Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

12 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I always assume managers are playing things down in press conferences, but I'd be a bit nervous with just Innes and one other striker for the season. 

This, but maybe depending on the type of utility player, ie are they a winger/forward/ACM or a utility player more used to cover the defensive positions? Ideally I hoped for 2 strikers to come in. Injuries, suspensions etc will all have their role to play so I'd be more confident if we had 3 players who's ultimate position is a striker - Cameron + two others.

15 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I always assume managers are playing things down in press conferences, but I'd be a bit nervous with just Innes and one other striker for the season. 

They have Robinson and Connell down as strikers. So with Cameron and the other transfer that is giving us 4 strikers. The utility player could be more of an attacker rather than a defensive player so that could potentially be 5 to choose from. The big thing for this year is we appear to have midfielders who get in on the goals aswell as defenders.

Goals will be coming from all over the park this season where in the last few that hasn't happened and we have relied heavily on our misfiring strikers.

9 hours ago, skygod said:

I thought he left the club and went to play for Western Sydney in Australia.

You can’t get much further out of the picture. 

That was a Dorrans.Cum dog was in the stand at there last game but with rumours abound that Stewart and Sheridan are signing he might be available.Would probably be up there with the best centre in the championship.On paper anyway 

On 7/7/2021 at 10:40 AM, C4mmy31 said:

Whats points got to do with the amount of money Lincoln can offer him?

or

Do you think we can't compete with a smaller English League one club?

Goal keeper Hamilton signed for Morton because Morton offered him more than Killie and you think we can compete with the smaller English league clubs ?

13 minutes ago, Mebot said:

Goal keeper Hamilton signed for Morton because Morton offered him more than Killie and you think we can compete with the smaller English league clubs ?

Wouldn't it maybe more that Morton guaranteed him the first team keeper's jersey?

And maybe TW offered him what he thought he was worth, given (at the time) we'd got Hemming in, but Morton offered more as they had no-one?

Also, and I don't want to labour the point, but we've recently signed a few players from smaller English league clubs. 

Edited by Mogwai

45 minutes ago, Mebot said:

It looks like we were after someone else (Walker) but had Hamilton on trial incase the deal didn’t go through. 

We signed Walker so no deal was offered to Hamilton and he then got a deal with Morton.

7 hours ago, Mebot said:

I’m willing to bet we didn’t even make him an offer. 

7 hours ago, Mebot said:

Absolute mince, it was clear from the way his time training was being handled that he wasnt even plan B or C if we even offered him any hope of aigning at all.

6 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57681998

Someone had mentioned before about other squads in the championship. Having a look at the ins and outs of the other teams in the league and, not to tempt fate, but they seem really poor compared to us. 

before we write off the squads of the championship sides we should remember the second best team in the championship ripped us a new one, twice, last season.

12 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

before we write off the squads of the championship sides we should remember the second best team in the championship ripped us a new one, twice, last season.

They're not in the Championship this season. Don't concern yourself with them.

45 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

im not i am worried about the rest of them. we shouldnt write anyone off, as we have assembled a squad and we have no idea of how it will work.

Try actually looking at the squads in the rest of the league. There's not another squad in the league with anything like the quality Dundee had. Our squad, on paper anyway, is stronger than the rest of the league. Also, most squads have undergone pretty serious overhauls too. There's no Hearts, there's no Dundee. Absolutely nobody else should be anything to worry about based on the players they have available.

Not to say we will stroll the league, anything can happen but people are absolutely right in the assessment of the low quality in the league.