Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

I know it has been mentioned on previous pages but what is frustrating me is the lack of any credible rumours from usually reliable journalists. 

Let's hope this is a positive step and the signings will be worth the wait. 

Just now, carpetfitter said:

Barrie McKay was good at one time. Last I heard he was at Swansea. 

According to transfermarket he's a free agent now. I would be surprised if we're his best offer, but him being a former youth player may have a nice alure for him to come back and prove he good enough from where it all started.

4 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I'd be astonished with Daniel MacKay. Hibs are big on him and he'll feature plenty for them.

Barrie is a much more realistic option and if we can keep him fit then a front 3 with him on the left and Burke on the right would be hard to beat at our level. 

its a striker we need not another winger 

1 hour ago, Lorielus said:

It absolutely works - because they had a rich guy buy them and pump capital into them (more than £100 million).

It's utterly bizarre than you think a guy giving a club £100m is somehow reflective of a model that would work from Kilmarnock.  You can do it down south because if you buy your way into the premier league then the television money alone can allow you to be self-sustaining thereafter, regardless of where you are in that league.  That could not be less true for Scotland.

Mmmm, perhaps it’s the model I am highlighting which can be done on a different scale in Scotland in order to build a consistent top six club. What’s bizarre is you thinking I’m suggesting someone would invest that figure in any Scottish club - although that may happen when Celtic and Rangers inevitably leave to join some form of European league in future.

By the way, congrats to Hearts, biggest fan owned club in the UK. Something to be proud of. 

11 minutes ago, marty0501 said:

its a striker we need not another winger 

We do need a striker, but you should always be looking to improve every area of your squad. Right now we have Rory playing LM and whilst I like him he's limited in that position; Murray has been poor since the season started and Armstrong plays on the right. 

5 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

We do need a striker, but you should always be looking to improve every area of your squad. Right now we have Rory playing LM and whilst I like him he's limited in that position; Murray has been poor since the season started and Armstrong plays on the right. 

I thought Fraser Murray looked good until he picked up an injury.

Something also for us to look from afar and admit it will not happen any time soon for our club too many local supporters from all around Kilmarnock who rather than support their local team take the option of heading up the 77 to Glasgow. 

Even when we were riding the crest of the waves of the cup victories and the SSC years we couldn't hope to sell a fraction of the season tickets Hearts and Hibs can manage that is unfortunately the reality!

30 minutes ago, historyman said:

Mmmm, perhaps it’s the model I am highlighting which can be done on a different scale in Scotland in order to build a consistent top six club. What’s bizarre is you thinking I’m suggesting someone would invest that figure in any Scottish club - although that may happen when Celtic and Rangers inevitably leave to join some form of European league in future.

By the way, congrats to Hearts, biggest fan owned club in the UK. Something to be proud of. 

Sorry, I'm genuinely confused then - can you clarify what the model is?  Brentford wouldn't have been able to rebuild their team and outscale their rivals in league one and the championship without the owner propping them up, so how do we accomplish that without funding and with no borrowing capacity?