2021/22 Jersey (On Sale 16-7-21)

Graeme S

I really like the home top compared to the previous Hummel one, the half red half navy was a classic and one of my first ever tops, white shorts could even go with that albeit I assume the chevrons would be the ‘home’ shade of blue. Third kit a reminder of our goalie top in a season where we didn’t have a good goalie - will be happy if we never have to play in it 

2 minutes ago, Lroy said:

Had a hand in choosing these this year. I'll explain my reasoning for each one.

Twitter.png.031bc9fd61db5c4e971704c59e9577c6.png

Home Kit: Just felt it was right to alternate between mostly blue and mostly white. Original design came with a white back but after it had been mentioned on here, I suggested it should have a striped back, so it does. Different sized stripes is enough to keep it interesting but is still quite simple overall. Happy with how this one has turned out.

Away Kit: We had planned to have a red and navy third Korea shirt last year as a third kit but covid killed that plan. After loads of Hummel teams then released a half and half shirt with thought it would be best to sit on that idea for a while. This kit is a homage to the Korea kit in that respect. We wore that Korea kit with red shorts and I thought it was an interesting colour scheme for us to use. Hopefully we'll be able to go full Korea in the future.

Third Kit: We had a few ideas for a third kit but went with purple, a colour we've used a couple of times in the past. The navy and white really made it jump out on the original drawings so I hope it looks like that in real life too.

Who is all involved in this process mate 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

Only quibble would that white socks would worked better with the home kit.

Shirt is substantially white but everything below is blue so it lacks balance.

I thought the blue socks helped with the balance, due to the white in the shirt. 

For whatever reason, I’m firmly of the view that clubs need recognisable colours that you stick with. Rightly or wrongly, my favourite Killie identity is blue and white, with yellow as the additional colour. 

I thought last season‘s strips were superb and loved the extra flashes of yellow, which is always have as the dominant colour in our away options. 

I don’t really get clubs picking random colours for away options - purple and red could be any team and don’t really say Killie to me. 

Don’t mind the home strip, don’t mind the away top, but not feeling the love for red shorts or purple kit. 

That said, impossible to please all the people all the time.  

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

For whatever reason, I’m firmly of the view that clubs need recognisable colours that you stick with. Rightly or wrongly, my favourite Killie identity is blue and white, with yellow as the additional colour. 

I thought last season‘s strips were superb and loved the extra flashes of yellow, which is always have as the dominant colour in our away options. 

I don’t really get clubs picking random colours for away options - purple and red could be any team and don’t really say Killie to me. 

Don’t mind the home strip, don’t mind the away top, but not feeling the love for red shorts or purple kit. 

When will we see the return of the hoops?  Not to everyone’s taste and the stripes are my favourite but I’m surprised we haven’t gone hoops for a season to ring the changes. 

Agree about yellow as the change colour. Brings back great 2012 memories.

10 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

When will we see the return of the hoops?  Not to everyone’s taste and the stripes are my favourite but I’m surprised we haven’t gone hoops for a season to ring the changes. 

While you say yellow brings back great memories of 2012 , hoops bring back memories of yoyoing and then sliding down the leagues in the late 70s and all of the 80s  

We went back to stripes with the Fleetings and TB and came back up.

I didn't even like the all white top with the blue sergeant stripes thingy on the sleeve either.

No hoops for me thanks.

Unless they are of the spaghetti variety 

10 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

Never hopefully. Associated with a really poor period in the Club's history.

11 hours ago, Travis said:

I'm no historian @Travis but has the colour purple got a connection somehow to Kilmarnock as a town or burgh?

I ask this because as an ex pupil of New Farm Primary we had a thin purple stripe in the school tie which of course was mainly green. The school blazer had purple and silver braiding on it.

The school football strip took the biscuit though green and white stripe top with purple shorts ? thankfully they changed it too sky blue top with blue shorts and then yellow top with blue shorts.

Of course at secondary school,  the Jimmy had purple blazers with a mainly purple tie.

Personally I don't mind purple as a kit colour.

I liked the 1869 brand one although the TFG white one with the purple trim (Real Madrid style) was my favourite. 

unnamed.jpg

Craig_Bryson.jpeg

18 hours ago, Lroy said:

E4LXQ6SWUAM5yQ1?format=jpg&name=large

Home Kit: Just felt it was right to alternate between mostly blue and mostly white. Original design came with a white back but after it had been mentioned on here, I suggested it should have a striped back, so it does. Different sized stripes is enough to keep it interesting but is still quite simple overall. Happy with how this one has turned out.

Away Kit: We had planned to have a red and navy third Korea shirt last year as a third kit but covid killed that plan. After loads of Hummel teams then released a half and half shirt with thought it would be best to sit on that idea for a while. This kit is a homage to the Korea kit in that respect. We wore that Korea kit with red shorts and I thought it was an interesting colour scheme for us to use. Hopefully we'll be able to go full Korea in the future.

Third Kit: We had a few ideas for a third kit but went with purple, a colour we've used a couple of times in the past. The navy and white really made it jump out on the original drawings so I hope it looks like that in real life too.

Good news that the stripes are in the back. I think the home top was too blue last year. I also like the blue socks. Gives it a nice solid look. 

8 minutes ago, Jay-Boy93 said:

@Lroy out of curiosity was there a particular reason for having 3 strips this year? Also when was the last time we had 3 strips? (other than when we used the previous seasons home kit due to being in Europe). Great work again as usual chap ??

Didn’t we have three strips when QTS sponsored us and AJ was manager. Stripes with orange piping, black and then that horrible orange MJ would do anything for more money number

19 hours ago, Lroy said:

E4LXQ6SWUAM5yQ1?format=jpg&name=large

The white detailing on that purple kit drawing looks great but sadly doesn’t seem to be on the actual kit.