Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

16 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Marciano, Michael Devlin, Shay Logan, Greg Stewart, Murray Davidson, O'Halloran.

All realistic and would instantly improve us and give us a spine

Marciano isn’t realistic, Davidson just signed a new deal today, the rest would definitely improve us. 

Of the players on that list I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tommy Wright look to bring in Niall McGinn and/or Michael O'Hallaron. History with both at either club or national level and would offer something different to our attack.

Of the defenders listed I’d go after Michael Devlin of Aberdeen. Reckon he’d be one we could build a defence around. 

Lots of needs. For me would be goalkeeper, left back (had high hopes for haunstrup but he’s not a defender) and centre back partner for Kirk. A midfielder that gets beyond the strikers(s). A winger . And central striker. 

Connor hazard. Jason Naismith. Mikey Devlin. Glen Middleton. Drey Wright. Calum Hendry.

All getable on the basis of top 5 ambitions. Middleton maybe stretch based on last couple weeks. TW rates Wright. Hendry could develop as good centre and again known to TW. I wanted him as brophy replacement 18 months ago. Devlin would be excellent signing. Hazard would be a coup but maybe slip down order with new manage at Celtic. Naismith solid defender and versatile.

20 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Lots of needs. For me would be goalkeeper, left back (had high hopes for haunstrup but he’s not a defender) and centre back partner for Kirk. 

You are in a minority of one if you think Broadfoot should be at the club next season. 

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

You are in a minority of one if you think Broadfoot should be at the club next season. 

I’m sure it’s a minority. No question. Hope I’m not the only one vested fan that doesn’t see the value in having such an experienced, proven, defender helping bring on the next generation centre half’s through. 

I thought he was excellent Saturday. And I’m glad we are not backing our premier league survival on medley, Rossi or dikamona over the next week. Kirk will, in time, be remembered  fondly for the top pro he was. None of the others will be even remembered by most in the years ahead.

22 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’m sure it’s a minority. No question. Hope I’m not the only one vested fan that doesn’t see the value in having such an experienced, proven, defender helping bring on the next generation centre half’s through. 

I thought he was excellent Saturday. And I’m glad we are not backing our premier league survival on medley, Rossi or dikamona over the next week. Kirk will, in time, be remembered  fondly for the top pro he was. None of the others will be even remembered by most in the years ahead.

Yes, I know we played on Sunday.

4 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

If you could take any 4 from that list ⬆️

I'd take Stewart (Rangers) Devlin (Aberdeen) Griffiths (Celtic) and Marciano (Hibs

If 'were talking dream picks, add Jackson Irvine and there's a spine of a team right there.

9 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I haven't seen much sign of Kirk helping other centre backs out or talking them through games.

Their role seems to be primarily a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong.

I'll give you that he was OK on Sunday against the worst team in the league.

Edited by Prahakillie

31 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Bruce Anderson signing for Livi is one of those annoying ones when you see a well run club signing good players. Where we should be 

Don’t understand the hype around Anderson. He flopped on loan at Ayr, then scored a couple goals for Hamilton. Nothing special 

20 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

Don’t understand the hype around Anderson. He flopped on loan at Ayr, then scored a couple goals for Hamilton. Nothing special 

Agreed, my sheep supporting mate who is actually one of the mascots,  said he showed promise, but didn't kick on at all.  BTW he also said Rogers was a liability,  would be OK for 3 games then throw one in the net with nobody near him.

55 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

I don't think he's a world beater, but I think he's the type we should be looking at for the squad. 

What's the bets we sign a midfielder released by Nottingham Forres who does nothing and is released at Christmas whereas Anderson scores five goals for Livi and helps them win a bunch of points? They've built success on getting solid guys like that in. 

3 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Bruce Anderson signing for Livi is one of those annoying ones when you see a well run club signing good players. Where we should be 

We aren’t a well run club. 

Been proven over the past 24 months.

I see "JET" has signed for Aberdeen.  Been very hit an miss this season but scored a couple good goals.

I would've been happy enough to have him in our squad for next year, but I bet there's loads of "he'll nae dae" or whatever they say up there on the Dons sites.

5 hours ago, dasboag said:

I see "JET" has signed for Aberdeen.  Been very hit an miss this season but scored a couple good goals.

I would've been happy enough to have him in our squad for next year, but I bet there's loads of "he'll nae dae" or whatever they say up there on the Dons sites.

Good 'in the air' I suppose.

tumblr_a66cbe027f7cc17f8cb4e85ce841b3e8_f060a8dc_400.gif