Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

No it wasn't. It was some random post on here.

There was an article discussing players who are still without a club after the transfer window closed and it said in there that Stewart’s deal fell through. Obviously now we know that’s false but it was reported as such

DFE59378-0033-425E-A6C9-5DDF0F01EA8C.png

Edited by Jackwilson

8 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Scott Allan, not totally frozen out but...

Greg Stewart currently no club

Scott Allan is a great shout. That would be ideal.

What about Ewan Henderson at Celtic? Not exactly the experienced player I'd like, but I was impressed when I saw him before. Not sure how he fared on loan at Dunfermline last year, though.

19 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

You’d expect the player Wright is talking about is Gullan on loan potentially. But he trained with us deadline day and was apparently set to join permanently here. I don’t know how Hibs will feel better about giving us him now because it is on loan? But they won’t have a new striker in till January most likely.

They reckon Doidge will be back much sooner than expected.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:28 PM, Bellman2010 said:

0B85D84D-56EA-4B99-8270-0B2F15060FD6.png

It's fair to say I'm pretty happy with the team, and it's not a feeling I'm used to.

Frankly, it just feels weird.

Usually, we've got players playing out of position, at least one glaring hole in the team and a surplus of some type, normally right backs or defensive midfielders. It means Tommy's next move in the transfer/loan market could be an intriguing one in a beard-stroking, pipe-tapping, head-nodding kind of way, rather than the usual stunt pulled on us by many of the chancers we've had in charge recently which only induce eye-swivelling, teeth-grinding, hair-ripping frustration among the faithful.

Any news?

Is it Gullan?

1 hour ago, Mogwai said:

It's fair to say I'm pretty happy with the team, and it's not a feeling I'm used to.

Frankly, it just feels weird.

Usually, we've got players playing out of position, at least one glaring hole in the team and a surplus of some type, normally right backs or defensive midfielders. It means Tommy's next move in the transfer/loan market could be an intriguing one in a beard-stroking, pipe-tapping, head-nodding kind of way, rather than the usual stunt pulled on us by many of the chancers we've had in charge recently which only induce eye-swivelling, teeth-grinding, hair-ripping frustration among the faithful.

Any news?

Is it Gullan?

I'm going on snippets like anyone else, but Tommy when interviewed on KTV said we're in talks with a player when asked specifically about the free agent market which made me think it won't be Gullan/Hendry.

14 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I'm going on snippets like anyone else, but Tommy when interviewed on KTV said we're in talks with a player when asked specifically about the free agent market which made me think it won't be Gullan/Hendry.

In the interview, when asked if his targets had changed now Burrell was nearly fit, Tommy said he still wanted the striker we nearly got

That is Gullan I am sure

Not aware of anyone else being nearly over the line

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Wrong. The question was “does that change anything in the transfer market or in terms of free agents” which would include Gullan

2 hours ago, PillieKie said:

We have signed 17 players to be fair, almost 7 pages per player seems about right

My comment came before the thread tidy up by the Mod(s) …..

IF we do eventually get another striker in as our 18th signing in then it will be on paper a competitive squad with cover in all positions, when you look at the match day squad last Saturday and for various reasons likes of Hodson , Burke , Burrell, Stokes and others were not involved not to mention any of the promising younger players (not out on loan )

Noticed that Jamie Gullan came on for Hibs in the 85th minute against Dundee Utd. Suggests to me he's not far away from the first team and possibly the reason Tommy failed to get him at the last minute of the transfer window. Also Scott Allan was man of the match.