Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I agree, and it might make sense.

Retaining just four plus some youngsters might be too much upheaval.

It’s hard to work out who. Guys like Pinnock and Millen seem to be in favour at the moment. Is that because Wright sees something in them or because he’s making do with what we’ve got until the end of the season. He mentioned in the build up to St Mirren about the experience of Broadfoot and has previously spoken about Burke. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them stay another season. 

Millen and Pinnock seem favoured and it would be madness not to keep Burke in some capacity.

Kiltie, I can`t decide about. He has been in and out.

It wouldn`t surprise me if Haunstrup left.

A lot can still happen before the season is over. 

5 hours ago, skygod said:

The trouble is, he's only really worth playing in behind a striker, but at the same time he's not quite (maybe not far off, but not quite) good enough to build a team around playing in that position. We'd almost be better having a half decent winger and a half decent box to box midfielder rather than Kiltie, even if individually he was a bit better than both. 

Tricky - I think there might be more to come with him playing in a more rounded squad and with a better manager in Wright. Would like to keep him and find out. 

6 hours ago, Bobby said:

For a start we should offer lafferty what he wants . Listening to him I  think he would be quite happy to stay, but can we afford  him ?

It’s not just about affording him, it’s about factoring in any likelihood of paying him £000s to be out injured for 6 months. Any signing is a gamble but if we put all our eggs in one basket only for some hammer thrower to crock him in the first week of the season, we need to have a squad capable (albeit to a lesser extent) of picking up the slack. 

7 hours ago, skygod said:

Was thinking similar to this. It would be interesting to see him in a normal season. Many players struggle being away from families while playing but being away from family has been taken to a whole new level this season. I’d like to hear how much players who have underperformed(Dicker, Haunstrup, McGowan etc) think this has contributed.

I hope we can do a deal for Lafferty. We have to make sure we don’t throw all our eggs in one basket. Under Alessio Burke was basically our only outlet. For long periods this season it was the same story. Now Lafferty has become the main attacking threat. Hopefully with good work in the window we can get back to being a threat all over the park and not be reliant on one player.

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Was thinking similar to this. It would be interesting to see him in a normal season. Many players struggle being away from families while playing but being away from family has been taken to a whole new level this season. I’d like to hear how much players who have underperformed(Dicker, Haunstrup, McGowan etc) think this has contributed.

I hope we can do a deal for Lafferty. We have to make sure we don’t throw all our eggs in one basket. Under Alessio Burke was basically our only outlet. For long periods this season it was the same story. Now Lafferty has become the main attacking threat. Hopefully with good work in the window we can get back to being a threat all over the park and not be reliant on one player.

Agreed, but now we have another outlet Burke seems to be coming back onto a game.  In fact there's a lot kore from a few players, with Pinnock being another of note, still looks lightweight and a bit floury at times,  but he has certainly been better.

21 hours ago, Nutz1869 said:

CONTRACTS, CONTRACTS, CONTRACTS - that has to be the priority! Not sure what a squad of McKenzie, Power, McGowan and Haunstrup can do (despite how versatile Rory is..!)

As long as Lafferty, Burke and Kiltie sign extensions, I couldnt care less about keeping another single player. 

Just now, Mclean07 said:

Lafferty has been brilliant, but given his past record I have a niggling worry about him being consistent over a longer period of time or some other issue upsetting the apple cart. Obviously I would love that not to be the case. 

Glass half empty and just noticed a leaking crack to make things worse.

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Just realistic. People go from one extreme to another too often and it’s been the same with Kyle. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Just realistic. People go from one extreme to another too often and it’s been the same with Kyle. 

Fair comment.

13 hours ago, skygod said:

Millen and Pinnock seem favoured and it would be madness not to keep Burke in some capacity.

A lot can still happen before the season is over. 

Haunstrup has another year on contract though

I'd keep.....

One of the GK's as 2nd choice

Def. Mcgowan, Haunstrup and if possible Rossi

Mid. Mckenzie, Tish, Power Kiltie

Wingers: Burke, Pinnock

St: Lafferty

Would give you something to build on. Not saying they would all start, but would be decent squad players to have.

Would still need 1 maybe 2 GK's.

3/4 defenders

2/3 Midfielders

2 wingers or 1 that can play both sides

2 strikers.