Buddies Home Fred

CB

18 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Just for interest any idea on the St Mirren odds movement?

Just having a guess ?

Our odds go out

St Mirren's odds come in

Your previous comment about Saint's backers having a few anxious moments, I don't understand 

If you backed St Mirren to win in 90 minutes you lost your dough 

6 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

Just having a guess ?

Our odds go out

St Mirren's odds come in

Your previous comment about Saint's backers having a few anxious moments, I don't understand 

If you backed St Mirren to win in 90 minutes you lost your dough 

Cup betting to go through to the next round is very popular as there is an end result. 

4 hours ago, Fudger said:

Really disappointed this morning, sleeping on it didn't help one bit. 

The keepers performance was the stuff of nightmares. Mistakes happen with goalies but his lack of effort at the penalties was incredible, he looked so uninterested. It really was like having an empty net for them to shoot in to. 
Compare and contrast to their keeper moving along the line, waving his hands etc, Doyles confidence was clearly in tatters. 
I said to the Mrs that Tommy Wright should have put Boradfoot in, at least he would have tried to put them off at the very least. Really gutting tbh. 

I think the criticism of Millen is way off the mark last night, thought he had a very decent game and had the baws to step up and take two pens. 

I agree that Millen showed real guts to step up to both penalties - as did all of them to be honest as we had few natural penalty takers left on the pitch. 
I thought Millen played very well and both him and Haunstrup showed great fitness levels to be going up and down the park for 120 minutes. 
God knows what the players think of Doyle but if I was in the dressing room I’d barely be able to look at him. I’d go with Rodgers for Motherwell as I think the current defence have no confidence in Doyle and it will affect their own decision making. 

A lot of ifs buts and maybes over last nights game but bottom line is we blew it big time game management in normal time and extra time was very poor and that was the main reason we are out  referee admittedly had a poor game but we benefited from his dodgy penalty decision as did st.mirren a massive opportunity missed but we now have to focus on our more important last three cup finals!

32 minutes ago, historyman said:

God knows what the players think of Doyle 

Some of the shots the BBC showed made it pretty clear what Broadfoot thought of him

Actually think its an important point, a bit like with Branescu, you can see the players don't trust him and it puts that doubt into their minds when defending. 

It doesn't excuse the defenders, but it doesn't help. 

12 hours ago, pmonty3 said:

Where to begin with that last night? Very entertaining game for the neutral I'm sure. I'm absolutely gutted we've not gone through (no as gutted as my son who hasn't spoken since ?) but I'm fairly comfortable with the fact we'd have been very, very unlikely to win that cup anyway. Awful way to lose a game and all too familiar sadly. Should have put it to bed in the 90 minutes then not to see it out in extra time is just depressing. 

Goalies - the guy Doyle has made a brilliant living out of goalkeeping so I won't come on here and pretend to know more about it than him. I can only compare him to other goalies I've seen. To me he looks like a version of the amateur goalie you'd play against, who is maybe 45 and two stone overweight but you can tell he was maybe pretty good 10 years ago. I can only assume he plays ahead of Rogers because he's physically bigger. The saves Doyle has made for us have tended to be closing down and spreading himself, whereas Rogers makes more spectacular full stretch saves. TW maybe hedging his bets with Doyle because he can see we are poor defensively and teams will get in behind. Neither of them are very good. You'd maybe get a Branescu level keeper if you combined the two. 

Defence - Broadfoot is done for me. He's done really well for us but since his return he's gone from 60% footballer 40% piss boiler to 70% piss boiler 30% footballer. He looks terrified to me and wrestles his way through games. Still good for the odd block and header but should now be at the level below. Good luck to him, had a great spell. Rossi did well, solid defender who I'd be trying to get back. Haunstrup been a massive let down. Has no outstanding qualities and makes a couple of mistakes every week. Concentration very poor. Reasonably athletic though. Millen is what he is. Cracking cross on him, and TW obviously wants us getting it into the box, A hard working guy. Just a bang average professional footballer. Would have no problem with him being a back up but the fact he's now moved a head of McGowan says it all about how well McGowan has played. 

Midfield - Thought Power was better again but it's 75% of where he was two year ago. just age I think. Same with Dicker and Mulumbu. Tshibola will never cut it as a regular first choice. Started the season fairly well but reverted to type. Just no that good. Frustrating because you feel like he could be great. But he isn't is he? Out of those I'd keep Power. Burke is still very good but cant keep going. Kiltie shows in flashes what he's capable of and worth keeping but I can't see him every playing week in week out. Pinnock is a power league player. Looks good for 20 seconds then missing for 20 minutes. Again just another guy playing at a level that just looks a stretch. Not the worst I've ever seen but we need better. McKenzie is fine. We need pace so badly. I can see us signing O'Halloran from St Johnstone and he's exactly what we need.

Forwards - Lafferty speaks for himself. If we stay up and keep him we might actually be competitive next season. Oakley the clear number 2 now. Did ok last night. Maybe worth keeping. Whitehall will probably never play full time professional again. Kabamba, after a decent start where he looked a good foil for Brophy, has been really bad. Looks a bit gutless to me. Again, another one playing at a level too tough for him. Fitting end to his Killie career last night. Good luck to the guy but we need to move on.

