Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Confused.…….working away and log on to see lot of updates on this post over past hour, yet nothing about actual transfers 

Found it better back in old days when the “summer transfer”  threads had thier own separate forum 

When a player actually signs, they get their own topic, and is tagged as 'signed' This topic is for speculation.

56 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

For it's worth though - I think that's a bit selective 

Most on the forum will agree with you on the decsisons by the board, me included. But I think we have to update those. 

Keeping Wright probably the correct decision. The budget they've allocated seems decent fiscally while giving us a good team. The signings look wise. Season ticket sales are up and the attendance at the weekend was good. 

One home game has you giving up. The Ayr game was great. The away performance and crowd at Accies was was brilliant. Getting over the line at Queens is good result - will watch Thistle and Caley there with interest. 

Looks pretty certain that there will be strikers in by the end of the week so no one is sleeping on the job in terms of lack of goals. 

I understand it, but my biggest forum frustration is when people extrapolate a season from one game. 

'Play like that and we won't win many games!' is true in the Premiership. Its not against Morton, Arbroath, a s**te Dunfermline and a s**te Ayr. 

Seems mad to me to ignore the last three and suggest Caley is the one that matters. The games have shown the strengths and th weaknesses. We're addressing the weakness and the strengths are positive I reckon. 

Every chance it's a tough battle v Caley and Thistle to go up - but I like our chances so far. 

It’s not one game my friend, far from it. 
Look at the bigger picture. 
Third place in the SPFL with a lot of sellable assets to average team in the championship. That’s the direction of travel. 

48 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

The squad quality has gone down since SC left but that is inevitable for clubs like Killie. When we are doing well other larger clubs become interested in our players. We lost Jones, Stewart, O'Donnell, Taylor, Finlay. 

There is no point comparing the squad now to the one we had when SC was in charge. A better comparison is comparing the players we have now to what we had last season. 

Goalkeepers - better.

Central defenders - better

Midfielders- McGinn and Polworth - better. Alston. I think has done well.

Forwards - this is where the issue is for me. Robinson - injury prone. Fraser Murray - not a winger in my opinion. Armstrong - has done nothing to date. 

We continue to rely on Burke to create most of our chances. 

If we are going to sign Gullan, Shaw, Hendry or any other of the names linked with us are they any better than Murray or Armstrong. 

We need a bit of quality. Of all the names mentioned I'g go for Matty Kennedy. He has a bit of drive and a will to win. He isn't afraid to mix it either. I'd also like to see us signing a player with a goalscoring record whether that is an older player coming down a league or from England. 

If we create better chances we'll score goals. We had a few half chances on Saturday but nothing clear cut. 

There is a long way to go yet. Inverness are nothing special. They simply managed the game and rough housed us. 

One other thing. Naismith seemed to sit off Gardyne the whole game. Perhaps he was frightened of his ability having played with him. He was ICT's main threat. ICT targeted Burke. We should have targeted Gardyne and hit him hard and early. We are too nice at times for our own good. 

Why is there no point in comparing the squad now to the squad under SSC? That’s exactly what I’m doing because that shows precisely the way the club has failed miserably since he left. 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

Third place in the SPFL with a lot of sellable assets to average team in the championship. That’s the direction of travel. 

No that WAS the direction of Travel. Sometimws you need to stop being so endlessly and tediously negative.  You rarely have a good thing to say.

We have lost 1 game we would have thought we should win.  The team oerformance wasnt great.  BUT as I and others have said this is a totally new side, with a glaring gap uo front which the manager is working to fill.

Even with that gap closed, we will still have days like this. Howver this side even in its current state is more than good enoigh to win the league.

Sometimes its better to keep your gob shur, than spout negative mince, and dredging stuff up from 3 seasons ago.  That was then this is now, try enjoying what we all hope will be a 1 season foray into the depths if the championship.

Oh and for a side you keep saying is s**te.  Were equal 2nd, having lost 1 goal in 4 games.  Get a bloody grip

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

Sellable assests are only sellable if they want to be sold, not move to the club of their choice or let their contract run down. 

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

No that WAS the direction of Travel. Sometimws you need to stop being so endlessly and tediously negative.  You rarely have a good thing to say.

We have lost 1 game we would have thought we should win.  The team oerformance wasnt great.  BUT as I and others have said this is a totally new side, with a glaring gap uo front which the manager is working to fill.

