Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Why is there no point in comparing the squad now to the squad under SSC? That’s exactly what I’m doing because that shows precisely the way the club has failed miserably since he left. 

There is no point because we were a team challenging for 3rd with the best manager we have had in a generation. 

It was also a long time ago now. You have to compare where we are now with the team that got us relegated. 

Looking back at the club under SC will get you nowhere as we can’t do anything about it now. You have to look at the shambles TW inherited. 

Personally I think aspects of the squad are better than last season. Not convinced that Inverness are of a better quality than us. They didn’t dominate on Sat. They rough housed us. A lot of those challenges would have been penalised in a higher league. 

Edited by MarkyMark

2 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

But those that say the squad in terms of quality is better than last season are kidding themselves. They are more together, I’m convinced. But they are less talented/proven.

On you go. List the squad from last year and the one from this year and outline where you think we were better last year. 

We got beaten by a Championship level team in Dundee last year. They were nothing special. 

Lafferty apart I think this seasons squad is better overall. We only had Lafferty for a short period of time so there is an argument you should be comparing what we had permanently signed like Kabamba and Whitehall. 

You also accept that this team is more together than last years team which again is a massive factor. 

Edited by MarkyMark

2 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

On you go. List the squad from last year and the one from this year and outline where you think we were better last year. 

We got beaten by a Championship level team in Dundee last year. They were nothing special. 

Lafferty apart I think this seasons squad is better overall. We only had Lafferty for a short period of time so there is an argument you should be comparing what we had permanently signed like Kabamba and Whitehall. 

You also accept that this team is more together than last years team which again is a massive factor. 

I will do it for him

Keepers Bith miles better than Last yr

LB nonchange so still not good enough

RB, Naismith is miles ahead of Millen and LcGiwn was a serious dissapointment

CH, barring Rossi whon i would've kept, and the Findlay from SC era, again Murray is at keast on par if not better, as if McGowan.

MF Power worth keeping, Burke we Kept.  Gd was finished,  Pinnock too soft.  This year were better all round.

Forwards. Kiltie offered little in spurts but not consistent enough, but id have liked him to stay.  Kabamba is mince, Brophy wasnt interested, and the rest were junior level.  And erven though were short in this position Id have had robinson over everyone else last year aoart from lafferty.

20 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Exactly. Win 3 out of 4 games all season we go up no problems

Think the guys point is, who were the 3 wins out the 4 against. 

Let’s say we play Partick at home  , ICT away,  Dunfermline at home  & Arbroath away . How many do you think we’d win? 

5 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Let’s say we play Partick at home  , ICT away,  Dunfermline at home  & Arbroath away . How many do you think we’d win? 

Before the season started you would've thought Hamilton would be a main league contender. We've beaten them comfortably. Beat our main rivals comfortably and grinded out a win against Queens which is a difficult place to go. 

We'll find out soon enough how we'll fare against the particks and dunfermlines. I think 90% of games this season will be tough slogs where we'll need to break down teams. Imo you could tell in the inverness game that we were the supposed better team on paper, it was just ICT sussed us out and worked really hard to nullify us.  

9 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

It is a fair point. Although I think Queens and Accies away are some of the harder games. 

I'd fancy us to beat Dunfermline at home and Arbroath away. Thistle and Caley tight games with an odd goal in them. 

The better question for me though  is how many of those same fixtures do our rivals win ? Thistle already slipped up at Arbroath. My cautious optimism doesn't necessarily have to do with thinking well be brilliant so much as the others will be inconsistent. 

53 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

There is no point because we were a team challenging for 3rd with the best manager we have had in a generation. 

It was also a long time ago now. You have to compare where we are now with the team that got us relegated. 

Looking back at the club under SC will get you nowhere as we can’t do anything about it now. You have to look at the shambles TW inherited. 

Personally I think aspects of the squad are better than last season. Not convinced that Inverness are of a better quality than us. They didn’t dominate on Sat. They rough housed us. A lot of those challenges would have been penalised in a higher league. 

Of course we can do something about it. We create a strategy with the aim of getting us back to that level and start to implement it. Sadly, though, those that are currently running the club don’t have the ability to create and implement a long term vision similar to that which has taken Brentford from League One to the Premiership or if you want more modest comparisons what has been achieved at Livingston and St Johnstone. They are content to see us just plod along and see if we are lucky enough to win promotion. 

I honestly think if we get a half decent striker the whole team will click into place. For this level we’ve a good starting 11 and pretty strong backups. Our attack just looks a bit limp because the guy leading it is too green and poses no threat. I think we would have looked a lot more dangerous on Saturday if Scotty Robinson hadn’t gone off. We’re a good team - just missing the final piece of the jigsaw. 

25 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I'd hope for similar. Beat Thistle, Dunfermline and Arbroath I'd hope. 

Hope over expectation but you never know

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

No that WAS the direction of Travel. Sometimws you need to stop being so endlessly and tediously negative.  You rarely have a good thing to say.

We have lost 1 game we would have thought we should win.  The team oerformance wasnt great.  BUT as I and others have said this is a totally new side, with a glaring gap uo front which the manager is working to fill.

Even with that gap closed, we will still have days like this. Howver this side even in its current state is more than good enoigh to win the league.

Sometimes its better to keep your gob shur, than spout negative mince, and dredging stuff up from 3 seasons ago.  That was then this is now, try enjoying what we all hope will be a 1 season foray into the depths if the championship.

