Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

19 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Always wondered what actually defines a family club. Seems to be mentioned a lot but don’t think we’re any different to every other club in Scotland. 

I don’t have a definition for it, I don’t think there is one… but we’re welcoming and inclusive.  I’d be a hell of a lot more comfortable taking my kids to watch us without Lee Griffiths, or taking them to see Rangers or Celtic for instance. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

I don’t have a definition for it, I don’t think there is one… but we’re welcoming and inclusive.  I’d be a hell of a lot more comfortable taking my kids to watch us without Lee Griffiths, or taking them to see Rangers or Celtic for instance. 

Welcoming and inclusive? We sing about black bastard's - historical context irrelevant.

I don't buy into the theory that we are welcoming either but my evidence is largely anecdotal so that's a matter of opinion.

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Calum Hendry seems a good possibility. 
Scott Burns saying it’s 2 players in premier league we were after and who the clubs they are with are waiting for confirmation of new striker. 

St Johnstone have Kane, May, Ohallaron, Hendry. They are trying to bring in a Finnish boy but work permit is holding it up. 

Hendry I’d like to see us sign on permanent deal instead of a loan. Wouldn’t surprise me if the other one was Erwin from St Mirren as he is kind of in same position as 4th choice.

Gordon Duncan during last weekends Superscoreboard was hinting that Tony Watt wasn't hugely enamoured with his playing time this season. Another that Tommy knows so wonder if he could be an option. 

7 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Celtic have a bid in for a  Greek international striker.Could be the SPL team waiting on another striker coming in.Micky Johnstone isn’t getting much game time a will get even less if another striker is brought in.Would he fancy a loan move to the championship though ? 

He isn’t a striker and he most certainly wouldn’t be coming to us regardless. 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

Celtic have a bid in for a  Greek international striker.Could be the SPL team waiting on another striker coming in.Micky Johnstone isn’t getting much game time a will get even less if another striker is brought in.Would he fancy a loan move to the championship though ? 

Very injury prone 

2 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Gordon Duncan during last weekends Superscoreboard was hinting that Tony Watt wasn't hugely enamoured with his playing time this season. Another that Tommy knows so wonder if he could be an option. 

Didn’t do much for St Johnstone so would be surprised at this but undoubtedly would do a turn for us

Watt would do for me tbh. Doesn't score as many as he should but he has physicality, pace and movement which as well as leading to goals for himself creates a lot of room for others IMHO.

Hendry I see as similar to Cameron but a bit of an upgrade in terms of aggression and finishing. Would take him as well but I don't know if we can afford two.

Griffiths I don't buy the "family club" thing at all - he is a dick and has behavioural problems but he is one of the most talented strikers our country has produced in the last 20 years. Understand others will feel (very) differently.

11 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Watt would do for me tbh. Doesn't score as many as he should but he has physicality, pace and movement which as well as leading to goals for himself creates a lot of room for others IMHO.

Hendry I see as similar to Cameron but a bit of an upgrade in terms of aggression and finishing. Would take him as well but I don't know if we can afford two.

Griffiths I don't buy the "family club" thing at all - he is a dick and has behavioural problems but he is one of the most talented strikers our country has produced in the last 20 years. Understand others will feel (very) differently.

Tommy has already said we could be going after 2 strikers due to the injury to Burrell, but still agree that it would be 1 premiership striker and another youth player from down south.

If Hendry is an option the earliest I could see it happen is next Friday and that’s dependent on the Finnish boy getting a work permit. Can’t see Saints letting an attacking option go without being able to replace for the second leg in Europe. To me he seems the most realistic option at the moment.

If Tony Watt was available I think he’d be a good signing. Offers something different to what we’ve got at the moment. The type you could have in the Championship and would do a job after promotion as well which looks a theme with a few of our signings

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

If Hendry is an option the earliest I could see it happen is next Friday and that’s dependent on the Finnish boy getting a work permit. Can’t see Saints letting an attacking option go without being able to replace for the second leg in Europe. To me he seems the most realistic option at the moment.

If Tony Watt was available I think he’d be a good signing. Offers something different to what we’ve got at the moment. The type you could have in the Championship and would do a job after promotion as well which looks a theme with a few of our signings

Tony watt not one I saw. But I think it would be excellent,  if unlikely, signing. Hendry still the odds on one.

12 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

He isn’t a striker and he most certainly wouldn’t be coming to us regardless. 

He was played through the middle by Lennon in an infirm game and there is more chance of him coming here than teafal head.Though I suspect Wright is trying to get a more physical striker.

We might be in the position of beggars can’t be choosers but I really hope it’s not just loans. Even if it were a season long loan we’ve seen what can happen there with Greg Stewart. Wouldn’t like the title challenge to be derailed because we lost our striker back to their parent club and had to scrape around to find another. 

36 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

We might be in the position of beggars can’t be choosers but I really hope it’s not just loans. Even if it were a season long loan we’ve seen what can happen there with Greg Stewart. Wouldn’t like the title challenge to be derailed because we lost our striker back to their parent club and had to scrape around to find another. 

Loans tend to be where you get players you normally couldn't afford. Stewart is a player we couldn't have signed outright with the wages he was on. He hardly looked enthusiastic when he signed for us if I recall 

2 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Stewart be worth a year deal at least on decent money. Let him get back on track and get us up. 

What if he doesn’t? We are all still thinking about Greg Stewart from 3years ago. He’s barely kicked a ball in anger since then and done nothing of note. He wanted to play for Rangers, he won the league there. Does he still have the motivation or ambition. 

Would I like to see him back at Killie and rediscovering his form? Of course but we have to be realistic. 

Of all the (realistic) names suggested so far I would say Callum Hendry is almost the best option if it’s permanent, still at a very good age for improvement as well. Nicky Clark would be the ideal signing but I think the chances of it being him are very slim.

Also have to say I wouldn’t mind Erwin back permanently providing we were able to bring two strikers in because he certainly isn’t a lone striker but there’s definately a player in there somewhere.