Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

No other clubs in the same league transferred teams to rivals either permanently or on loan?

Almost entirely when it's a player not getting game time at a club who are performing better than the buyer (borrower) or at a lower standard.

Us getting recent loan players from Celtic for example or say, if we were currently flush with strikers it wouldn't be out of the question to see the likes of Cameron out on loan again at a Morton, QOTS etc.

If you've got someone in mind from the championship or elsewhere, who is it that you're thinking about and why would we be able to get that deal done on a loan or for peanuts?

Couple of observations - I’m unaware of any strikers from our league in Scotland that their club would be willing to loan to us as they’re so far out the picture, or wish to strengthen a direct rival if they’re any good.

I’m confident with the shifted sands in the Premiership some guys will now see first team opportunities more limited and a move to the biggest team in the Championship and helping them win the league and gain promotion is more attractive than sitting in the stand of a Saturday.

Also, I’d be a lot more annoyed as a Hibs fan than a Killie one that they missed out on McGrath last night by leaving it too late to get the paperwork & registration done by midnight. They’ve had all summer to work that deal out. That’s incompetent compared to having the selling club back out of a deal at the 11th hour.

Finally, we still have the best squad in the league and I look forward to our lads showing that over the next 8 months. 

IMO we should had a better striker in place for start of the season but for various reasons one or 2 earlier deals fell through and then TW was waiting on his main targets…

Not sure in this instance Fowler getting blamed, has looked all summer that TW has been very much the man in charge of dealings , nearly all the signings are ones which TW or his assistant have history or known about , the deal for the second striker fell through as Hibs had a late change of mind as own deals collapsed at last minute,  despite TW reportedly previously speaking to the Hibs manager and getting the go ahead 

Hope is now TW has back up plan and moves quickly to get a striker in on loan 

23 minutes ago, BelieveToAchieve said:

What good would that have done if plan B was another permanent signing that there was just as much chance of falling through too? E.g. it would have been a similar situation with Hendry, with Saints wanting to sign a replacement before letting him go. If plan B is a loan, there was no need to get it done last night.

As it happens, At Johnstone have just announced the signing of their Finnish striker this morning, so there's possibly a chance of us getting Hendry on loan now.

Why are we targeting deals that will potentially fall through at the last minute? We didn't do that with the other 98% of the squad? We took a gamble and it failed. 

All will be good if we can still do a deal and get Hendry in on loan. 

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Geez peace ffs.  The move wasnt in our control.  What do you expectthe club to do?

Should they just abamdon the deal in case it falls through, or do we move on and look at olan B,C,D or E?

I don’t know how many professional footballers there are in the United Kingdom but I would have thought it was possible to have another one or even two lined up as potential signings if the original target fell through. 
That’s what I expect the club to do. So that if the manager wants to sign two strikers in the transfer window then the club signs two strikers in the transfer window. Unless, of course, what we are saying is that only Jamie Gullane was suitable as a new recruit. I would find that strange.  

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, BigYin said:

What's to say the club don't have a player lined up to come in on loan in the event the Gullan deal fell through. There would be no need for it to be rushed through before the deadline last night. What difference will it make if they sign today, tomorrow, Friday etc.  I'm sure well see another striker arrive in the near future 

I hope you are right but I wouldn’t put my house on it 

11 minutes ago, John M Clark said:

What is the situation with Barrie McKay ? He is listed twice on the internet as a Killie player ,and it was quoted yesterday that Andy Halliday had been trying all week to get him to go to Hearts. Have I missed something has he joined us ?

He hasn't signed for Killie and is currently training on his own. Has moved back up to Scotland so his next move will likely be up here - however bigger clubs than us will likely be in for him. Wouldn't be blown away to see him at Aberdeen and Matty Kennedy end up here on loan...

I see Hibs offered Scott Allan to St Mirren last night for one of their players. This is the type of player we need in. I think we should approach them and offer him a loan to the end of the season. Would strengthen our midfield and provide the creativity everyone is asking for

Anyone mentioning that St. Johnstone have finally announced their Finnish striker, which means Hendry may be available for loan will have to read their article on the announcement. The work permit for him is still to be resolved (which has been the hold up this whole time) and they’ve only announced him to try and appease their fan base after last nights s**tshow 

23 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t know how many professional footballers there are in the United Kingdom but I would have thought it was possible to have another one or even two lined up as potential signings if the original target fell through. 
That’s what I expect the club to do. So that if the manager wants to sign two strikers in the transfer window then the club signs two strikers in the transfer window. Unless, of course, what we are saying is that only Jamie Gullane was suitable as a new recruit. I would find that strange.  

“Eh excuse me Mr Striker, but would you hold off on signing for anyone else, just in case our first choice deals fall through?” What player in their right mind could turn down that kind of approach? 

14 minutes ago, rustykfc said:

I see Hibs offered Scott Allan to St Mirren last night for one of their players. This is the type of player we need in. I think we should approach them and offer him a loan to the end of the season. Would strengthen our midfield and provide the creativity everyone is asking for

This.

Offer them a very good deal and he's a game-changer.

Taking a step back , up to end of August bringing in at least 17 new players in such a short period is some going , so the Management team and JF deserve credit for sorting all those deals out…..whether these are the right signings and enough to get us promotion will be proved over the season 

The forward position has been the obvious missing part during all of the rebuild, hopefully Shaw can add some quality to that area and a deal for a loan signing or 2 can further enhance the squad