Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

I just always felt Kiltie wasn’t quite premier league standard but would be a great championship player. However, that ship has sailed. Think he would’ve slotted in well with the type of player TW has brought in.

1 hour ago, dasboag said:

He's a 'good player' no doubt, but he'll be in and out of that St Mirren side just like he was ours, with some fans saying he's pish, and others increasing his perceived value exponentially every game that he doesn't play.  I just think he's an old-fashioned style of player that doesn't suit the game here currently, and whose influence on those games is not telling enough to justify being a 'big player' in a squad.

With the others mentioned elsewhere:

Stewart crazy not to go for him if he were within our budget....but I don't think hes a TW style of player.  He might end up being more like his Aberdeen form when McInnes "couldn't work him". 

Erwin - didn't mind him before, but to me hes just an older, nomadic version of Cameron....so I'd rather just play Cameron to see if he comes good proper.

May - depends which Stevie May we're getting.  I'd be happy enough to get him but he could easily be a good forward who is a very low scorer.

Hendry - I'll be honest I've not seen too much of him, but can't help think he'd be another 'project' that may or may not work.  happy to give him a shot.

Clark - now we're talking.  For this team in this league, I think he would be a perfect fit.  Honestly think we would romp some games with him up top.  A worker, experienced, good technique and 'streetwise' to the level we're playing at.  Clark would be my first choice for the current squad all day long.

I don't think May's scoring record is all that much different to Greg Stewart's.

8 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

I wonder if Stevie May (playing against Galatasaray) will have the stamina and ability to manage scoring goals for Killie in the championship?! 

If you're not getting a touch of the ball, it doesn't matter who you're playing against.