Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

Nineteen (at least) players out, including four on loan. 

So far, just seven in.

I don't expect all 19 to be replaced and the likes of Burke, Connell and Brindley might resign.

But progress on recruitment has been slow, with training recommencing in two days time. Evidence that persuading players to come to the Championship is proving difficult?

Edited by skygod

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

So far, just six in.

Slow progress with training recommencing in two days time. Evidence that persuading players to come to the Championship is proving difficult?

the championship and no doubt the pitch as well playing its part 

Last season we had a clueless nice guy in charge if decisions...

This year we have an edoerienced manager who is used to buiding a TEAM and squad with a purpose and in the same market we are shopping in.

Leave it to himx and imo we will have a squad which is more than capabke of getting us promoted without the supposed superstar signings.

57 minutes ago, skygod said:

So far, just seven in.

I don't expect all 19 to be replaced and the likes of Burke, Connell and Brindley might resign.

But progress on recruitment has been slow, with training recommencing in two days time. Evidence that persuading players to come to the Championship is proving difficult?

Interesting looking at one of thr blogs on transfers that there's barely been any transfers in the top flight either. 

Wonder if we are still in the few weeks where players go off on holiday and mull over decisions? 

Edited by mitch14

Assuming we go with squad of 25 with experience and some youth to pad it out. Here is what we have an potentially need.

17 players signed potentially 18 with Burke. 7 to go x2 Keepers, A starting 10, Starting striker, back up striker, back up CB, Winger/Cm?

1. New starting Keeper

2. Aaron Mcgowan

3. Brandon Haunstrup or replacement 

4. Chris Stokes 

5. Euan Murray 

6. Alan Power 

7. Rory McKenzie 

8. Scott Robinson 

9. New starting Striker 

10. New Attacking Mid 

11. Daniel Armstrong 

12. New Right Back (Naismith or Bennett?) 

13. Sub Goalie

14. Blair Alston 

15. Jack Sanders 

16. Stephen Mcginn 

17. Innes Cameron 

18. Calum Waters 

19.  Kyle Connell 

20. Tomas Brindley 

21. Steven Warnock 

22. Curtis Lyle 

23. Additional CB (3rd/4th choice)

24. Striker (to compete with 9, Connell, Cameron)

25. Chris Burke ?

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

Wonder if we are still in the few weeks where players go off on holiday and mull over decisions? 

We are dealing in the free agent market where negotiations can commence on 1 January so the groundwork could already have been  underway, but relegation probably forced a major rethink.

Anyway, I see Lyle, Connell and Brindley have resigned for undivulged terms.

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

We are dealing in the free agent market where negotiations can commence on 1 January so the groundwork could already have been  underway, but relegation probably forced a major rethink.

Anyway, I see Lyle, Connell and Brindley have resigned for undivulged terms.

Most of the too flight is dealing in the free market too, to be fair, but agreed in terms of having players lined up. 

I get the impression we might be a lot of players second choice, ie they'll hold out for a bit to see if there's a bite in the Premiership 

(Don't mean all this to massively defend the club by the way, I hope we speed up too - just thought it interesting there's wasn't much movement elsewhere either)

I think as we all probably thought recruitment is difficult. As previous commentators have said clubs in Scottish football seem to go after the same players. We had this issue in the Premier league where we struggled to bring in players when other teams are interested. The delay now will be we are either waiting on players /agents.

We were never going to keep up this current recruitment pace but so far we don't have anywhere near a squad with 3 and a half weeks until we play East Kilbride. The preseason get to know you trip in Ireland sounds good until you realise have the players might not be in yet. The disaster will be if we can't attract the players we need, could be a long season at that rate. 

18 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

(Don't mean all this to massively defend the club by the way, I hope we speed up too - just thought it interesting there's wasn't much movement elsewhere either)

I don't mean to attack the club; I just think they are finding it tough. 

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

I don't mean to attack the club; I just think they are finding it tough. 

Agreed. In one sense we've done better business than I expected in terms of building a solid base, but it all rests on how we fill the remaining spots in the squad. 

I wouldn't be surprised, if a few deals have been done with currently English based players, who will appear at training on Friday

No point in these Covid times, having players come up before they need to

Go Conor ?

(Yes, I do know we have signed a couple from down South already)

Edited by Killie Conman

2 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

I wouldn't be surprised, if a few deals have been done with currently English based players, who will appear at training on Friday

No point in these Covid times, having players come up before they need to

Go Conor ?

(Yes, I do know we have signed a couple from down South already)

Give us a clue then!