Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

8 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

The problem with Boyd coaching is that he did stuff instictively, he didnt really learn how to score goals or be in the right place at the right time he just did it.

Im not sure theres a lot he actually would be able to pass on, other than having had the younger strikers watching him.

yep. If he'd made an effort to get faster or leaner, he could have played at a much higher level than he did too. Relied on his natural talent only

14 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Definitely not out of our league given he played the first half of last season with Dundee in the Championship. I’d sign him although not to the detriment of having more money to spend on a striker

42 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Chris Maguire has also been released by Sunderland, it was reported yesterday morning he was having a medical at Lincoln City but so far no news of him signing with them....

I'd have thought we would be able to compete with the likes of Lincoln if we showed any interest.

Edited by C4mmy31

23 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Chris Maguire has also been released by Sunderland, it was reported yesterday morning he was having a medical at Lincoln City but so far no news of him signing with them....

I'd have thought we would be able to compete with the likes of Lincoln if we showed any interest.

They finished joint on points in League One with Sunderland last season. What makes you think we could "compete" with them financially? 

4 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

They finished joint on points in League One with Sunderland last season. What makes you think we could "compete" with them financially? 

Whats points got to do with the amount of money Lincoln can offer him?

or

Do you think we can't compete with a smaller English League one club?

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

or

Where they finished is an indication of money being spent. Look at the salary estimations on Salary Sport - obviously won't be to the penny - but gives you an idea of what clubs like Lincoln City are paying. There's no way Kilmarnock can match that. For context, you have to go down 14 or 15 players in their list 'til you reach what we're paying Chris Burke e.g.

So yes, we can't compete with teams in League One like Lincoln. We're a Scottish Championship side now. 

Screenshot_20210707_104034_com.android.chrome.jpg.0bc235619a3c7d1ff3635349eec763bd.jpg

Just now, historyman said:

We may be a Scottish Championship now but we have a board that has already said our budget will be that of a Scottish Premiership side. Not every side’s budget will be decided by their league position for every player in their squad. 

I get that, but I took it with a pinch of salt at the time and still do now. Being a Championship side does mean it will be more difficult to attract players - and what we're capable of offering isn't going to move the needle much I'm afraid. If Chris Maguire is offered a deal in what is on paper a better league and on more money then he'd be silly not to take it and we'd be silly to even think about trying to match it. 

59 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

Definitely not out of our league given he played the first half of last season with Dundee in the Championship. I’d sign him although not to the detriment of having more money to spend on a striker

Might have offers from premiership clubs on another note Cummings isn’t in the Dundee team for last nights friendly and with rumours of Sheridan and Stewart signing.He might be looking for a club.Proven championship scorer 

2 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Might have offers from premiership clubs on another note Cummings isn’t in the Dundee team for last nights friendly and with rumours of Sheridan and Stewart signing.He might be looking for a club.Proven championship scorer 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave tbh, the reactions in the chandelier video say it all. If Tommy can handle him then its a yes all day long - but I fear he's even more of a challenge than Lafferty was. 

20 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Where they finished is an indication of money being spent. Look at the salary estimations on Salary Sport - obviously won't be to the penny - but gives you an idea of what clubs like Lincoln City are paying. There's no way Kilmarnock can match that. For context, you have to go down 14 or 15 players in their list 'til you reach what we're paying Chris Burke e.g.

So yes, we can't compete with teams in League One like Lincoln. We're a Scottish Championship side now. 

Screenshot_20210707_104034_com.android.chrome.jpg.0bc235619a3c7d1ff3635349eec763bd.jpg

That looks like another one of these sites that gets their info based on speculation or guesswork with no hardened facts to base it on other than Football Manager or a bloke down the pub said....

29 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

That looks like another one of these sites that gets their info based on speculation or guesswork with no hardened facts to base it on other than Football Manager or a bloke down the pub said....

I said it wasn't going to be fully accurate. Looking at the Killie one though I'd say its not a million miles off.

Point is though - Lincoln City are no longer a small Conference team, they're a side that have genuine ambitions to get into the Championship. Its silly to think if both Kilmarnock and them are interested in a player that they'll choose us at present. Plus, he's not even a striker - spunking Lafferty-esque wages on another winger isn't what we need to be doing. 

Edited by Cill Mheàrnaig

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Now confirmed to have signed for Lincoln

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I get that, but I took it with a pinch of salt at the time and still do now. Being a Championship side does mean it will be more difficult to attract players - and what we're capable of offering isn't going to move the needle much I'm afraid. If Chris Maguire is offered a deal in what is on paper a better league and on more money then he'd be silly not to take it and we'd be silly to even think about trying to match it. 

So, exactly the same as it is for every other offer for every other player then. They will take the best on offer. No surprise. And that appears to be Lincoln. Clearly doesn’t have a major concerns with quality of life. 

Edited by historyman

4 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

At 34 no thanks. 

We've just got rid of some midfielders of around that age.

Didn't do much at Dundee.

4 goals in 23 games in a poor A League. 

There will be Championship teams who'll take a punt on him - don't think we'll be one of them.

Could see him going back to Partick for a year before the inevitable move to East Kilbride.

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

or

Doubt we could compete with them financially , average crowd of nearly 10000 and 5400 season ticket holders. Add to that a much better TV deal and at a tough guess you are looking at double the playing budget.