be replaced by some lads that would not look out of place in the Sunday Pub League. 
I can’t help but think some people got carried away in building improvements while forgetting we needed to stay in the top league to make these commitments worthwhile. 

46 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

One simple sentence, Motherwell got £3m for Turnbull we got zilch.

Obviously we got nothing for Turnbull going to Celtic but I don’t think that’s what you mean!

We did get money for Taylor though.

If it would cost us something like £700k as stated, I assume it’s costing Well the same.

When they received the transfer fee from Celtic, they would not have budgeted £700k of it for this purpose. So it must be getting done at the expense of something else.

What it boils down to is that Motherwell are a better run club than Killie. Probably a much better run club.

I’ve had little faith in the board from the laying of the artificial pitch, through the non-celebration of the 150th anniversary to the appointment of the last two managers.

Even with unprecedented financial support from the Trust, they are having to prop up the club with their own money.

When the Setanta deal collapsed, it seemed to impact Killie disproportionately - or so we were told - and the same now with the pandemic.

I’m pessimistic about the club’s future in the current hands, regardless of the outcome of this season.

They are beholden to season ticket holders big time and I don’t know if a “special souvenir retro shirt including supporters’ names” will cut it. 

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Obviously we got nothing for Turnbull going to Celtic but I don’t think that’s what you mean!

If it would cost us something like £700k as stated, I assume it’s costing Well the same.

When they received the transfer fee from Celtic, they would not have budgeted £700k of it for this purpose. So it must be getting done at the expense of something else.

What it boils down to is that Motherwell are a better run club than Killie. Probably a much better run club.

I’ve had little faith in the board from the laying of the artificial pitch, through the non-celebration of the 150th anniversary to the appointment of the last two managers.

Even with unprecedented financial support from the Trust, they are having to prop up the club with their own money.

When the Setanta deal collapsed, it seemed to impact Killie disproportionately - or so we were told - and the same now with the pandemic.

I’m pessimistic about the club’s future in the current hands, regardless of the outcome of this season.

They are beholden to season ticket holders big time and I don’t know if a “special souvenir retro shirt including supporters’ names” will cut it. 

As I said in my second sentence which you didn't quote, whether we would have done what they did with the same money (£3m) is debatable. Unless our TiK numbers increase exponentially then we are stuck with this board and the decisions that they make. Motherwell, Hearts, St. Mirren, fans have all bought into increased fan involvement in their clubs, our fans haven't for the most part.

If I remember correct our deal was announced after Motherwell made thier season ticket offer last season - which gathered good publicity.  The club should be doing the same as Motherwell’s latest announcement to honour the deal and keep the clubs integrity – simple as that.  No need to contact and explain circumstance etc.  Many supporters know the situation that the club is in and have already expressed that they are going to buy thier ticket regardless of the offer; this along with a simple message put out from the club explaining our situation would see the majority of season ticket holders (if they are in the correct financial circumstance) go down this route.

13 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

As I said in my second sentence which you didn't quote, whether we would have done what they did with the same money (£3m) is debatable. Unless our TiK numbers increase exponentially then we are stuck with this board and the decisions that they make. Motherwell, Hearts, St. Mirren, fans have all bought into increased fan involvement in their clubs, our fans haven't for the most part.

Seems like Motherwell, Hearts and St. Mirren are, or soon will be, owned by fans (through majority shareholdings)........ who knows how Killie fans would respond if a similar proposal was put to us.

35 minutes ago, stripes1869 said:

If I remember correct our deal was announced after Motherwell made thier season ticket offer last season - which gathered good publicity.  The club should be doing the same as Motherwell’s latest announcement to honour the deal and keep the clubs integrity – simple as that.  No need to contact and explain circumstance etc.  Many supporters know the situation that the club is in and have already expressed that they are going to buy thier ticket regardless of the offer; this along with a simple message put out from the club explaining our situation would see the majority of season ticket holders (if they are in the correct financial circumstance) go down this route.

The club would be mental to do the same as Motherwell. And we'd be the first to have a go at them because of what would turn out to be a suicidal decision, just like we are now. We're trying to get out of the mess they've created, not double down on it. What the club should do and what the club can realisticly do are poles apart and the sooner the majority realise that the better.

Hippo has been doing the free season ticket for a few years now, with the help of a few others, Motherwell are getting all this publicity for doing something one of our fans initiated and has been doing successfully for Killie, don't give me this s**te about the holier than thou Motherwell, same lot that f*cked over players and staff and were a total bombscare until they went fan owned.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Absolutely fantastic post, I had actually forgotten about the 150th, my original feeling about the pitch was meh! but now its actually an embarrassment to any club with serious aspirations. The way these multi millionaires have allowed the club to be managed is beyond parody, I even worry that if we stay up, what kind of money will be required to create a decent squad, and where will it come from.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be interesting to hear the upcoming announcement on the ST prices and package offered for Championship games ….

Yes fans need to financially support the club especially now but feel will be a hard sell if still Premiership prices on back of promises made last year and the failures of the board in football matters 

On 5/12/2021 at 12:54 PM, killie billies pal said:

Would they have received the full amount? I remember us thinking we got £2 million for Greg Taylor., £200k from City, Clarke compensation, Findlay £240k . I think we should have reduced our wage outlay considerably too when you see how many have gone, to be replaced by some lads that would not look out of place in the Sunday Pub League. 
I can’t help but think some people got carried away in building improvements while forgetting we needed to stay in the top league to make these commitments worthwhile. 

We never even got half that for Taylor.