Transfer Summer 2021

Craigieboy

4 hours ago, Rondo said:

Noticed that Jamie Gullan came on for Hibs in the 85th minute against Dundee Utd. Suggests to me he's not far away from the first team and possibly the reason Tommy failed to get him at the last minute of the transfer window. Also Scott Allan was man of the match.

Yes. Can’t see any possibility of either coming to ToP. 

6 hours ago, Rondo said:

Noticed that Jamie Gullan came on for Hibs in the 85th minute against Dundee Utd. Suggests to me he's not far away from the first team and possibly the reason Tommy failed to get him at the last minute of the transfer window. Also Scott Allan was man of the match.

They've got a pre contract striker coming in January and Doidge got a long term injury. I think they were swithering about whether they needed him as cover or could risk it - and it seems they've decided to keep him for backup. Scott not setting the Heather alight might be part of that too

Why are we all going so crazy about this? Seems sometimes that we want a signing just for the sake of it.

We have, IMO, the best squad in the league. By January, we should either be comfortably top or within easy striking distance, and are the only team in the league capable of that big signing to push us over the line. If the player, or type of player, TW wants isn't available now then we wait until they are. 

Would need a top quality signing  (as we would expect under sc) to really move the squad on. We are a good championship side. I think we could be a dominant side if we get our first 11 on the park. It would make sense to me - after the shaw signing and burrel to add to squad - to sit tight and work on January option as needed. We are good for now.

12 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Would need a top quality signing  (as we would expect under sc) to really move the squad on. We are a good championship side. I think we could be a dominant side if we get our first 11 on the park. It would make sense to me - after the shaw signing and burrel to add to squad - to sit tight and work on January option as needed. We are good for now.

Clarke made two top quality signings; Mulumbu and Stewart. Bachmann turned out to be but he certainly wasn't from the outset. 

Clarke signed as much drivel as Mixu, Clark or anyone else. It's par for the course with the market we shop in. 

Revisionist to say otherwise.

28 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Why are we all going so crazy about this? Seems sometimes that we want a signing just for the sake of it.

We have, IMO, the best squad in the league. By January, we should either be comfortably top or within easy striking distance, and are the only team in the league capable of that big signing to push us over the line. If the player, or type of player, TW wants isn't available now then we wait until they are. 

Disagree. On paper the squad looks OK but as we have seen the team looks well off winning the league based on performances. Defensively fine but Cameron, Murray, Polworth have  offered very little. Haven't seen Armstrong. Shaw looks fine but not enough, Robinson isn't a striker. Our attacking options aren't good enough, I would say Arbroath and Calley have better attacking options. You can only go so far with poor performance but at least we won. Eventually your luck runs out and results match performances. We need to up our game. 

Just now, FTAD said:

Clarke made two top quality signings; Mulumbu and Stewart. Bachmann turned out to be but he certainly wasn't from the outset. 

Clarke signed as much drivel as Mixu, Clark or anyone else. It's par for the course with the market we shop in. 

Revisionist to say otherwise.

Stewart and Mulumbu were easy signings. Apart from that Clarke didn't didn't sign anyone better than was already there. Great coach but most of his signings hardly played. Mind you he should be given a knighthood for making Tshibola look decent 

Just now, kfc_superteam said:

Disagree. On paper the squad looks OK but as we have seen the team looks well off winning the league based on performances. Defensively fine but Cameron, Murray, Polworth have  offered very little. Haven't seen Armstrong. Shaw looks fine but not enough, Robinson isn't a striker. Our attacking options aren't good enough, I would say Arbroath and Calley have better attacking options. You can only go so far with poor performance but at least we won. Eventually your luck runs out and results match performances. We need to up our game. 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I don't feel that our attacking options are worse than anyone's in the league.

Nouble was excellent against us on Friday but his career trajectory suggests he's playing way above himself, and will in all likelihood be back at Livi in January. Also, there's no way in hell I'm swapping Burke, Robinson, Murray and Shaw for Tom Walsh who flopped at Ayr, Michael Gardyne who couldn't lace Burke's boots, a youngster in Roddy MacGregor and Manny Duku who was released by Raith.

Inverness and Arbroath are playing well above themselves whilst we're probably playing slightly beneath what we're capable of. I really don't envisage any realistic situation where we aren't at the very least within touching distance of top spot come January.

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Defensively fine 

I'd say thats a bit blasé for a side thats lost 1 goal in 7 games, its an incredibly good record at any level.

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

On paper the squad looks OK but as we have seen the team looks well off winning the league based on performances. 

Well off winning the league, yet sitting second whilst knowing we are capable of more?

As someone said on another thread, if we're sitting in this position whilst being terrible in what seems to be every area according to people on here then we should be fine once we get it together. 

I'm not going to say things have been great, theyve not, but we're still up there and i agree with the poster who said folk want a signing for the sake of a signing. Who and where would you play them?

12 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Shaw looks fine but not enough, Robinson isn't a striker. Our attacking options aren't good enough, I would say Arbroath and Caley have better attacking options.

What are these superior options Arbroath and Caley have at their disposal? Do you know who Nouble’s understudy is and his abilities? I confess I don’t as I don’t consider Arbroath to be title contenders. How many have ICT scored from their plethora of strikers so far this season? I also don’t know the answer, other than they’ve found goals as hard to come by as us but have been solid at the back - like us!

It seems a flippant comment to make but I apologise in advance if you have the details to back it up. I wouldn’t swap our 4 forward options en masse for any other teams in the division based on what I’ve seen so far. 

Edited by casual observer

17 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I'd say thats a bit blasé for a side thats lost 1 goal in 7 games, its an incredibly good record at any level.

Well off winning the league, yet sitting second whilst knowing we are capable of more?

As someone said on another thread, if we're sitting in this position whilst being terrible in what seems to be every area according to people on here then we should be fine once we get it together. 

I'm not going to say things have been great, theyve not, but we're still up there and i agree with the poster who said folk want a signing for the sake of a signing. Who and where would you play them?

We would play them in a position that helps us create chances and score goals. That’s where we have been lacking to date.