All in it's a massive rebuild. From that team last night there will be 3 maybe 4 who start next season. loads of work to do. I do trust TW to get it right though. 4 points should be enough, lets hope we've got enough in the tank. 

That’s a pretty accurate assessment although I think Pinnock has come on leaps and bounds under TW and is worth another punt next season. 
Only a few of last night’s starters are worth keeping for next year plus Lafferty, the rest should be new faces. 

Looking at St Mirren their squad is better than ours. They have sorted out their defence and generally keep things tight although we made them look ordinary last night. 

Looking at their defence who have we got that is better than their back four. Rossi? Are Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy and Tait better than what we have? Are their midfielders and strikers better than ours. We should at least be able to compete with St Mirren in terms of squad quality if not exceed them as I think we are a bigger team than them. 

Just wondering about their penalty. It seems Doyle DID get there first, although, as someone else said, the BBC didn’t look at it with any analysis, nor did they show any view from the FB Stand side. Possibly Doyle’s “fumble” was caused by the St Mirren player knocking out of his hands? In which case free kick to Killie and a yellow card for the St Mirren player. Also, the ref was way behind the play due to the long clearance from the St Mirren box, so how could he possibly have been convinced it was a pen from just inside our half?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Just wondering about their penalty. It seems Doyle DID get there first, although, as someone else said, the BBC didn’t look at it with any analysis, nor did they show any view from the FB Stand side. Possibly Doyle’s “fumble” was caused by the St Mirren player knocking out of his hands? In which case free kick to Killie and a yellow card for the St Mirren player. Also, the ref was way behind the play due to the long clearance from the St Mirren box, so how could he possibly have been convinced it was a pen from just inside our half?

What difference does it make now 

I`ve forced myself to watch it back for the first time. 

I`m still not totally clear what happened but one thing is clear - it was Millen`s ball to deal with. Doyle had no reason to come for it.

The Saints player got a toe to it before Doyle could gather it and then went down over Doyle`s body.

The ball broke free, how isn`t clear.

Robertson might have got it right, more by luck than good judgment.

Doyle shouldn`t have come for the ball and Millen, having seen the ball bounce and die, should have realised Doyle wasn`t getting there quickly enough and taken control of the situation. 

12 minutes ago, skygod said:

I`ve forced myself to watch it back for the first time. 

I`m still not totally clear what happened but one thing is clear - it was Millen`s ball to deal with. Doyle had no reason to come for it.

The Saints player got a toe to it before Doyle could gather it and then went down over Doyle`s body.

The ball broke free, how isn`t clear.

Robertson might have got it right, more by luck than good judgment.

Doyle shouldn`t have come for the ball and Millen, having seen the ball bounce and die, should have realised Doyle wasn`t getting there quickly enough and taken control of the situation. 

I just watched it again, the St Mirren Player touches the ball Doyle gets the ball the St Mirren player follows through knocking the ball out of Doyle's hands and falls over the keeper surely that's a foul on the keeper, it's definitely not a penalty for me.

Also was it not the same referee that gave the Dundee Utd a free kick when we scored claiming the keeper had two hands on the ball.

Edited by Garvis

On 4/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, historyman said:

I agree that Millen showed real guts to step up to both penalties - as did all of them to be honest as we had few natural penalty takers left on the pitch. 
I thought Millen played very well and both him and Haunstrup showed great fitness levels to be going up and down the park for 120 minutes. 
God knows what the players think of Doyle but if I was in the dressing room I’d barely be able to look at him. I’d go with Rodgers for Motherwell as I think the current defence have no confidence in Doyle and it will affect their own decision making. 

I have repeatedly on this forum criticised Dicker both last season and this, but all credit to him for stepping up to take the first penalty. I was surprised though that, as captain,  he did not seem to try to encourage Doyle both during the walk to the goal and after he scored. It is possible that they know that Doyle does not respond but when it came to St. Mirren's penalties his plan seemed to be to stand there and hope one hit him.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Just look at Macgregor's rant at Clancy earlier in the season for a similar incident. According to 'trial by Sportscene' the goalkeeper is in control of the ball if he has a hand on it. I think the ref knew our penalty was on the soft side , although it was a tackle from behind and would have been a foul anywhere else in the park, and he was looking to even it up.

1 hour ago, Sam said:

For me, St Mirren's was a penalty and ours wasn't.

Millen was to blame for the whole situation. Hoof the f**kin ball into the stand. 

If Doyle isn’t coming to collect a relatively straightforward ball, he has no business being a keeper and more importantly no reason for being that far off his line at such a key moment. 

Only got ourselves to blame irrespective of whether it was or wasn't a penalty look back at the game and see how we couldn't see out the game in the dying embers of normal time (although power has a valid point in telling the ref it wasn't a free kick in the first place) and then repeating the dose at the death in extra time very poor game management cost us a game we should have won!

15 hours ago, Sam said:

For me, St Mirren's was a penalty and ours wasn't.

Millen was to blame for the whole situation. Hoof the f**kin ball into the stand. 

For me ours was more of a penalty than theirs. Ours was soft but theirs was non existent. That said if Doyle had got of his arse he wouldn't face left the ref with the decision in the first place and / or Millen should never have waited that long .... row z. But as noted elsewhere its all irrelevant now.