Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

31 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Callum Hendry starting for St Johnstone today, maybe he won’t be one of the strikers we are looking to sign

That deal could be down to Saints getting a work permit for the Finn. With two and a bit days of the window left it’s really running the risk of being another Bachmann waiting game with huge potential to go wrong. 

If Callum Hendry was coming to us surely he wouldn’t be in the St Johnstone team today. I’m not convinced about him or Gavin Reilly. Neither of these players are going to make the difference that we need to break teams down. I’d take Kennedy over either of them. 

I wonder about the credibility of some of the rumours on here. 

5 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

If Callum Hendry was coming to us surely he wouldn’t be in the St Johnstone team today. I’m not convinced about him or Gavin Reilly. Neither of these players are going to make the difference that we need to break teams down. I’d take Kennedy over either of them. 

I wonder about the credibility of some of the rumours on here. 

Reilly is going to Falkirk I believe. 

Not sure where Hendry even started from other than the St Johnstone connection 

16 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Reilly is going to Falkirk I believe. 

Not sure where Hendry even started from other than the St Johnstone connection 

Who says Reilly is going to Falkirk and is it a creditable source? Someone on here has a reliable neighbour who says he has been training with us. Who to believe ?

The link with Hendry was purely due to putting the fact TW knows him from his time at Saints and that he doesn’t appear to be in the long term plans of their manager as he was sent out on loan last season and is only involved thus far until a Finnish striker comes in. 

Still not sure if it’s two strikers coming in or one plus another position. Someone who can make a pass to a striker to give him a chance to score would be nice. 

4 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Kennedy on loan, knows Wright and would give us another creative player. Along with the other two strikers. Would give us another edge we cannot keep relying on wee Burke.

I would definitely take Kennedy. Would star in the championship for sure. Thing is if he’s joining us where is he. Not been involved for the Dons this season so there shouldn’t be any reason to delay unless he’s also thinking over another loan offer from somewhere else. Last minute dot com but I think we will be pleased with who TW and Fowler bring in. 

27 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Kennedy on loan, knows Wright and would give us another creative player. Along with the other two strikers. Would give us another edge we cannot keep relying on wee Burke.

We don’t need another winger, we need a CF who can move, make half intelligent runs, this as much as anything gives the creative players we have options.

fk me even Eremenko couldn’t make Cameron the answer.  If there’s zero movement there’s nothing to hit or create.  If the striker can’t move there’s no point playing the ball into space.

8 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

We don’t need another winger, we need a CF who can move, make half intelligent runs, this as much as anything gives the creative players we have options.

fk me even Eremenko couldn’t make Cameron the answer.  If there’s zero movement there’s nothing to hit or create.  If the striker can’t move there’s no point playing the ball into space.

I think you’re wrong.

Kennedy is better than the wingers we have, bar Burke. Just because we have wingers doesn’t mean we can’t improve the position. Kennedy would improve us.

Just now, Guff92 said:

I think you’re wrong.

Kennedy is better than the wingers we have, bar Burke. Just because we have wingers doesn’t mean we can’t improve the position. Kennedy would improve us.

I’m not denying that, But getting a winger in instead of 2 Strikers would be utter lunacy.

8 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Is Kennedy an out and out winger or could he be played in a more central position? Still can’t believe he won’t have offers from the lower end of the Premiership  ahead of us but you never know. 

4 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Is Kennedy an out and out winger or could he be played in a more central position? Still can’t believe he won’t have offers from the lower end of the Premiership  ahead of us but you never know. 

Played through the middle at youth a few times and looked class. If we had a 3 of him, Burke and Murray interchanging behind a decent striker it would be nice. 

With 2 midfielders holding the fort. We will dominate possession most games, I don’t see the sense in playing a flat midfield 3.

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I’m not denying that, But getting a winger in instead of 2 Strikers would be utter lunacy.

My priority would be two strikers as well.

Worth asking though does a good striker with half the chances score more than a bad striker with more of the chances?

We haven’t created an abundance of chance so far. We could be signing strikers with the expectation of them having an unbelievable goals to shots ratio on current form.

25 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

If had read what I said “along with the two other f**king strikers “

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

My priority would be two strikers as well.

Worth asking though does a good striker with half the chances score more than a bad striker with more of the chances?

We haven’t created an abundance of chance so far. We could be signing strikers with the expectation of them having an unbelievable goals to shots ratio on current form.

Is that not exactly the point. You could have Boyd at his peak up front but if he isn’t getting the service either from wide or midfield then how many will he score?

We literally created zilch yesterday and apart from the two goals v Accies I can’t remember too many other genuine chances in that game either. 

What was evident in Inverness game and to be honest all the games so far this season is we pass it about between defence and midfield then get it to Burke.

the left side is always ignored. If we had a Kennedy on that side it would give us much better chance to mix it up. He’d do well in championship imo.

add a striker aswell and that would be no bad 

4 minutes ago, GCM said:

Totally agree, after first tackle on Burke, Gardyne should have been taken out, got to send a message two can play at that game.

I thought we had signed players who would do that but no one did yesterday. I thought the likes of McGinn, Murray or McGowan might have that nasty streak in them

30 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Is that not exactly the point. You could have Boyd at his peak up front but if he isn’t getting the service either from wide or midfield then how many will he score?

We literally created zilch yesterday and apart from the two goals v Accies I can’t remember too many other genuine chances in that game either. 

We created a good 2/3 chances in the first half yesterday that a decent striker would’ve done better with. There were also a good few chances in the first half vs Accies