Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

Just now, Wrangodog said:

That's if the McGrath deal is dead. They might want to keep Allan to get the deal for McGrath done in January. 

Guess it depends on how much Allan wants to play football and how much Hibs could make. If they get a decent offer from Killie to even pay a good % of his wages for 5 months then that might be better than him being part of a swap deal. If St Mirren can potentially afford his wages then so can we.

46 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t know how many professional footballers there are in the United Kingdom but I would have thought it was possible to have another one or even two lined up as potential signings if the original target fell through. 
That’s what I expect the club to do. So that if the manager wants to sign two strikers in the transfer window then the club signs two strikers in the transfer window. Unless, of course, what we are saying is that only Jamie Gullane was suitable as a new recruit. I would find that strange.  

What if Hendry was the alternative but was in a very similar position with his current club waiting to get a last minute deal over the line? Or possibly a further player who's not been mentioned in a similar position?

It would have been madness to pull the plug on Gullan over the last couple of days to focus on Hendry when we'd have been left in the exact same position.

It's the nature of the transfer market, and to make matters worse the actual position we have to fill is the one there is most competition for.

10 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Guess it depends on how much Allan wants to play football and how much Hibs could make. If they get a decent offer from Killie to even pay a good % of his wages for 5 months then that might be better than him being part of a swap deal. If St Mirren can potentially afford his wages then so can we.

It likely be Hibs won’t be willing to let Allan leave unless they are getting a replacement in which they would have been getting in McGrath. As far as I’m aware he’s been involved in most squads this season so can’t imagine they’d let him leave and potentially be a player short in that area.

That said he’s always a player I’ve liked and if there’s even half a chance he’s available which should be doing all we can to try and sign him 

2 minutes ago, BigYin said:

It likely be Hibs won’t be willing to let Allan leave unless they are getting a replacement in which they would have been getting in McGrath. As far as I’m aware he’s been involved in most squads this season so can’t imagine they’d let him leave and potentially be a player short in that area.

That said he’s always a player I’ve liked and if there’s even half a chance he’s available which should be doing all we can to try and sign him 

I agree that its definitely a long shot, but its a question we should be asking.

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I agree that its definitely a long shot, but its a question we should be asking.

100% and with us signing Fraser Murray from them, trying to sign Gullan and rumoured interest in Daniel MacKay, we've obviously got a decent relationship with them likely due to JF and Jack Ross previously working together

2 minutes ago, BigYin said:

100% and with us signing Fraser Murray from them, trying to sign Gullan and rumoured interest in Daniel MacKay, we've obviously got a decent relationship with them likely due to JF and Jack Ross previously working together

Great point. 

Allan is a legitimate needle mover and would be the creative player we're desperately missing. The thought of some of the through balls he could play for Burke is already getting me excited..

7 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Is it possible Graeme Mathie also has a soft spot for us?

Have I missed Oli Shaw actually playing games for us so far?

Seems some people have already made a decision on what he will offer to the cause.

Personally I will reserve my judgement of him until he has played a few games suggest others do the same lol.

It will be interesting to see the team selection on Saturday.

TW has talked a good game about promoting youth so far but hasn’t actually selected any.

This is an ideal opportunity to blood McArthur, Warnock, Brindley, Sanders & co and it will be disappointing if he doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

It will be interesting to see the team selection on Saturday.

TW has talked a good game about promoting youth so far but hasn’t actually selected any.

This is an ideal opportunity to blood McArthur, Warnock, Brindley, Sanders & co and it will be disappointing if he doesn’t. 

At the same time maybe theres a few in the first team squad that need minutes

But again the likes of Sanders woumd fall into that category

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

If Walker gets a start it should have nothing to do with our first choice keeper making 1 mistake in half a dozen games and everything to do with keeping Walker fresh, energised and hungry to impress!

If we switch keepers after each mistake we’d be doing so all season - it reduces confidence in both, unsettles the defence & you only need to look how that turned out last year - with inferior keepers admittedly. 

What I meant was we have two goalkeepers who appear to be pretty level in terms of ability. Hemmings had the shirt and would know he needs to perform every week to keep it. Saturday he was poor for the goal and looked more shaky than I've seen him so far. For me, time for Walker to prove he's our number one especially as he'll be here long term.