Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

2 hours ago, Alan56 said:

Losing in the cup v Hibs without signing a new striker is one thing but for that to happen next weekend v hamilton might be seen by some as the club dragging their feet and not learning from last season.

I’m not sure it’s quite as bad as not learning our lessons from last season or the season before for that matter. 

It seems a fairly unanimous opinion that all we need at the moment is a striker(or two). Look at last season and we are talking about keeper, defender, midfield and striker at this stage even after we had a fairly busy window and the remnants of what could have been a strong squad. AA’s season we felt he still needed backed in the market right up until he was sacked as he hadn’t got near the players we required.

I want us to boost our attacking options but I’m more comfortable with us where we are than where we were previously. There could of course be madness in my opinion as we are looking to win a league not just compete with the rest 

I was told yesterday that there is talks with a striker ... and it could be a decent one.  

I think we might try for a 6month loan as well to cover Burrell being out.

At the back we have McGowan and Sanders to fill in.

Edit: If the boat needs pushed then I think the board will do so within reason.

Edited by chubbs

8 hours ago, Jackwilson said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us sign Gavin Reilly until January. Works for us as a replacement backup striker until Burrell is back from injury, and works for Livi as they’re wanting him out on loan until January to get more game time 

Gavin Reilly perfectly fine at this level. 

Would walk into our team

4 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

How much wages are we paying Burrell? The season is only 9 months long, he is missing at least 2 months.

We did this last season with the young GK and paid him till January to then go back, who's to say the same won't happen here?

I'd send him back and use the wage on another player.

That's easy enough to say, but may stop other clubs being willing to deal with us. 

Doubt we will be covering much of his wage.

54 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

How much wages are we paying Burrell? The season is only 9 months long, he is missing at least 2 months.

We did this last season with the young GK and paid him till January to then go back, who's to say the same won't happen here?

I'd send him back and use the wage on another player.

Don’t think you can just send a player back because he has picked up an injury!

6 minutes ago, Jasg said:

Don’t think you can just send a player back because he has picked up an injury!

Many clubs do with loan signings, will depend on the length of time any such player is set to miss, often the parent club will want any rehab done by their staff 

3 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Many clubs do with loan signings, will depend on the length of time any such player is set to miss, often the parent club will want any rehab done by their staff 

There’s a difference between the player going back to his parent club for treatment and us sending him back looking for a refund!

Don’t forget we are beholden to Boro for Hemming too. 

Edited by skygod

7 hours ago, chubbs said:

I was told yesterday that there is talks with a striker ... and it could be a decent one.  

I think we might try for a 6month loan as well to cover Burrell being out.

At the back we have McGowan and Sanders to fill in.

Edit: If the boat needs pushed then I think the board will do so within reason.

Any names or are you just teasing?

5 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Surely lafferty must have completed another 6 week sabbatical by now. He will be on the market again surely.

To be fair this and Stewart are the ones im thinking sbout.

Althoigh he sat on the bench for 2 years at best for Sevco, any time he got on he still looked a player.

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Surely lafferty must have completed another 6 week sabbatical by now. He will be on the market again surely.

That crazy thought went through my head too. Things maybe not working out as hoped in Cyprus and if family still over here then missing them.

Departure left a sour note though and weren’t ‘Well interested. Can’t see it happening but you just never know. 

Why Stewart isn’t with someone else by now is a mystery. Who wouldn’t want him in our side. Maybe a deal till January to get him in the shop window for another shot at a higher level would be the tempting offer and if he enjoys till end of the season. 

Imagine them both in the same side ?

2 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Played and scored in the Europa League against Austria Vienna. Not sure he'll be too enthusiastic about swapping the Famagusta beach (well, half of it..) for the Beach Park anytime soon.

No. But I’ll give him until next summer latest. May be one for a glorious return to spl.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

No. But I’ll give him until next summer latest. May be one for a glorious return to spl.

He definitely was a real striker, worth their weight in gold as sir Alex used to say . But he could pay them their weight in gold . 

8 hours ago, jam1869 said:

That's easy enough to say, but may stop other clubs being willing to deal with us. 

Doubt we will be covering much of his wage.

Gavin Reilly has done next to nothing since he played for St Mirren in the Championship and even then he was far from prolific. He has been chased from Bristol Rovers, Carlisle United and now Livingston. We cannot see him as the answer.

Daily Record saying Scott Burns has five transfer exclusives. Wonder if we’ll feature.

First two have been Aberdeen in for Boyle of Hibs and Celtic after another expensive unknown.

Next two are Hibs looking to bring James Scott in from Hull and Dundee United looking at a Finnish striker. If other rumours on here are true then these might impact us.

Final one is County signing a winger on loan from Watford.

Nothing to see here Killie wise

Edited by piffer