Montrose Match Fred

C4mmy31

25 minutes ago, Bbk said:

The reaction to today's game really sums up the fickle attitude of us killie fans when our understandable emotions overtake the reality of where we actually are.

Without question this has been a horrible time for all killie fans but we are in the next round and we really have to believe TW can get the players at his disposal to perform in the crucial 4 league games and start the optimism for next seasons campaign with HIS signings lets just enjoy our Saturday night !

I don’t think anyone watching that second half will form a view that we will get the points we need over the next four games. We were outplayed for almost the whole 45 minutes. If they had had a decent goalkeeper the final result could have been different 

20 minutes ago, Bbk said:

The reaction to today's game really sums up the fickle attitude of us killie fans when our understandable emotions overtake the reality of where we actually are.

Without question this has been a horrible time for all killie fans but we are in the next round and we really have to believe TW can get the players at his disposal to perform in the crucial 4 league games and start the optimism for next seasons campaign with HIS signings lets just enjoy our Saturday night !

I think you know the answer to that. Happy with the win but no sign that we have turned the corner in that performance. Do we really believe that TW is getting any more out of the players than AD did apart from Lafferty scoring goals ?  Tommy's reliance on Millen, Medley, and Dicker seems hard to fathom when we are seeing something from them that doesn't justify automatic selection.

Just now, mitch14 said:

I appreciate that happy clapping is useless/annoying - but there's a depressing streak of posts on the forum of late that seem to be annoyed at people for any slight expression of optimism - as if there's an auto reply setup to add "not playing like that we won't!" to every opinion. 

By the sounds of it, today told us nothing we didn't already know about how difficult the job is in the league. We've got through ties against lower league teams with much less fuss than better Premiership teams this season and I'm really looking forward to that S Mirren game. 

Take the wee glimmers of positivity where you can get them I reckon. 

I’m sure everyone is pretty chuffed with the win but it was entirely expected that we’d win against a League 1 team who have played a lot of games recently.

The concern is that frailties in the match come in the context where we need more stability right now in the league, and against much, much better opposition. It makes sense that this line of discussion would dominate, but doesn’t mean everyone is raging or feeling overwhelmingly negative. 

2 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

Against Stenny we looked comfortable. Totally in control. That wasn’t the case today. We were gifted two goals by the keeper and gave up numerous good chances to League 1 opposition. The score line very much flattered us. 

Cup football is all about getting to the next round at this stage. 

That's two poor performances according to some and we've not lost in either game scoring 5 goals along the way

Just now, LH31 said:

Cup football is all about getting to the next round at this stage. 

That's two poor performances according to some and we've not lost in either game scoring 5 goals along the way

The Stenny performance was thoroughly professional, today's was sloppy and a better team would have punished our slackness. 

A whole lot of what-abouttery. All that matters in the context of todays game is we won, regardless of how. On a positive note we are now 4 games unbeaten across both the league and the Cup and Lafftery keeps on scoring. Too many people both on here and in society in general are conditioned to focus on the negatives instead of appreciating the positives and the moment. 

17 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

A whole lot of what-abouttery. All that matters in the context of todays game is we won, regardless of how. On a positive note we are now 4 games unbeaten across both the league and the Cup and Lafftery keeps on scoring. Too many people both on here and in society in general are conditioned to focus on the negatives instead of appreciating the positives and the moment. 

Correct. I remember enduring a tortuous performance away to Clyde in the run to 1997 cup glory. Outplayed for much of the game and only a dodgy penalty awarded after Paul wrights ample posteria forced a defender to fall on top him. Largely forgotten. This was a cup game today. All about the cup. Absolutely no bearing on the midweek game. We are still in the cup and should have an eye on winning it. Chances like this don’t drop every year. But the doom and gloom on here not helping anybody. The time to be negative - and I am more than capable - is when we can effect things. Change of manager or board. We got the players we have and not the time for board change - yet. Let’s beat Utd and stmirren in the cup - both very doable - and the season may just look a bit brighter.

2 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Similar age to Ajier when he came here who stuck out a mile and most teams in the SPL have players of a similar age or younger in there team.If your good enough your old enough.

Sometimes think big sides closet those players away too much. Ajer had loads of games for Start and had captained his national side through the youth levels. Medley, for his age, has had barely any actual experience at all - which is showing as the games go on. 

7 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Similar age to Ajier when he came here who stuck out a mile and most teams in the SPL have players of a similar age or younger in there team.If your good enough your old enough.

Ajer was much younger iirc. He also had better players around him. Medley is closer in age to Sissoko, who came in, had some major brain farts and won a cup. I’d settle for that. 

8 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Sometimes think big sides closet those players away too much. Ajer had loads of games for Start and had captained his national side through the youth levels. Medley, for his age, has had barely any actual experience at all - which is showing as the games go on. 

If I could make one change to football it would be putting a rule in place to prevent clubs stockpiling players. Limit squad sizes and get more of the most talented kids playing more often. 

2 hours ago, KTIDanny85 said:

Honestly, staying in the league would be the biggest positive. Dunfermline and Falkirk both played in Cup Finals and were relegated, where are they now ?