Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

51 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

DOUBLE ACT

Exclusive By Robert Martin

Kilmarnock want to reunite Jamie Gullan with old Hibs team-mate Oli Shaw at Rugby Park.

The young striker has been given the go ahead to leave Easter Road after expressing a desire for regular first team football.

And the Ayrshire club are hopeful of beating off interest from rivals sides to land the 22-year-old on a permanent deal.

Gullan has plenty of Championship experience having spent THREE loan spells with Raith Rovers.

And Killie plan to team him up with Shaw, who came through the ranks with him at the Edinburgh club.

OLE OLI!

By Robert Thomson

Kilmarnock are set to secure Ross County striker Oli Shaw. 

The ex-Hibs man will be allowed to leave the Highlands following the arrival of Malky Mackay as manager. 

And he will head to the opposite end of the country to sign for Killie. 

Shaw, 22, joined the Staggies in January 2020 and bagged eight goals last season as they beat relegation. 

Now he’ll head for Ayrshire to spearhead Killie’s bid to get back to the top flight. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7491600/transfer-deadline-day-live-celtic-rangers-news-spfl/

2021 and people still take this rag seriously. 

2 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Shaw and Gullan both signed 2 years. 1 more possibly 

IF true , then good luck to both 

With both not that much older than him , wonder if Cameron will start to think he may not have future at Killie or be moved out on loan again 

55 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Weird how you only cut down a segment of the sentence which ultimately made a valid point.  

"Personally I'll be pleased with whoever we sign as if they haven't been too successful at there current team, they are coming here to prove a point to the doubters"

There is your full quote. I didn't think it added anything to validate your point. Let's say for example that Killie announced the signing of Danny Whitehall or Nicke Kabamba - and they are desperate to prove a point... you would still be pleased with that?

My point is we signed Sow before and then followed that with Simeon Jackson. These players were known entities, the majority knew they weren't good enough and this turned out to be the case. I don't want to see the same happen again.

2 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

"Personally I'll be pleased with whoever we sign as if they haven't been too successful at there current team, they are coming here to prove a point to the doubters"

There is your full quote. I didn't think it added anything to validate your point. Let's say for example that Killie announced the signing of Danny Whitehall or Nicke Kabamba - and they are desperate to prove a point... you would still be pleased with that?

My point is we signed Sow before and then followed that with Simeon Jackson. These players were known entities, the majority knew they weren't good enough and this turned out to be the case. I don't want to see the same happen again.

Uhmmmm, we needed them to be SPL standard and that they are not and never will be.  We are a Championship side level now which I could bet Shaw or Gullan will be a welcome addition to the starting 11.  

Guys like Lawrence Shankland have jobbed around various clubs in Scotland but just needed that one different manager or change in the way they're asked to play to become a real threat. So the hope has to be that Shaw especially can recapture the early promise he had and become a top player. Gullan I think will surprise a few. 

If true 2 year deals should give them stability and that carrot of hopefully getting promotion and a chance back in top flight.

9 goals last season for Shaw isn't bad. Not many killie players have managed many more in last 20 years or so, outwith Boyd. If we can get 9/10 goals out of each striker then that would be decent. You'd expect the likes of burke, murray, polworth to chip in with goals aswell.

Hearts scored 63 goals last season and conceded 24. That's what we need to aim for.  

Jamie Gullan looks set to be Kilmarnock's second striker signing of the day, with the 22-year-old poised to join on loan from Hibs.

The Ayrshire club are set to complete a permanent deal for Ross County's Oli Shaw follow Alex Samuel move to Dingwall.

And Record Sport understands that Gullan is also set to move to Rugby Park on loan.

Sun also reporting similar