Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Hoped that too. Motherwell got Shields announced early. Could do with a couple announced to give us all a wee boost.

I imagine we will see some this week. We really need to have a good 80 % of the squad done for pre season so they can all gel and get used to one another. 

14 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I imagine we will see some this week. We really need to have a good 80 % of the squad done for pre season so they can all gel and get used to one another. 

This is repeated by somebody every year, just like trying to get replica strips out early, nobody listens. We accept the dregs left at the end.

4 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

This is repeated by somebody every year, just like trying to get replica strips out early, nobody listens. We accept the dregs left at the end.

Given that we need basically a full new team I would hope we do business a lot earlier this year. Noises from TW were that he prefers to sort out transfers early.

we shall see!

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Having looked at the top scorers for last season. Boyce finished top on 14, then a gap to Mcmannus on only 9. Queen of South centre back had 9. 

Innes Cameron despite only playing 20 games a few of them subs appearances got 7 goals. 

Daniel Armstrong who plays wide and we are interested in got 6 and 4 assists in 26 games. 

A player in that league who can get 15/20 goals a season will be imperative to our success. Lafferty could get 25 in that league if we were willing to give him 2 year deal as top earner and maybe captain. It’s whether he’s made his money and is happy becoming a potential Killie hero or not. 

71F8F200-FDC9-4624-A455-3B0860CE90F7.png

Agree we need to get good goalscorer(s) and if Lafferty stays that will be class but supposed quality in this league doesn't automatically transfer into goals. Remember Boyd and Miller were at Rangers in championship and were pants. Neither got more than 10 goals.

We can't put our eggs in one basket in terms of strikers, need to spread the load if we can. To be fair last season was one of our better in getting multiple players into the goals. Lafferty 12 burke 9 kiltie 8 kabamba and pinnock 5. 

IMO We need to get some midfielders who aren't afraid to have a pop from distance, the number of times Dicker and power got the ball at the edge of the box in the past few years and either passed it back or to the side was horrendous. 

32 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

We can't put our eggs in one basket in terms of strikers, need to spread the load if we can. To be fair last season was one of our better in getting multiple players into the goals. Lafferty 12 burke 9 kiltie 8 kabamba and pinnock 5. 

IMO We need to get some midfielders who aren't afraid to have a pop from distance, the number of times Dicker and power got the ball at the edge of the box in the past few years and either passed it back or to the side was horrendous. 

Agree with both these points.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I can't see Conway anywhere near RP, he hates us.... but what do I know ?

The amount of players that actually "hate" a football club will be miniscule. If 36 year old Craig Conway was offered a deal in the town where some of his businesses are he'd have that contract signed before the ink was dry on the printer.

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Armstrong next I’d imagine

Armstrong and MacDonald in the next few days would be my guess. 

3 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

The amount of players that actually "hate" a football club will be miniscule. If 36 year old Craig Conway was offered a deal in the town where some of his businesses are he'd have that contract signed before the ink was dry on the printer.

Armstrong and MacDonald in the next few days would be my guess. 

He’ll have changed his tune then, he said a couple of years ago that he’d never sign for us as long as we have that pitch.