European super league

26 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Commendable stuff from Klopp.

Indeed hats off to him.  Much as I fooling hate hit club  he is a very principled guy.

Needs a few other managers to come out with this response.

Agreed, Ole's statement wasn't what I'd expect of a Man U manager, so thankfully we have a director who has called them all out on it.  Hats of Sir Alex.

Hopefully Pep and the others follow his lead.

All of them need to come out and call it for what it is.

Wherever Mourinho goes now it seems to end in tears after 18 months to a couple of years.

He is yesterday's man, his style of managing will work for a short time and then it all comes crashing down around his ears.

Any manager though that works under that cockroach Daniel Levy must know they are taking a chance.

He's an odious little c**t.

Agreed again, absolute tool of a man, but Woodward is worse.

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

If they had more money they could attract better players, managers. Initially they might lose more often but eventually they would improve.

But assuming they were included in an ESL2/Atlantic League/whatever, similar sized clubs would also get the same amount of money and look to sign the same players. Difference is that they would then be competing against Ajax, Porto etc rather than Scottish clubs. They wouldn’t suddenly turn into Real Madrid

13 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Yep.

Just waiting to hear what the chequebook manager has got to say about it all. 

Because only Pep has spent any money eh?

get a grip, IMO NO manager or indeed director of a club with the club at heart and football at heart will support this.

we’ve rightly praised your clubs manager, but let’s not kid on your clubs owners aren’t bollock deep in this s**t.

The glazers are about as welcome at OT as a dose of the clap, but they’re kick deep in this too.  All the clubs owners are after is Money, they’re all greedy self interested c**ts, every single of the clubs involved are the same.

25 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Because only Pep has spent any money eh?

get a grip, IMO NO manager or indeed director of a club with the club at heart and football at heart will support this.

we’ve rightly praised your clubs manager, but let’s not kid on your clubs owners aren’t bollock deep in this s**t.

The glazers are about as welcome at OT as a dose of the clap, but they’re kick deep in this too.  All the clubs owners are after is Money, they’re all greedy self interested c**ts, every single of the clubs involved are the same.

Who mentioned pep? 

Stop being so angry. It was a wee joke.

You’re right about the yanks though. Only concerned about money and made football club into more of a franchise. Who wants to go to anfield/old Trafford to be baws deep into a 10” pizza at half time? f**k right off.

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Do we have a link to the interview or statement Klopp has put out with the above quote in it? I can’t find it anywhere. 

All I’m seeing is the quotes from 2019.

The picture in this thread seems to be the same one but worded differently. So unless he spoke about it in his pre Leeds conference it must be fake.

1 minute ago, Guff92 said:

All I’m seeing is the quotes from 2019.

The picture in this thread seems to be the same one but worded differently. So unless he spoke about it in his pre Leeds conference it must be fake.

I saw the 2019 quotes last night and thought fair play Jurgen. When I saw this new “quote” I was ready to move onto man-crush. Now I’m thinking what kinds twat makes this s**t up? This puts huge pressure on Klopp tonight. I’m guessing a Manc. 

Just now, Zorro said:

I saw the 2019 quotes last night and thought fair play Jurgen. When I saw this new “quote” I was ready to move onto man-crush. Now I’m thinking what kinds twat makes this s**t up? This puts huge pressure on Klopp tonight. I’m guessing a Manc. 

Unfortunately I’m working tonight so I’ll miss the MNF with Carra & Nev, should be interesting.

I honestly don’t know what will happen tonight, how the players will react etc. 
Leeds have a banner in the stand already and there are numerous hanging outside Anfield too. 

1 minute ago, Guff92 said:

Unfortunately I’m working tonight so I’ll miss the MNF with Carra & Nev, should be interesting.

I honestly don’t know what will happen tonight, how the players will react etc. 
Leeds have a banner in the stand already and there are numerous hanging outside Anfield too. 

As much as I’d hope Carragher and Neville’s outrage is genuine, there’s a bit of me wonders if they’re upset as football fans or Sky employees?

Fans are disregarded and feel powerless. They always will be unless the vast majority of them boycott this new 'league.'

Maybe the business model for this thing will be less reliant on real fans who turn out for the games in normal times but it won't have any value to broadcasters, advertisers or sponsors if people refuse to take any interest.

That would kill it!

Actually have very little sympathy for UEFA, the Premier league or Rangers or Celtic. Sky made this by putting billions into the Premier league. They then buy the SPFL for a pittance and only show games at a time that doesn't conflict with a West brom wolves for example. It's the equivalent of Rangers signing Greg Stewart to put him on the bench so we can't play him. They don't value Scottish football they just want other channels to have it in case it draws some of their viewers away. 

Rangers and Celtic also don't care about Scottish football and would be away from the SPFL to the epl at the drop of a hat. No condemation from the media about that one. UEFA are just annoyed because this league will take money away from then, so is the epl and their product is not as lucrative without the big 6.

Don't actually mind if it goes ahead

3 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

But assuming they were included in an ESL2/Atlantic League/whatever, similar sized clubs would also get the same amount of money and look to sign the same players. Difference is that they would then be competing against Ajax, Porto etc rather than Scottish clubs. They wouldn’t suddenly turn into Real Madrid

No they wouldn't, but presumably they would have much better tv money than now. Scotland has one of the worst tv deals in Europe and that would raise income to the levels the teams you quote have. If Killie had the tv money that most clubs outside of the top four/five leagues have we would be able to attract better managers and players. 

More from Jurgen Klopp: "I'm 53. Since I've been in professional football, the Champions League has been there. My aim was always to coach a team there. I have no issues with the Champions League.
"I like the competitive aspect of football. I like that West Ham might play in the Champions League. I don't want them to because we want to but I like they have the chance. What can I say? It's not easy.
"What I want to say as well, I've heard a few things but what I really don't like, Liverpool football club is much more than some decisions. The most important part of football are the supporters and the team. We have to make sure nothing gets between that. I've heard there are banners but the players didn't do anything wrong. We have to all stick together. We can show nobody has to walk alone in these moments. There are things to sort but nothing to do with the football or the relationship between the supporters and the team.
"In tough times you have to show you stick together. It doesn't mean you have to agree with everything but again the boys did nothing wrong. I want to make sure everyone knows that.
"I understand it. I am in a different position. I don't have all informations. I don't know exactly why the 12 clubs did it. I know some things will change with football in the future. Some things have to change in football that is for sure.
"Usually you have to prepare these kinds of things, it takes time."

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

As much as I’d hope Carragher and Neville’s outrage is genuine, there’s a bit of me wonders if they’re upset as football fans or Sky employees?

I'd imagine Sky have been sat round a table a some point previously to discuss a deal for this.