Even with that gap closed, we will still have days like this. Howver this side even in its current state is more than good enoigh to win the league.

Sometimes its better to keep your gob shur, than spout negative mince, and dredging stuff up from 3 seasons ago.  That was then this is now, try enjoying what we all hope will be a 1 season foray into the depths if the championship.

Oh and for a side you keep saying is s**te.  Were equal 2nd, having lost 1 goal in 4 games.  Get a bloody grip

Spot on. By far and away the most negative poster on here. 

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

Why is there no point in comparing the squad now to the squad under SSC? That’s exactly what I’m doing because that shows precisely the way the club has failed miserably since he left. 

Because that was 4 f**king years ago.

Because is tediously repwtituve negativity

Because the manager, league and squad are totally inrelated now.

Its this sort if navel gazing introspection which stops us looking at what we need NOw, and enjoying a hopefully singke year amongst the also rans and has beens.

20 minutes ago, CB said:

When a player actually signs, they get their own topic, and is tagged as 'signed' This topic is for speculation.

About potential transfers though I would take it ? 

We will see Reilly at RP then , for an opposition team…..another one off the list of previously supposed potential targets m though not sure we would been interested 

19 minutes ago, historyman said:

Are we not allowed three wins out of four with a brand new squad and one goal conceded as a direction of travel? It seems a reasonable one to me to allow for some cautious optimism 

Don't want to derail the transfer thread further - you're entitled to your opinion. We could well stagnate etc but I reckon we're in a decent position 

14 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

TW said two signings almost done, But also said we have a month we're the Loan Market can be looked at... How many loans I wonder... Not been many that stood out..... In the last couple of years. Del Fabro and Bachmann being the exceptions imo. 

McAleney and Hamalainen were decent  I thought

2 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

This is the part I have the issue with. You keep banging on, and on, and on as if this is just like last year - but you are missing out one massive difference. 

Aye, we were poor on Saturday but based on our results this season so far it was a one-off. Hemming made a blunder aye, but a few weeks ago people were claiming he’s the best keeper we have had in years, but now that he has made one error he’s being compared to Doyle. 

It’s absolute nonsense. Genuinely f**king despair at some of the pish I have seen on here since Saturday. Folk acting like spoiled wee old firm fans who think we have a divine right to win every game. 

We knew we would lose games this season, so why the absolute outrage now that it’s happened? 4 games played - 3 won, 1 lost, 1 goal conceded. Nothing to worry about there. 

Suggest you're overreacting yourself.

2 hours ago, historyman said:

And here’s the problem I have. Hemings plays two games and fans think he’s the best keeper we’ve had for years when quite clearly he’s not. Fans think Haunstrup is a player, Haunstrup, good god give me a break! They also think Polworth, Alston and the other journeymen that we have brought in are also good players. 
When in reality the quality of the squad has gone way down, we’ve gone from 3rd place finish and European qualification to relegation in two seasons, we are struggling to bring through young players and are spending less on youth development and to top it all we are cutting the capacity of the stadium by putting in Portacabins which we could sell out to the old firm every time they come. 
To sum up, other than appointing SSC as manager and letting him get on with it I really can’t remember when the board made a decision I agreed with - although I did think TW was the right choice but I’m certainly not convinced now. 
My health isn’t good and I thought for a long time before getting a season ticket. Saturday was my first live game since Feb 2020. I was looking forward to it enormously but yet again the team don’t turn up. I’m now getting to stage where I’ll find other things to do in a Saturday like read for example. I’ve just finished a book about Ajax and how their club was run from top to bottom. Mr Bowie should maybe have a read at it because we appear to have no strategy or direction in place for the club, decisions eg portacabins seem to be taken on a whim and not thought through. 
My concern is very much that the decline continues and we end up like Falkirk, Dunfermline etc and are no longer seen as a top league club. Certainly at the the moment I don’t see the club being run in a way that would make me think otherwise. However, I’ve shed enough tears and spent enough pounds on Killie over the years and it’s not me that’s sitting in the boardroom. My conscience is clear. 

Well said Sir. Nothing I have seen suggests that we'll get promoted this year or that there's a long term plan and strategy for the club. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but time will tell. 

1 minute ago, cammy2012 said:

Well said Sir. Nothing I have seen suggests that we'll get promoted this year or that there's a long term plan and strategy for the club. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but time will tell. 

So winning our opening 3 games just counts for nothing then because we lost 1 game?