Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

7 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Broadfoot will probably have the game of his life so could do with someone mobile to give him the run around

I'd guess the game of his life is long gone by now, whenever that game was. I agree we need a new striker (everyone does) but i would also back Innes Cameron to give him a torrid time, and he wouldnt even have an Ibsen Rossi to blame.

17 hours ago, Guff92 said:

“Out and out goal scorer”.

Who was the last out and out goal scorer we had? Kris Boyd the season we nearly went down? That’s the last time we had a striker scoring 20+ goals a season.

Greg Stewart scores goals and creates goals. But isn’t an out and out goal scorer because he doesn’t stand in the box waiting on the ball coming to him? ? 

If Greg Stewart comes in and gets 12-15 goals as well as creating chances for Innes we win the league as long as the defence stays fit and solid.

@Beaker71 is right, if for some reason it happened the rest of the league would be very worried. 

I don’t even know how this is a debate ?

The rest of the names that are kicking about are average. 

Kyle Lafferty, with 12 goals in 11 games (according to Wikipedia)?

6 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I'd guess the game of his life is long gone by now, whenever that game was. I agree we need a new striker (everyone does) but i would also back Innes Cameron to give him a torrid time, and he wouldnt even have an Ibsen Rossi to blame.

Pure Championship podcast said he looked like he was struggling big time last weekend.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Pure Championship podcast said he looked like he was struggling big time last weekend.

When your legs go they go, and rhe head needs ro intervene and say enough.  KBs legs were away under Allessio and he shouldve canned it at the end of the truncated covid season.

22 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Kyle Lafferty with 0 goals in 2 games against Dundee is the stat that matters.

I sense you're still quite bitter about the whole relegation thing plus the fact that someone maybe corrected you on the striker stats.  Time to move on and realise we are a Championship level side now.  Oh, I still think we need an "out and out" striker, you know one similar to Lafferty who scored many a goal for us and gave us a fighting chance in the playoffs (if it wasn't for him we'd have been bottom of the table).  If I were a defender would I want to play against a striker of IC stature or GS stature.  I'm picking the latter all day long but that's just my opinion.  Let's see who TW brings in over the next few days!

5 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

I sense you're still quite bitter about the whole relegation thing plus the fact that someone maybe corrected you on the striker stats.  Time to move on and realise we are a Championship level side now.  Oh, I still think we need an "out and out" striker, you know one similar to Lafferty who scored many a goal for us and gave us a fighting chance in the playoffs (if it wasn't for him we'd have been bottom of the table).  If I were a defender would I want to play against a striker of IC stature or GS stature.  I'm picking the latter all day long but that's just my opinion.  Let's see who TW brings in over the next few days!

You’ve got the wrong guy, I’m not bitter about the ex players who, I quote “helped send us down” as majority of posters would say. 

See the St Mirren thread for reference ??

15 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Pushing our own talents to the back again with the signing of Burrell.

This move is crazy from us imo considering Connell has twice as much experience as burrell has. 

Will wish him the best of luck thought.

IMO this is nonsense, the chances of Connell getting a regular game is low, rherefore its better for his development to go on loan and PLAY.

Look at the difference in Cameron after a good dolid half a season with Alloa, playing every week.  He left a wee boy and has come back a different entity altogether.

10 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

He was on the bench for Bournemouth V West Brom last night....