Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

17 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Leigh griffiths needs to get away from Celtic. I’d have though Scott brown would be trying to get him to pittodrie on loan till January. I know he signed a 1 year extension but it’s unlikely to play out. Sorry wrong thread. Unless TW ready to bring him to RP.

Tommy Wright want sign Leigh Griffith?

45 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

I don’t think we can afford to be picky. We’re desperate for a striker. I’d bite your mum’s hand off for Griffiths. 

Naw. We can in this case. This is a guy who has hardly kicked a ball for about 3 years for a long list of non-footballing reasons. It was only a month ago he was texting 15 year olds and stalking and filming his neighbour. A fantastic player before he lost the plot completely? Aye. People are well within their rights to be picky when it comes to Griffiths. It's not like he's been on the sidelines staying in shape waiting on an opportunity. If he plays football again then the manager has a huge task getting him in shape and dealing with him while he attempts to get his head straight.

18 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

You probably said you wouldn’t touch lafferty either. 

even half fit Griffiths would tear this league apart imo.

It's not just physical fitness that's his issue. He's not had the mental stability for Celtic to get him on a pitch semi-regularly. How are we supposed to get a season out of him?

30 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It's not just physical fitness that's his issue. He's not had the mental stability for Celtic to get him on a pitch semi-regularly. How are we supposed to get a season out of him?

I feel the pressure of playing for Kilmarnock in the championship instead of playing for Celtic would be a lot less and probably help him to be honest. If there is a slim chance we could get him on loan would should take it.

23 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

I feel the pressure of playing for Kilmarnock in the championship instead of playing for Celtic would be a lot less and probably help him to be honest. If there is a slim chance we could get him on loan would should take it.

Some of these suggestions are bordering on the ridiculous.  We are a Scottish championship club, if Leigh Griffiths became available he would not be joining Killie. Chris Martin is probably on £20k a week, he will not be joining Killie. Maybe look at Dundee/St Johnstone/Hearts fringe players or U23 players from down south. Not established internationals

4 minutes ago, Comeonkillie said:

Some of these suggestions are bordering on the ridiculous.  We are a Scottish championship club, if Leigh Griffiths became available he would not be joining Killie. Chris Martin is probably on £20k a week, he will not be joining Killie. Maybe look at Dundee/St Johnstone/Hearts fringe players or U23 players from down south. Not established internationals

People living in a different world. Need to be realistic here, it's comical some of the suggestions, wouldn't of got these players when Clarke was here, let alone a division down with less quality in the squad.

33 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

c**ts suggesting Goodwillie, Griffiths etc are needing to take a look at themselves. 

Nice to see folks morals go right out the window if it means we will win a few games of fitba. 

Eh, I dont think the poster who suggested Goodwillie was being entirely serious.......?

Although I would agree with the Griffiths bit...not for us.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

Have you ever been told something, and not particularly question it until you then tell someone else - and you immediately realise it's probably bulls**t?

Well I told my Dad this morning we were signing Chris Martin, even still had a flicker of excitement when opening this thread - expecting to hear stories of tweets sent from Glasgow Airport, picking up a sandwich in Tesco etc. 

Bit disappointed tbh.