Oh and for a side you keep saying is s**te.  Were equal 2nd, having lost 1 goal in 4 games.  Get a bloody grip

Go back and read my posts when we finished above the Dons in third place. It was a total joy supporting Killie under SSC. Even against the OF you were confident of getting something and we usually did. I’m more than happy to sing the club’s praises where it’s deserved but since Clarke walked out the door there hasn’t been much to cheer. 
Happy being second in the second division may be for you but it isn’t for me. 

Edited by historyman

13 minutes ago, historyman said:

Happy being second in the second division may be for you but it isn’t for me. 

Ffs, this IS where we are at the moment. Why hark back to a day which hadn’t happened in my lifetime before.  You need to take off your desk shades and enjoy the sun sometimes.  No one on this forum has said we’re HAPPY to be in the championship not one, but that’s where we are and we intend to make the best of it in the hopefully short time we’re here.

as for long term plans, is getting guys on 2yr instead of W season deals not enough in these uncertain times, with a clear strategy of getting the younger guys involved with the first team and our on loan?????

Honest to f**k you need to give the ‘but it was great under SC and now it’s just s**te’ diatribe you constantly post

57 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I will do it for him

Keepers Bith miles better than Last yr

LB nonchange so still not good enough

RB, Naismith is miles ahead of Millen and LcGiwn was a serious dissapointment

CH, barring Rossi whon i would've kept, and the Findlay from SC era, again Murray is at keast on par if not better, as if McGowan.

MF Power worth keeping, Burke we Kept.  Gd was finished,  Pinnock too soft.  This year were better all round.

Forwards. Kiltie offered little in spurts but not consistent enough, but id have liked him to stay.  Kabamba is mince, Brophy wasnt interested, and the rest were junior level.  And erven though were short in this position Id have had robinson over everyone else last year aoart from lafferty.

On your point on goalkeepers, you and practically everyone else on the forum are of the opinion that we have better goalkeepers than last year. I would agree with that.

What I find strange is that it was glaringly obvious from August 2020 that we were woefully weak in that position yet nothing was done to correct it. It was obvious that was going to cost us but we didn’t correct the problem. I would go as far as to say if we had signed Liam Kelly or someone similar our chances of staying up would have increased significantly- but we didn’t and we went down and fans don’t seem to be too upset at that gross misjudgment. That’s what I can’t understand let alone the fact that we have employed Doyle as a coach. 
As for the new players McGinn has been an excellent and Murray (CH) close behind him. I’m yet to be convinced on any of the others and don’t know whether they will be able to take us up. 

9 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Ffs, this IS where we are at the moment. Why hark back to a day which hadn’t happened in my lifetime before.  You need to take off your desk shades and enjoy the sun sometimes.  No one on this forum has said we’re HAPPY to be in the championship not one, but that’s where we are and we intend to make the best of it in the hopefully short time we’re here.

as for long term plans, is getting guys on 2yr instead of W season deals not enough in these uncertain times, with a clear strategy of getting the younger guys involved with the first team and our on loan?????

Honest to f**k you need to give the ‘but it was great under SC and now it’s just s**te’ diatribe you constantly post

I’m sorry but ‘it was great under SC and now it’s just sh*** ‘ is exactly how I feel. Having supported Killie since the late 70s I expected to get a bit longer in the sun and I’m furious that the club let it all fall apart so quickly. And let’s be clear, it was a few decisionmakers who are 100% responsible for that. 
I was also under the impression that the forum was designed for all views and opinions but clearly not. So I’ll do what I was going to do a couple of weeks ago and just give it a rest. 

29 minutes ago, historyman said:

I’m sorry but ‘it was great under SC and now it’s just sh*** ‘ is exactly how I feel. Having supported Killie since the late 70s I expected to get a bit longer in the sun and I’m furious that the club let it all fall apart so quickly. And let’s be clear, it was a few decisionmakers who are 100% responsible for that. 
I was also under the impression that the forum was designed for all views and opinions but clearly not. So I’ll do what I was going to do a couple of weeks ago and just give it a rest. 

There is no point getting upset about it as it won't make any difference. We can't rectify the mistakes. All we can do is hope that the directors don't make the same mistakes again and try to influence them through whatever channels possible to try and ensure they don't.  

I wouldn't under estimate the shambles that TW inherited. We are in a decent position when you consider the rebuild that had to be undertaken in a short period of time. I think we have a better team than last year. We are just missing a few crucial pieces. 

Yes it was brilliant under SC but that is in the past. It could be good under TW. He knows what he is doing and is the type of appointment we should have made when SC left but TW wasn't available at that time.  It's time to move on and look at where we are now rather than where we were when SC was here. 

I hope we are pleasantly surprised about the signings and that they aren't the names mentioned so far like Shaw, Gullan etc. 

Edited by MarkyMark

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Of course we can do something about it. We create a strategy with the aim of getting us back to that level and start to implement it. Sadly, though, those that are currently running the club don’t have the ability to create and implement a long term vision similar to that which has taken Brentford from League One to the Premiership or if you want more modest comparisons what has been achieved at Livingston and St Johnstone. They are content to see us just plod along and see if we are lucky enough to win promotion. 

Brentford is a bizarre example to use - Benham funded their rebuild and promotion pushes, so unless your argument is to be "get Billy Bowie to sell his businesses and give us the money", I'm not sure that strategy is valid for us.

St. Johnstone is a great example of a model club, but they've had stable administration for a couple of decades.  You seem to still cling to this weird idea that we would stay third while running at a deficit, losing the best league manager in a couple of generations, with the oldest squad in the league.  St. Johnstone faced one of those challenges in the last ten years or so - losing Tommy Wright.  They had a stable, relatively young squad and a natural succession.

Edited by Lorielus