Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

I never minded Lee Erwin when he played with us, although thought he was a decent technical player. However i don't think he is what we are needing at the moment. I've always seen him as a 2nd striker and think he does his best work in and around the edge of the box. He's never been a prolific goalscorer anywhere he's played which makes me question if he'd be the right signing for us. Maybe a drop in level to the Championship might be different but i don't see it

I wouldn’t be too unhappy with Erwin. He was part of a team that had Boyd and Brophy as a front two meaning chances were limited. On form, (I know what’s one of the main issue here) he’s as good if not better than any other striker in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Twonky65 said:

Did you not watch him last year? Helped relegate us. Anonymous for 30/38 games

In however long Greg was at the club. He played a half decent part in 2 seasons. 

We stayed up in the play offs the 1st time, and we were relegated the 2nd time.

Erwin - no thanks as he is not the answer, liked him when he was here but we do not create the chances he needs (I know Burke eas crosstastic against Ayr but that will now be well sussed by all our rivals). 

We need a striker who can beat a man which is not Erwins game.

Greg Stewart fits the bill of what we need. Long shot but here's hoping!

49 minutes ago, G said:

Can’t help but feel that Kiltie would’ve made a huge contribution to this side.

Kiltie had a go. In fact, had several goes and didn't hold a starting place for one reason or another. 

He's a St Mirren player now so all the best but not Killie related anymore 

4 minutes ago, IMO said:

Erwin - no thanks as he is not the answer, liked him when he was here but we do not create the chances he needs (I know Burke eas crosstastic against Ayr but that will now be well sussed by all our rivals). 

We need a striker who can beat a man which is not Erwins game.

Greg Stewart fits the bill of what we need. Long shot but here's hoping!

Greg Stewart isn’t a Number 9

2 hours ago, G said:

Can’t help but feel that Kiltie would’ve made a huge contribution to this side.

He's a 'good player' no doubt, but he'll be in and out of that St Mirren side just like he was ours, with some fans saying he's pish, and others increasing his perceived value exponentially every game that he doesn't play.  I just think he's an old-fashioned style of player that doesn't suit the game here currently, and whose influence on those games is not telling enough to justify being a 'big player' in a squad.

With the others mentioned elsewhere:

Stewart crazy not to go for him if he were within our budget....but I don't think hes a TW style of player.  He might end up being more like his Aberdeen form when McInnes "couldn't work him". 

Erwin - didn't mind him before, but to me hes just an older, nomadic version of Cameron....so I'd rather just play Cameron to see if he comes good proper.

May - depends which Stevie May we're getting.  I'd be happy enough to get him but he could easily be a good forward who is a very low scorer.

Hendry - I'll be honest I've not seen too much of him, but can't help think he'd be another 'project' that may or may not work.  happy to give him a shot.

Clark - now we're talking.  For this team in this league, I think he would be a perfect fit.  Honestly think we would romp some games with him up top.  A worker, experienced, good technique and 'streetwise' to the level we're playing at.  Clark would be my first choice for the current squad all day long.

Edited by dasboag