Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

He looked quite dangerous when ever I saw him for the Hibees. Maybe as you say just needs the right club.

His dad Greg was a forward at Ayr Falkirk Dunfermline Airdrie Berwick. Hopefully Oli turns out to be a good signing if in fact he's signing up. 

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Does it matter if they are any good or fit the system TW wants to play, or do you just want a body in regardless?

Chill out. it'll happen.....

Remember when weeks of this patronising pish ended up with us signing Osman Sow and Harvey St Clair? 

We've got the players to be in the mix at the start of the next window - but after some great early business, we've been very obviously needing the same last couple of pieces for a good few weeks now. You can't blame supporters for getting a bit tense. 

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

Oli Shaw’s goals to games ratio in the Premier League is around one in five. Just about the same as Brophy’s.

Gullan has scored just under one in two in the Championship in the past two seasons. 

They wouldn’t be marquee signings, but they would give us options, and both have scored goals - Shaw at a higher level. Who was at all excited when Brophy arrived as a Hamilton squad player? 

Whoever signs, let’s give them 100% support. 

I'm still not particularly excited by Eamonn Brophy, to be honest. 

Do Gullan and Shaw bring something different to what we already have? I’ve seen Shaw play a few times but can’t think of him doing anything of serious note. Gullan is a name I’ve heard but never seen play.

To me we are not the most mobile or dominant up top. Will these two if it is them change that?

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

Do Gullan and Shaw bring something different to what we already have? I’ve seen Shaw play a few times but can’t think of him doing anything of serious note. Gullan is a name I’ve heard but never seen play.

To me we are not the most mobile or dominant up top. Will these two if it is them change that?

Oli Shaws best aspects of his game are his running, particularly when he drifts wide. 

Definitely brings a different option. 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

My Hibs fan mate says they are both decent enough players but Shaw never really fulfilled his early potential. He would take Gullan over Shaw.

4 minutes ago, España Killie said:

My Hibs fan mate says they are both decent enough players but Shaw never really fulfilled his early potential. He would take Gullan over Shaw.

Either would be an improvement on Cameron. And given that Robinson pulled up at the weekend, we are in desperate need of more numbers through the middle.

47 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

................... Ah’ll no be BAAAAACCKKK

I have been following Killie for over 50 years and those are my earliest memories of fan reactions from the 60s. And Killie were winning everything then. Some things never change. ?

Oli Shaw and Jamie Gullan would be better than signing nobody and no-one. 

These guys might just be the answer and we’ll just need to back them and see. Young(ish), given some faith by a club willing to take them on permanently and given a run of games.

If they score 5 to 10 goals each this season, it’s a decent outcome for both club and player(s).