Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

Just now, Jackwilson said:

Connell, Cameron, Burrell. Even Robinson can play there and you’re wanting another 2? 

I wouldnt class connell as an out and out striker maybe i should have said one then and when i say one i meant an out and out goalscorer .As much as i enjoyed camerons performance the other night i dont think he will be prolific scorer .dont see robinson as a striker at all .not seen burrell so cant comment .

6 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

Two more strikers needed im my opinion .i know cameron had a good night against ayr but he can be inconsistent .Need another couple of options even just for a different approach in a match 

Two would be great, but I think it'll just be one. We've got Connell and Burrell and we still have Robinson to come back who could be played up front on his own or with Cameron.

I'd be ecstatic with two, but happy with one proven goalscorer.

Just now, Mogwai said:

Two would be great, but I think it'll just be one. We've got Connell and Burrell and we still have Robinson to come back who could be played up front on his own or with Cameron.

I'd be ecstatic with two, but happy with one proven goalscorer.

7 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

You want 5 strikers when we only play 1? Crazy

We wont always be playing 1 striker also 

2 hours ago, dasboag said:

Agree about the need for another striker defo, but either way you're going to have to get used to us dominating games with little to show.  

I would say all but Dunfermline, Caley and  mibbe Raith will park the bus at RP - we are the big guns this year and TW has signed a really strong squad.

I think the biggest challenge is for us to keep calm and be positive towards our team at home; the goals will come in almost every game.  Our record for patience in games at RP recently years is not great.

Agreed. And I think that has helped shape TWs ethos- he's tried to bring in players throughout the squad who can score goals. It would be sensational to bring in a 20 goals man but Murrat x2, Alston, Burke, Armstrong, Polwarth, Robinson each weighing in will see us win more games or take a point even when we are struggling.

As good as Greg Stewart was for us he isn’t an out and out no 9. He was always dropping deep to get the ball and carrying it as well as running in channels. If we want someone to lead the line by himself I’m not sure he’s the man. 

I think he’s well suited to that 10 role we’ve been playing but we’ve already got Alston, Robinson, Polworth and possibly even McKenzie that can play it. Plus then we’d still need to play Cameron or someone else in front of him. 

My guess would be TW is after more of a conventional striker than Stewart so I suspect we won’t see him back at RP. 

4 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Instagram to four top target for no9 striker 

Greg Stewart (free agent

Nadir Ciftci (free agent)

Calum Hendry (st Johnstone)

Steve May (st Johnstone)

Hendry would be a candidate given he was surplus to requirements last season and loaned to Aberdeen but he played most of the game last weekend and May came on as a sub. Finnish striker coming in so one of them and the Saints /TW connection might swing it. 

I'd be surprised if Stevie May and Callum Hendry weren't 1 of the 2 options. Players that TW knows well. Lee Erwin could be  shout as well. Looking at the premiership squads there's not a lot of clubs that a have and abundance of strikers but St Johnstone and St Mirren are 2 that are maybe a little top heavy in that department with players who might see themselves as 1st team players

I don't know if May has fallen out of favour or fell away at the end of last season but there was a period last season where he was excellent and I'd be surprised if he was a player that St Johnstone were looking to let go.

Agree with the post above about Stewart and the type of player he is. He's extremely talented and he did pick up a decent tally for us but he plays off a striker, it's weird that people are calling for an out and out striker and also name dropping Stewart. I'm not saying he wouldn't score the 15 goals that people are looking for but he's never picked up 15 goals before. He would be an incredible signing if even remotely possible though.

Don't think Erwin is likely to score many at any level.

29 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I don't know if May has fallen out of favour or fell away at the end of last season but there was a period last season where he was excellent and I'd be surprised if he was a player that St Johnstone were looking to let go.

Agree with the post above about Stewart and the type of player he is. He's extremely talented and he did pick up a decent tally for us but he plays off a striker, it's weird that people are calling for an out and out striker and also name dropping Stewart. I'm not saying he wouldn't score the 15 goals that people are looking for but he's never picked up 15 goals before. He would be an incredible signing if even remotely possible though.

Don't think Erwin is likely to score many at any level.

Speaking to a st johnstone fan the other day. May is a bit part player for them now, would be an ok addition but not the guy we need to score us 10-15 goals imo